ARCHIVED: Motion: Recognize Richard as King of McMasterdonia

plembobria

TNPer
-
Motion Put:
That the DU recognize Richard of House McMaster as legitimate Head of State of the Kingdom of McMasterdonia, and that the Chair is prohibited from accepting ambassadors from McMasterdonia unless said ambassadors shall bear credentials approved by King Richard, or his legitimate regent.

Ambassadors,

Much has been revealed today. The false king of McMasterdonia has deceived us all regarding the location of Prince Richard. He told us he was hidden away in the palace mourning, when he was truly being cared for in the Lancerian Empire by Empress Amelia.

Albert has held the Queen Mother hostage in a remote military camp, while claiming she was in the palace mourning as well.

Richard, under the care of his regent, has issued a formal claim to the throne. I suggest the DU recognize this claim.

The Empire is currently undergoing a debate in Parliament about whether to stick to neutrality or to support the Queen Mother's claim to the throne. The Centrists and the United Workers' Party are advocating for neutrality, while the Democratic Party and the N.F.G.S. (Nationalist Front for a Greater Syrixia) are advocating for the Empire to support the Queen Mother's claim as well as this motion.

Plembobria's mission in McMasterdonia, which has lead to this war, was committed in effort to preserve the rightful succession of throne.

Members of the McMasterdonian royal family themselves supported our actions, including, Queen Mother Amira, Count Gregor, and the late Prince Alexander.

This is not an attempt to stack the council in our favor, it is the culmination of our original mission: to ensure Richard's rightful succession. That was always our intention, and is the intention now.

If Funkadelia wishes to support a tyrant, murderer, usurper, and liar, so be it.

The Kannexan Reich supports this statement and will end all diplomatic relations with the Mcmasterdonian regime currently in Intelligentsia. We recognize King Robert as the legitimate King of Mcmasterdonia.

Funkadelia:
This is not a matter for the Democratic Union to deal with, and I think this is a sad attempt by the Kingdom of Plembobria to stack the Democratic Union in their favor.
Uh, yes. Yes it is. I quote:
DU Application Thread:
The Democratic Union is an international organization for the advancement and protection of democracy throughout the world. This Union is also a military alliance, via our Collective Defense Agreement, as well as a Free Trade area, via our Proclamation of Free Trade.

I, Dwight Hodges, representative of The Lancerian Empire fully support this motion on behalf of Queen-Empress Amelia and Prime Minister Isaac Oudinot.

The United States of New Sekai are going now recognized Richard of House McMaster as legitimate Head of State of the Kingdom of McMasterdonia.

Syrixia:
Funkadelia:
This is not a matter for the Democratic Union to deal with, and I think this is a sad attempt by the Kingdom of Plembobria to stack the Democratic Union in their favor.
Uh, yes. Yes it is. I quote:
DU Application Thread:
The Democratic Union is an international organization for the advancement and protection of democracy throughout the world. This Union is also a military alliance, via our Collective Defense Agreement, as well as a Free Trade area, via our Proclamation of Free Trade.
This is not that at all.

Replacing one monarch in favor of another is not "the advancement of democracy," it is personal politics being played by the chairman of this organization in a congress of nations.

Assembled Ambassadors of the Democratic Union,

While I have presented a strong case for the war with Plembobria, it was my duty as the Ambassador to represent the wishes of the King-Regents Government. I do not walk back from my words at that time - from the perspective of the government and my office, the Kingdom of Plembobria had committed an act of war against my homeland. The unorthodox actions taken by the Kingdom of Plembobria were, in my view, a fundamentally desperate action - required because of the desperate need to rescue the Queen Mother. I was obviously not informed of the role of the King-Regent in any of the issues that have since come to light thanks to the Queen Mother. I do apologise to the Ambassador from Plembobria specifically - for attacking the character of his King and Government.

My other statements I believe should stand as said. I do continue to believe that members of this body are largely biased towards nations of a Eastern geographical location, and one that shares their views in relation to cultural modernisation, capitalism, and globalisation. I do not share the same views as many of the Ambassadors. I do call for a deep reflection about how these Governments view the lives of those in the West. Why are our lives any less important than the powers of the East? you may dispute this claim, however it is evidenced through the repeated actions of this body and those nations who have significant influence over it, and in my opinion, no nation that I have accused of this behavior can rationally argue against what I have said. You may choose to ignore my claim, but that will not mean that you are correct.

I have submitted my resignation to the Queen Amira, and to the Minister of Foreign Affairs Sophia Strauzenburg. The Minister has reported to me that they wish for me to continue on as Ambassador until this crisis has abated. I hope that I will be able to assist them in this manner. The real threat has always been the Archbishop Gunrei and his assault on tolerance and the religious diversity of a great nation.

I include a statement from the Government of the Kingdom of McMasterdonia, I have enough copies for all Ambassadors to return one original to their home governments. It bears the signatures of all cabinet Ministers, the Queen Regent, and the Chancellor in Exile. I hope to see the support of your governments listed below that statement.

O.H.M.S
89867a2c-46e0-4804-b5da-0ba3198101fb_zpszzxush9h.png

Notice of Government Transition

Friends of McMasterdonia;

I am certain that the many friends of the great Kingdom of McMasterdonia have watched our sudden decline with a degree of helplessness; they have seen the terrible acts committed by the former King-Regent Albert of McMasterdonia and watched in disbelief as he took the Kingdom almost to the brink of the great abyss.

The King-Regents treacherous actions were only announced to the world after the courageous efforts of loyal servants of the Kingdom of McMasterdonia; these members include the Royal Family of The Kingdom of Plembobria. Without the courageous decision of King Tozian - a decision that ultimately put the safety of his family and that of his nation at risk - we would not be here to speak freely about the actions of the Regency Government.

In the coming weeks, months, and years, we are sure that there will be more light shone on the atrocities committed during this terrible civil war by all sides; and we are determined to see this terrible war brought to a swift conclusion. In order to facilitate the regency transistion, and to provide for the good order and efficient operations of the Kingdom's Governments, we the undersigned members of the Government of McMasterdonia, the Royal Family, the Armed Forces, and the Security Services commit our support to the regency of Queen Mother Amira in the name of King Richard II of McMasterdonia.

We call upon all friends of the Kingdom of McMasterdonia to rally behind this cause; we do not seek military engagement or commitments from foreign powers, only a recognition that the Regency of Albert of McMasterdonia is over, and that the new era of prosperity under Queen Mother Amira may begin.

Amira
Queen-Regent of McMasterdonia

Gregor Flithendale-McMaster
Chancellor of McMasterdonia

Jessica Whitwell
Minister of Security

Sophia Strauzenburg
Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade

Madge Wilcox
Minister of Information

Derek Summers
Minister of Defence

Salman Mahmoud
Minister for Aviation and Transport

Helena Carman
Minister for Health

Simone Walker
Minister for Education

If you wish to inform the government immediately of your acceptance of this transition, or not, then please do so through the appropriate means here. The Queen Mother is not too far away from the DU headquarters and will be with us shortly to address the organisation.

OOC: Bump? Obviously the Bootsie War has everyone busy, but I was hoping for some sort of a response to the recognition request before I put up the QM's address.

The Plembobrian government cares deeply for the lives of those in the west. If we had not, would our mission have been carried out?

Accept the apology of the Honorable Delegate from McMasterdonia, and upon the statement presented here, I formally withdraw this motion, as its necessity has been obsoleted.

I commend the government of McMasterdonia for their courage in supporting the Queen Mother.

I believe the Delegate from Plembobria has misunderstood. Queen-Regent Amira and King Richard II are the legitimate government of McMasterdonia, obviously with the support of the ministers, but I do not believe that we have received any statement of resignation from King-Regent Albert himself at this time, in fact he has been suspiciously silent. Though The Lancerian Empire will stand behind Amira in her quest for the throne, the victor is yet to be seen. A recognition from such a widely recognized entity such as the DU would, I'm sure, play no small part in the resolution, especially in the long-term, of this conflict.

I must agree with the honorable delegate form TLE. If it please the speaker I put this motion to the Council again.

I also move for a vote.

Back