Amerion's AMA

Amerion

TNPer
TNP Nation
Northern Amerion
Discord
Amerion #9702
Hello,

As some of you may know, I'm running for Justice. There are few reasons why one would possibly vote for me given the plethora of candidates but I hope that these few are compelling on their own, if not then on the basis of a fresh face.

But first, just a little bit about me. I began NationStates at the start of 2013 and generally lingered around, taking joy in the novelty of subjugating my own people. After a few months, I settled into a small region, blah blah blah. Eventually, in early 2014, I began anew in The Coalition of Democratic Nations. Over the next year, I served passionately and dutifully in almost all positions, and crafted many of the laws still standing. Since then I have taken up residence in Lazarus, and am currently the Speaker.

While I have generally leaned towards the more legislative aspect of government, I am excited to possibly join the judiciary and serve a region I love as justice. As others can attest to, I never give anything less than a hundred and ten percent of my concentration and I promise to bring with me the same discipline and passion. I sincerely hope that you will vote for me :)

Feel free to ask me anything

MKjMt7G3gRTxK.gif

Syrixia:
What is your opinion on the Oxford Comma?
I think that in an overwhelming majority of cases, it is not an issue. However, there are instances such as below, where it can cause confusion and as such, out of habit, it's my preference to use the Oxford Comma.

XORznA8.png

That image is disturbing. I think you will do a good job though.

What made you decide to run for justice instead of attorney general?

mcmasterdonia:
That image is disturbing. I think you will do a good job though.

What made you decide to run for justice instead of attorney general?
@MCM
I believed and continue to believe that GM is most suited to the position.

@Jemby
Yes, yes the image is indupitably disturbing. But such is its purpose, to sow disgust into the minds of the feeble masses and to affirm the depths of my depravity.... :npo:

Gracius Maximus:
Amerion:
mcmasterdonia:
GM is no longer the Attorney General though and he declined his nomination.
:blink: oops... Misread 'nominees' for 'candidates'..... :headbang:
I am now a candidate, but that should not dissuade anyone else that wishes to run from doing so.
I absolutely agree. For me, it was about who was the best and most effective person to represent the people as AG. Which coincidentally, is why I chose to run for Justice :)

Thank you for being willing to stand for one of the most thankless jobs here in TNP.

I have a couple of questions (that I will be posing to all Justice candidates):

1. What is your legal opinion of the last criminal trial held before the Court?
2. What is (at least) one thing from the ruling and/or process that you agree with?
3. What is (at least) one thing from the ruling and/or process that you disagree with?

Thank you.

Back