Factbook Addict
-
TNP Nation
Esplandia
Discord
esplandia
King Sherwin Takes Coronation Oath
The Karthied Herald, 15 November, 2015

King Sherwin IV has been crowned at a coronation ceremony in Westgarden Abbey in Karthied.

In front of more than 20,000 guests, including heads of state from around Eras, he took the Coronation Oath and is now bound to serve his people and maintain the laws of Aela.

After being handed the three symbols of authority - the sword of Esplandia, the scepter of monarchy, and the ring of iron - the Archbishop of Tiberus, Francis Armond Lafranc, placed Edward the Black's Crown on Sherwin's head to complete the ceremony, reciting the Song of the Erujakir.

A shout of "Preserve the King and Esplandia" was heard and the Seventeen Dukes (Prince Irwin standing in as Duke of Valdonia) fired ceremonial rifles in a salute as the crowd cheered.

King Sherwin then spoke his first words as King, saying: "As long as my heart beats and as long as I draw breath I shall ever strive to be worthy of my forebears, of my mother, and of my people. Aela bless Esplandia."

An estimated three million people lined Queen Agnieshka Parkway, even as a heavy snow fell, to catch a glimpse of the new monarch as he made his way from Westgarden to the Royal Palace in the Royal Coach.

The King replaced his mother, Queen Catheryn II, as monarch following her death on 25 October 2015. After 27 years on the throne she passed away from complications following a stroke.

The King was formally proclaimed Duke of Valdonia following the official statement of his mother's death. As per tradition, Sherwin waited until after the Queen was entombed within the Royal Crypt at Rathburg Castle before being coronated as the seventeenth monarch of Esplandia.

Kaiser Franz of the Empire of Kannex sends congratulations to the newly-coronated King Sherwin IV, as one monarch to another. The Kaiser hopes for greater cooperation and friendship between the peoples of Kannex and Esplandia.

His Magnificence, Maharaja Rajesh III, as well as the Syrixian Parliament, extend our utmost congratulations to His Majesty Sherwin IV of Esplandia on his coronation. We sincerely hope that the trend away from our grim past and towards a brighter future continues with His Majesty, and we wish him luck during his reign.

The Xentheridan Royal Family and Parliament also extend our congratulations to the new monarch. We wish him a long reign as king over Esplandia.

Princess Andrea, on behalf of the Khan, sends warmest regards of the Wolvesh people to his majesty King Sherwin IV.

President Narain has offered his congratulations to King Sherwin IV and wishes him the best of luck and a long reign as the new Sovereign of Esplandia.

The Norvalkin government extends its warmest regards to the new monarch, and looks forward to the continuation of an era of peace, prosperity, and cooperation.

Sherwin IV would like to extend his warmest thanks to all the well wishes from the leaders of TNP, and he hopes to strengthen relations with all the nations of Eras.

Back