[Private]: Fall 2015-16 Term

Tomb

TNPer
Hello Justice Plembobria and Justice Vazos! Congratulations to both of you guys on your election as Justices. It's an honor to serve alongside both of you on this fine bench. As we are starting a new term, we do need to get a couple of things done:

1.) We need to select a Chief Justice. I don't mind serving this position, but I do not have any judicial experience as of yet. Personally, I want to nominate Plembobria for the position. He's served in it honorably for a long while now, and I'm sure he'll do great in it again. Alternatively (or if Plembobria is unavailable), we could alternate who serves in the position every 40 days (40 times 3 is 120 days, the amount of time we're elected for.) I look forward to hearing your inputs regarding this.

2.) I want to see whether you guys would consider continuing the R4R acceptance/rejection policy from last term. The policy, summed up by Punk D, is: "...once a request for review comes in someone opens a thread here and we come to a consensus on accepting or rejecting the request." I really like it since it is very organized and would allow us to avoid internal court conflict.

3.) We don't have any on-going cases/reviews/debates, and so we're free for the time being! If you guys have any comments, concerns, or questions, please post them here.

Again, congratulations and I look forward to a productive, active term.

~ Tomb

I'm now the most senior justice on the bench. (How did that happen?) It's probs a good idea that I accept the position of CJ.

That's what I thought. Let's just hear Vazos's thoughts before making an announcement about it.

~ Tomb

I have no complaints with Plembobria serving as Chief Justice.

I concur that we should continue the R4R policy.

Should we release a statement that we are continuing the R4R policy or is it just assumed that we are?

That's assumed, and Justice Plembobria can correct me if I'm wrong.

However, we do need to make an announcement about Justice Plembobria's appointment as Chief Justice.

~ Tomb

I'm glad you're both well.

And Vazos, I can definitely relate. I'm having to deal with those too. :P

Brief update regarding my recent semi-absence:

I have survived the first finals week of grad school. I now know true hell. I won't be around much during the Christmas season (busiest time of the year for church musicians), but I should be around a bit more for RP and court stuff after the New Year. I am, of course, checking in on the forum as often as I can, even if I'm not posting much.

Vazos:
Brief update regarding my recent semi-absence:

I have survived the first finals week of grad school. I now know true hell. I won't be around much during the Christmas season (busiest time of the year for church musicians), but I should be around a bit more for RP and court stuff after the New Year. I am, of course, checking in on the forum as often as I can, even if I'm not posting much.
You're perfectly fine. It's not like the court is being overwhelmed with cases, review, and inquiries.

I just finished this semester's finals (Undergrad), and those required plenty of studying. I do hope that your finals go well, Vazos :)

~ Tomb

Further update: I have just been elected Lord High Chancellor (WA Delegate and head of government) of the Kingdom of Alexandria. Wanted to let you two know in case it may prove to be a CoI (I doubt it will).

Vazos:
Further update: I have just been elected Lord High Chancellor (WA Delegate and head of government) of the Kingdom of Alexandria. Wanted to let you two know in case it may prove to be a CoI (I doubt it will).
Congrats, Vazos! I'm sure you'll do great. Thanks for informing us.

I have been elected to serve as TRR's Media Officer. So I just wanted to inform you guys in case this ever creates a COI, which I doubt it will.

My fellow Justices, it's been an honor serving alongside both of you. May we have the opportunity to work together again in the future! Best of luck on your respective campaigns! :)

Back