OOC: An RP idea

Esplandia

Factbook Addict
-
TNP Nation
Esplandia
Discord
esplandia
So I am looking to start an RP that will take place right after the assassination attempt on Princess Amelia which can be read about in this thread: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7459624/1/#new. My plan is that Amelia will be sent on some kind of foreign exchange type program to keep her out of harm's way.

This would be a chance for Amelia (and me) to learn about other nations in the North Pacific. It could be she could spend a couple weeks in your countries before moving on as she tours the North Pacific. This could be a chance to teach us all about your customs, eating habits, art, culture, etc.

At some point I'll also bring in a subplot with another assassination attempt, and reveal who wants Amelia dead and why.

I'd love to hear people's thoughts on this idea.

Current itinerary:

Dallicania
Rhuvanland
Yeraennus
Tajis
Imperium
SillyString
Syrixia
Vazos
Wolfsea
Sadakoyama
Kalti, Callaici and Tir na Andalucia
Floresque
Norvalkin
New Intelligentsia
Ceretis
Lancerian Empire
Xentherida
Myroria
Kannex

Sounds like a great idea.

If you wanted to learn about McMasterdonian culture, I would obviously say that the mainland would not be a good idea. She could visit our island colony of New Intelligentsia, which is located in the East near Imperium Augustum. New Intelligentsia is an island of learning, it features a huge University, a military academy, the guard academy, and a mountain where the sacred flemingovian temple is located. The island is purely ethnic Mcmasterdonian and the customs are very similiar to the mainland. They are however in a time of peace, thanks to peacekeepers from the Imperium. She could perhaps pass through on her way to other countries in the east.

Agreed, it does sound interesting.

Yeraennus and Sphan K'ter would love to provide a central hub for her stay in the Seran Islands and let her visit cultural and scientific areas of interest, as well as a lovely day on the beach when there isn't an ice storm in the brewing. There could also be an incident regarding the K'ter Mafia (the now semi-legitimate crime family of Yeraennus and the direct criminal opposition to the PDT) and Amelia.

Vazos ordinarily would not let anyone that's not an ally from the Novrith Pact enter. They would, however, make an exception for a royal such as Princess Amelia. The High King is, if I'm not mistaken, only a few years older than her (he's 29). ;)

I highly recommend that she go to Verkastelo (old name Lignurbom), the largest city in Vazos, or to Grikastelo (old name Wenurbom), the cultural nucleus of the country.

Any friend of McMasterdonia's is a friend of Norvalkin's, though we welcome all. Whether you're in the market for business or pleasure, such can be accommodated.

The Lancerian Empire would be interested in hosting her for a time, I imagine Queen-Empress Amelia wouldn't mind mewring Princess Amelia :P

It'd have to potentially be one of her later visits though, TLE isn't entertaining visits until the McMasterdonian Political crisis is over, seeing as two Royal Lancerian Navy Battle Groups are being deployed there, each with an Expeditionary Legion of the army aboard. At the moment, combat operations are taking the full attention of the Queen-Empress and Prime Minister Oudinot.

I would love for someone to visit Sadakoyama; just be aware we are very egalitarian; a lot of people are going to treat even visiting royalty as "just folks".

Amelia is more than welcome to visit Wolfsea, however if she intends to see how the Khanate family lives she will be required to work so we'll need to know any applicable skills and where she might want to work.

Is it going to be like a state visit?

If it is, she'll probably be entertained by the Dallicanian royalty too. Visit your southern neighbor with a weird language and curlicue script. ;)

Although I'm prolly more available to post next month. ;)

OMG THIS IS WHAT I CAN DO WITH RHUVANLAND! Hey, if Princess Amelia comes to Rhuvanland, I promise you won't be dissappointed. We have many cities each with their own German flair; dazzling ski mountains; beautiful ports; etc! She'll be able to meet the Rhuvish Parliament, and both Chancellor and President! She can ski; she can sunbathe; she can eat at the Hofbrau Haus; she can shop; etc! There's so much do to in the Federal Republic!

She could visit Myroria or Floresque, or both even. Myroria would probably have a more alien culture than Floresque, but the latter has more traditional state-visit things to do; art museums and the like.

I'd like to see Princess Amelia visit Xentherida. She would either do a state capitals tour, or just a tour of the major cities (Blackwater City, Cosonia, Marcadia, Aridia, et cetera). Also, as there are still tribes living in central Xentherida, she could visit and speak to them, depending if they want a visit. Obviously, because Xentherida (somewhat like Sadakoyama, but almost as much) is rather laid-back in terms of royalty, we would be quite casual towards Amelia.

If Rhuvanland isn't suitable, Princess Amelia can see the beautiful and distinct culture of the Syrixians. The many fabulous temples, such as Paramhan Prajidhu in Rajpur, are an irresistible sight, as are many other attractions such as Mt. Meru, the Sainalaya Mountains in northeast Syrixia, and many cities and tropical havens such as Srinagar, Madras, Rajpur, and of course the Pinnacle City, the Imperial City; Pataliputra. She can meet the Maharaja and the Prime Minister, and during her stay she'll have a guest suite in the Golden Palace, the ancient residence of the House of Akbar since time immemorial.

Imperium would be willing to facilitate passage into and out of Floresque, New Intelligensia, and Vazos, through our international airport in Neapolis. It's well equipped to handle royalty and VIP passengers, and routinely takes intrastate visits by the Imperator on his way north, as well as acts as the host city of all embassies in Imperium. (The Pax Latina, and the Novrith Pact are soon to be invited to maintain a joint consulate each in Alba Longa, our capital.)

(Sorry I didn't reply yet. Went to work for my regular eight hours and ended up staying for thirteen.)

I'm glad to see so much interest in this which I wasn't quite expecting. I will likely begin making an itinerary for all the nation's she'll visit.

I was thinking that whatever country she's visiting, that person could write up a sort of travel guide about the places she'll visit, foods she'll eat, people she'll meet, etc, then afterwards I'll write up her impressions about her visit before continuing on to the next stop.

Eventually I'll work in that she's being followed by the people who already tried to kill her, and there'll be another attempt on her life. The reason for her visiting the nation's of the North Pacific is to get her away from Esplandia where her father thinks she'll be safe, which isn't the case. Her father's enemies have a longer reach than they think.

Just to be clear then, this isn't like a formal state visit then? One would think if she was in hiding she would visit these places quietly. For that reason it might not be wise for her to go and meet all the heads of state in big ceremonies, but simply try to blend in as a tourist ?

mcmasterdonia:
Just to be clear then, this isn't like a formal state visit then? One would think if she was in hiding she would visit these places quietly. For that reason it might not be wise for her to go and meet all the heads of state in big ceremonies, but simply try to blend in as a tourist ?
I'll second this, particularly as she would not be permitted to enter Vazos if it's not a state visit. :P

Might I suggest a nice, relaxing vacation to the sunny shores of SillyString? We're only a short hop away from New Intelligentsia and the Imperium and can provide the longest walks on the beach of any nation. :P

Even though they're sending her abroad she isn't really in hiding (they think she's only in danger in Esplandia) so state visits wouldn't be out of the question.

Esplandia:
Even though they're sending her abroad she isn't really in hiding (they think she's only in danger in Esplandia) so state visits wouldn't be out of the question.
In that case, we look forward to hosting her. :)

I just realized that with an impending gang war, Yeraennus might not be safest place. Oh well. Sphan will try to offer diplomatic immunity.

So here will be my intenary for her trip, each nation in the order she will go to.

Dallicania
Lancerian Empire
New Intelligentsia
Imperium
SillyString
Rhuvanland
Tajis
Syrixia
Vazos
Wolfsea
Sadakoyama
Floresque
Norvalkin
Yeraennus
Xentherida
Myroria

You'll all have control of Amelia's actions in your country as far as far as places she sees, things she eats, people she meets, and other touristy things for her. I'll respond with her thoughts on the visit.

Does this sound okay?

(Edit: She'll be traveling with two other girls as well.)

sounds good to me.

*thinks of other tourist-y places aside from beaches*

Yay, I'm right in the middle!

PS: The National Sonacists may or may not capture her depending on whether Esplandia congratulates or condemns them. :worship:

Could I be bumped to near the end of the list? We've got a bit of full-plate at the moment with Lancerian troops landing in McMasterdonia as we speak.

Yrkidding:
Could I be bumped to near the end of the list? We've got a bit of full-plate at the moment with Lancerian troops landing in McMasterdonia as we speak.
Rhuvanland could! We could have some fun and drama ;)

New itinerary:

Dallicania
Yeraennus
New Intelligentsia
Imperium
SillyString
Rhuvanland
Tajis
Syrixia
Vazos
Wolfsea
Sadakoyama
Floresque
Norvalkin
Ceretis
Lancerian Empire
Xentherida
Myroria

If anyone else wants to switch around I'm willing to work around it. I'll put this in the OP in a couple days to allow responses. I put Dallicania first because he's my nearest neighbor, but if anyone else wants to go first I can give that position to them.

I'll try to start the RP thread sometime next week, but only after I know who wants to be the first place visited.

Would it be possible for Rhuvanland and Tajis to go higher on the list? I was thinking perhaps we could coordinate some drama. ;)

Syrixia:
Would it be possible for Rhuvanland and Tajis to go higher on the list? I was thinking perhaps we could coordinate some drama. ;)
Possibly spot two or three. Give her a couple of peaceful stops before that. I'll likely post Esplandia's response to rhuvanland's government change at some point to

New Itinerary, will be posting RP soon.

Dallicania
Yeraennus
New Intelligentsia
Rhuvanland
Tajis
Imperium
SillyString
Syrixia
Vazos
Wolfsea
Sadakoyama