TNP Nation
Zemnaya Svoboda
Discord
Eluvatar#8517
Category: Commendation
Nominee: You
Proposed by: Todd McCloud

Description: Commend You

REALIZING that because of You, NationStates is a better place.

NOTING that NationStates just wouldn't be the same without You.

FURTHER NOTING there is nothing else like You.

BELIEVING You should be commended just on those facts alone.

HEREBY Commends You.

This is the second time a region has conveniently been named something clever and was used in the commendation to get votes. I've never actually seen the region of You do anything worthy of commendation, so yes, I am against.

The delegate had already voted in favour of it prior to the opening of this topic.

Edit: also, the delegate isn't bound to follow the forum vote.

Nierr:
The delegate had already voted in favour of it prior to the opening of this topic.

It renders it fairly pointless having a forum vote then, doesn't it?

flemingovia:
Nierr:

It renders it fairly pointless having a forum vote then, doesn't it?
Not really. It lets her know what we think, so she has the people's thoughts in mind.

Though in some cases, such as this one, when the people have no sense of humor, she can, and she shows it by voting For. :fish:

I'm not sure a policy statement by a former delegate is binding over the legal code, which explicitly states that the delegate can vote however they wish.

Nierr:
I'm not sure a policy statement by a former delegate is binding over the legal code, which explicitly states that the delegate can vote however they wish.
Yeah. It definitely isn't. I don't think quoting policies of past delegates has any relevance to what a future one is doing.

I personally would like the Delegate to vote based on our forum recommendations, certainly while there is a voting policy like that and stuff that is advertised in-game :P

I support this proposal. I'm surprised Flemingovia is against it, it is similar to his "commend everyone" proposal.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back