History of Vazos and Quraf

Vazos

TNPer
I have some rough sketches of the history of Vazos and Quraf, but want to work on building something a bit more detailed. I'd like to take this convention as an opportunity to do so with input from my neighbors. Here's what I have so far:

• 3000 BCE: First evidence of human settlement in the Vazosian archipelago. I'm not quite sure whether they've always been populated or if they were settled by migrants from somewhere else. Wolfsea seems to be an obvious choice given their proximity, but I'm open to other suggestions.

• 2200 BCE: Danetzom, the ancestral religion of Madrako and Diunu, develops.

• 700 BCE: This is around the time that I envision the first states forming. Two in Vazos (Wazoa in the south and Escandia in the north) and one in Quraf (which also controls Krespos).

• 500 BCE: The Wazoan Empire conquers Escandia, unifying the island of Vazos for the first time.

• 480 BCE: The Wazoan Empire conquers Quraf and Krespos.

• 150 BCE: The Wazoan Empire collapses. Quraf is again independent and Vazos breaks up into city-states.

• 77 BCE: The Cordi dynasty takes power in Quraf. Their reign is uncontested for a thousand years.

• 700 CE: By this point, Danetzom has clearly divided into Madrako and Diunu.

• 850: House Sahas takes power in the city-state of Saghurbom (Blankastelo).

• 875: House Nazha (Na?a) takes power in the city-state of Magurbom (Nikastelo).

• 889: House Vishu (Vi?u) takes power in the city-state of Fulmurbom (Flakastelo).

• 896: House Nahata takes power in the city-state of Wenurbom (Grikastelo).

• 904: House Mapura takes power in the city-state of Phayurbom (Rukastelo).

• 913: House Vadhish (Vadhi?) takes power in the city-state of Acùrbom (Blukastelo).

• 917: House Muldahar takes power in the city-state of Lignurbom (Verkastelo).

• 923: The Cordi dynasty in Quraf falls after a feud forms between twin princes Cofa and Yulom. Upon their father Lunarc's death, they attempt to co-rule. The religious authorities in Quraf oust them from power after a year of bitter fighting and create a theocracy.

• 1158: By now, the seven previously mentioned city-states have expanded to control the entirety of the island.

• 1242-1251: A brutal war is fought over control of the Southern Sound between Vadhish and Muldahar. Vadhish emerges victorious.

• 1284-1290: Sahas and Vishu jointly invade Nahata. Mapura comes to Nahata's aid, and the invaders are pushed back.

• 1346-1359: King Pheroym I of Nazha coordinates the assassination of King Gardom of Mapura. Mapura invades Naja with the assistance of Nahata. Sahas comes to Nazha's aid, and the Blood War ends in a stalemate.

• 1380: Phrocali, a Madrako High Priest, prophesies of a king that will re-unify Vazos. Although he does not explicitly specify a time, it is generally interpreted to mean within the next century.

• 1470-1480: War breaks out between all the Vazosi kingdoms as the time of Phrocali's prophecy nears. The Sa?ularo orders an armistice in 1478, and the Unification Treaty is signed in 1480.

• 1535: The theocratic government of Quraf is replaced with a parliamentary republic as the influence of the Diunu priesthood wanes.

• 1620: Around this time the transition occurs from Old Vazosi to Middle Vazosi (spoken today as High Vazosi). Major spelling reforms take place, and the Ancient Cities acquire their current names.

• 1643: High King Sebalo Vadhi? decrees the closure of Vazosi borders at the prompting of the Sa?ularo.

• 1815: High King Selio Mapura orders the invasion of the Republic of Quraf on February 15. Quraf surrenders on July 23 and an occupation government is formed.

• 1823: The population of Quraf is enslaved. The Temple of Diunu on Krespos is destroyed and a summer palace for the High King is built on the foundation.

• 1857: A slave revolt in Mahasur results in the deaths of twelve Royal Army soldiers and three hundred Qurafi slaves.

• 1907: Chancellor Beriga Na?a emancipates all Qurafi slaves with support from High King Viteni Vadhi?. Her attempts to grant citizenship to former slaves are cut short by her assassination three months later.

• 1956: The Qurafi Liberation Battalion, a militant Qurafi separatist group, forms in the slums of Mahasur.

• 1978: After a failed attempt to mount revolution, the QLB disbands. Former members of the QLB form the Qurafi Republican Militia.

• 2015: High King Belrak Sahas reopens the borders of Vazos to trade and diplomacy. Immigration will not be permitted until 2020.

I'm up for any suggestions as to how to fill the gaps in this.

well heres the history of Wolfsea

Age of the Dragon
Between 800 and 500 BC – A number of City-States are formed on the Etrebean Peninsular, Garomea rose to prominence as the mightiest of these cities.
750BC – A temple to Marwolaeth is established at the summit of Mt. Kul Katura along with a small hermitage.
Approx 700BC – The City of Kul Katura is founded.
Approx 450BC – The first Dragon-King Etreius unites the warring city-states of the Etrebean Peninsular as the Etrebean Empire.
Approx 75BC – The last Dragon-King abdicates in favour of the democratic senate. The Etrebean Empire continues to flourish.
7BC – A strange new disease is first reported in the city of Garomea.
5BC – The Etrebean Senate enters recess as Senators flee to country estates, taking vital food and supplies with them,
2BC – The City states lay mostly empty with thousands having fled the plague and numerous more dead from disease and starvation.
1BC – The last surviving members of the Senate are hunted down and brutally executed by angry mobs

Age of the Blight
Between 1BC and 800AD – The Dark Ages, the survivors of the Etrebean Empire disperse into 24 tribes lead by a rapid succession of warlords, returning to a state of constant warfare with the monastery of Kul Katura being the only safe haven.
Approx 772AD – Yrka Wolfson born in Kul Katura.
786 – Yrka leaves the monastery, wandering the Peninsular before returning to his fathers’ tribe.
789 - Yrka becomes Chief, nearby tribes eye the Crescent tribes lands, provoking Yrka to protect his people, culminating in his eventual defeat of these neighbouring tribes.
790 - Yrka investigates the ruins of Garomea deep within his tribes lands, remembering howtheir peoplewere oncewhole he decides to rebuild the empire.
800- Yrka, through both use of arms and diplomacy, unites the Etrebean tribes as one. Garomea is restored as capital and renamed Crescentmaw. Yrka is declared Khan of the Wolf’s Sea.

Age of the Wolf
801: First recorded uses of the name Wolfs-Sea to refer to the Khanate.
824: Lycaon I is born.
852: Kha Yrka dies. Lycaon I is named Khan.
855: Lycaon II is born.
873: Ein I is born.
876: Lycaon I dies, Lycaon II is named Khan.
897: Lycaon II dies, Ein I is named Khan.
901: Yrka II is born. Ein I changes the clan-name to Yrkakin.
915: Ein I dies. Yrka II is named Khan.
917: Jura I is born..
930: Jura I challenges Yrka II and becomes the first female Khan.
935: Varyn I is born.
985: Jura I dies. Varyn I is named Khan.
986: Meyvn I is born.
1007: Varyn I dies, Meyvn I is named Khan.
1009: Lycaon III is born.
1031: Meyvn I dies, Lycaon III is named Khan.
1033: Medphet I is born.
1054: Lycaon III dies, Medphet I is named Khan.
1055: Meyvn II is born.
1069: Medphet I is born, Meyvn II is named Khan
1070: Adris I is born
1088: Ein II is born
1089: Meyvn II dies, Adris I named Khan.
1105: Adris I is challenged, Ein II is named Khan.
1115: Ein III is born.
1127: Ein II dies, Ein III is named Khan.
1130: Adris II is born.
1134: Ein III dies, Adris II is named Khan.
1140: Varyn II is born.
1155: Prince Varyn is granted the right of challenge by the Grand Khural, Adris II is deposed, Varyn II becomes Khan
1157: Jura II is born.
1175: Varyn II dies, Jura II is named Khan.
1178: Ein VI is born.
1180: Jura II dies, Ein IV is named Khan.
1187: First examples of paper money are circulated in the form of promissory notes issued for redemption with any Quartermaster throughout the Khanate.
1198: Ein IV dies, Medphet II is named Khan
1199: The Khanate invades the nearby island nation of San Antilles
1201: San Antilles is conquered.
1205: The remaining Antillan forces are defeated in the Antillan archipelago.
1220: Lycaon IV is born.
1234: Medphet II dies, Lycaon IV is named Khan.
1250: Jura III is Born
1254: Under Patronage of Lycaon IV the first Khanate-wide guild, the Ironsmiths Guild, is established, within months a number of other national Guilds are formed, improving the production, training and efficiency rates of the respective professions and allowing for sharing of research and development between master artisans of the guild.
1260: Lycaon IV dies, Jura III is named Khan.
1275: Prince Varyn is born to Jura III
1309: Prince Varyn dies.
1304: Jura IV is born to Prince Varyn
1320: Medphet III is born to Princess Jura
1327: Jura III dies, Jura IV is named Khan.
1335: Kruge I born to Prince Medphet
1340: Jura IV dies, Medphet III is named Khan
1351: Medphet III dies, Kruge I is named Khan.
1353: Varyn IV born
1374: Kruge I dies, Varyn IV is named Khan
1375: Promissory Note System is streamlined to have an equivalent value to coinage, allowing for better variety in what may be bought.
1380: Varyn V is Born
1397: Varyn IV dies, Varyn V is named Khan
1398: Selene I is born
1405: The Wolvesh Alchemist’s Guild discovers Gunpowder
1408: The Alchemist and Ironsmiths guilds unveil the first Wolvesh-manufactured cannon to Varyn V
1411: Varyn V dies, Selene I is named Khan
1412: The Ironsmiths Guild produces the first Wolvesh-produced handheld firearm, in the same year the first Gunsword is produced and presented to Khan Selene I. The Gunsword is then gifted to members of the Imperial Guard, becoming the traditional weapon still carried today.
1418: Varyn VI is born
1432: Selene I dies, Varyn VI is named Khan
1440: Meyvn III is born
1457: Varyn VI dies, Meyvn III is named Khan
1460: Lycaon V is born
1477: Ein V is born
1480: Meyvn III dies, Lycaon V is named Khan
1501: Alessa I is born.
1503: Prince Ein is granted the right of challenge by the Grand Khural. Lycaon V is deposed, Ein V is named Khan
1516: Princess Alessa is granted the right of challenge by the Grand Khural. Ein V is deposed, Alessa I is named Khan
1520: Kruge II is born
1541: Alessa I dies, Kruge II is named Khan
1570: Alessa II is born
1589: Kruge II dies, Alessa II is named Khan
1590: Vorath I is Born
1603: the Khanate Armada is formally established.
1613: Alessa II dies, Vorath I is named Khan
1625: Selene II is born
1633: Vorath I dies, Selene II is named Khan
1641: Vorath II is born
1640: The San Antillan Parliament is established following a petition to allow San Antillan citizens suffrage, every San Antillan over the age of 25 is granted the right to vote. Military Governor Grand Legate Orpherus oversees the appointment of the first speaker and inauguration of the first Prime Minister.
1650: Selene II dies, Vorath II is named Khan
1656: Alessa III is born
1679: Princess Alessa is granted the right of challenge by the Grand Khural. Vorath II is deposed, Alessa III is named Khan
1683: Selene III is born
1699: Vorath III is born to Princess Selene
1703: Alessa III dies, Selene III is named Khan
1722: Alessa IV is born
1724: Selene III dies, Vorath III is named Khan
1737: Lycaon VI is born
1750: Vorath III dies, Alessa IV is named Khan
1762: Alessa IV dies, Lycaon VI is named Khan
1771: Meyvn IV is born to Prince Adris.
1782: Lycaon VI dies, Adris III is named Khan.
1781: the death of his princess-consort Karina sends Adris III insane, the selective breeding experiments that resulted in the Squirrels of Arrowvale begin.
1783: Varyn VII is born.
1785: The Squirrel rebellion occurs, the woods of Arrowvale are soon taken as the fortress home of the Squirrels.
1786: Princess Meyvn is granted the right of challenge by the Grand Khural. Adris III is deposed, Meyvn IV is named Khan.
1787: Following a brace of skirmishes with Arrowvale Khan Meyvn IV finds an accord with the squirrel chieftain Sqviiq-trr-trr, Arrowvale is recognised as an independent city-state under Wolvesh protection.
(Note: the language of squirrels is difficult to decipher, this is a phoenetic approximation of the Chieftains name, it could of course mean something entirely different but given the isolationist nature of the squirrels we are still struggling to fully understand their language.)
1792: Modern Wolvesh navy is organised, first ship to bear AWV prefix, AWV Raptor, is commissioned.
1798: Mayvn IV dies, Varyn VII is named Khan.
1802: Sebt I is born
1824: Sebt I is named Khan.
1835: Princess Alessa is born to Sebt I.
1850: First Wolvesh railway opened linking Crescentmaw to the port city of Almsford 20 miles away.
1860: Lycaon VIII is born to Princess Alessa.
1872: National Postal Service established.
1886: Princess Alessa dies.
1893: Sebt I dies, Lycaon VIII is named Khan.
1897: Wolvesh national railway is completed.
1908: Meyvn V is born.
1925: Lycaon IX born.
1927: Lycaon VIII dies, Meyvn V is named Khan.
1950: Meyvn V dies, Lycaon IX named Khan.
1959: Lycaon IX marries Raina vas Tora
1960: Princess Jaina is born. Alejandro Sarzar is born.
1961: Ein VI is born.
1980: Alejandro Sarzar marries Maria Castillo. Sarzar is elected as MP for Lago de Paz.
1982: Alejandro Sarzar is named Leader of the Antillan Workers Party.
1983: Khan Lycaon IX steps down, Ein VI is named Khan.
1985: Ein VI marries Drusilla Garvin, Zeiya vas Kohrin born, Khan Ein VI named her guardian. Alejandro Sarzar elected Prime Minister of San Antilles.
1986: Prince Sebt is born.
1987: Zeiya vas Kohrin is adopted into the royal family and named princess
1988: Andrea Sarzar is born
1991: Princess Sera is born.
1993: Princess Keren is born.
1994: Prince Anton is born.
1995: Alejandro Sarzar steps down as leader of the Antillan Workers Party. Opens a cantina in his hometown of Lago de Paz.
1998: Princess Zara is born.
2002: Prince Sebt is granted the rank of Lieutenant in the Wolvesh Air Force following graduation and is assigned to Fighter Command as a Harrier pilot under Colonel Syrus Goltah.
2004: Andrea Sarzar releases her first single, reaches number 1 for six weeks.
2005: The Hesperous war takes place, the island of Hesperous in the Antillian archipelago is invaded by an unknown military force, Sebt is granted battlefield promotion to Captain for his actions in the air campaign, Syrus Goltah loses his leg and chooses retirement, standing for election as Elder of the Goltah tribe he becomes a popular and progressive voice in the Grand Khural.
2006: Andrea takes a break from the music industry to help her father run ‘Alejandro’s’, during which time she meets Sebt.
2008: Sebt marries Andrea Sarzar in a private ceremony in Lago de Paz. Ein VI begins formulation of “The Solar Crown” project, the creation of a nuclear self-destruct system for the entire country.
2009: In light of the Solar Crown becoming public knowledge Prince Sebt is granted the right of challenge by the Grand Khural, Khan Ein VI is deposed and banished to the Antillan Archipelago. After being granted promotion to Major, Sebt II is named Khan.
2014: The first of the Wolvesh Armada’s Raptor class frigates are dispatched on exploratory patrols of the region, encountering a number of neighbouring nations’ vessels, after initial contact Wolfsea reopens lines of communication with the outside world. Civil unrest in San Antilles results in the dissolution of Parliament, interim leader Johana Barez negotiates for San Antilles to become a full part of the Khanate with Barez being among the nine newly appointed Boyarin following the December 12th elections.
2015: Wolfsea establishes a military and political alliance with the United States of New Sekai, this leads to the establishment of the Faibuazu alliance. Wolfsea joins the North Pacific Treaty Organisation.

Back