Archlancer Island & The Straits

Yrkidding

TNPer
-
Archegnum and I have long ago agreed to name our shared island, Archlancer Island.

vNhu12g.png

(This is a national map of The Lancerian Empire and the only cropped map I had on hand, so there's my Hold (province) names etc. as well.)
As such, we've also agreed to name the two straits on either side the North Strait Of Archlancer and the South Strait Of Archlancer, hence The Straits Of Archlancer Pact between me, Arch, and Lennart (Avalon). The south strait is entirely contained between me an Archegnum, the North Strait however is shared between me, Arch, and NHA. With his consent I'd like to make these names final.

Not sure if it's completely relevant, but the island off of Arch's south shore is named Île Sudhommes, home of the HQ of the Straits Of Archlancer Pact. The one off of Arch's west island's shore is Île Des Alouettes. I haven't come up with official names for the remainder of the small islands, but that's in progress at the moment.

Not sure what the Germanized versions of those names would be, but go ahead, it's good. Syrixia -> Syrixien. Lancerian Empire could be.... Lanzerien?

I'm not sure we should come up with our own language names for other nations, I think it'll make life a little easier for everyone and also not risk coming up with something that the other nation doesn't approve of. Just not sure its completely necessary, I can be convinced though.

It's only for the times I'll write German. Of course, you don't have to follow my German names and you're welcome to have countersuggestions. German place names follow different conventions; for one thing, the Latinate "-ia" suffix becomes "-ien," hence "Syrixien." Personally I find it a fun thing to do, turn English place names into German or another language. If you've a language other than English that's spoken in your NS, chances are your name for other countries won't be the same as in English.

I'll do Lanzerreich when referring to the empire (or imperial polity) and Lanzerien when referring to the country.

Kannex:
I'll do Lanzerreich when referring to the empire (or imperial polity) and Lanzerien when referring to the country.
The country isthe Empire, it's only named that as a result of being made of a bunch of Holds (provinces) based roughly on the ancient kingdoms, that were once unified under McM's HRE-style historical empire. We don't hold any sort of land outside of Archlancer Island except for a couple of random small islands. There's not any differentiation made between country and empire in this case, it's not like Britain at all in that regard.

Yrkidding:
Kannex:
The country isthe Empire, it's only named that as a result of being made of a bunch of Holds (provinces) based roughly on the ancient kingdoms, that were once unified under McM's HRE-style historical empire. We don't hold any sort of land outside of Archlancer Island except for a couple of random small islands. There's not any differentiation made between country and empire in this case, it's not like Britain at all in that regard.
I think he's referring to what would be the English equivalent of "Lanceria."

plembobria:
Yrkidding:
Kannex:
I think he's referring to what would be the English equivalent of "Lanceria."
In this case, the Lancerian Empire was formed from the expansion of the Kingdom Of Lancers. I've been a little against the term Lanceria for now, I'm not sure I'd like that used.

I'll use Lanzerreich provisionally and settle for something later. I don't have a list of finalized German names for everything nor do I plan on embarking on such a trivial task. :P The Kingdom of Lancers could be rendered as das Königreich der Lanzierer or the das Königreich der Uhlanen or everything in between.

Back