Defense of Plembobria

Xentherida

TNPer
-
-
So, seeing as McMasterdonia has declared war on Plem, I was considering launching a naval campaign to patrol the straits around Plembobria, to defend against McMasterdonian ships. Would any be willing to assist, and would the Closure of Waterways committee also assist in this matter?

dO5dJNR.png

No land invasion, btw. Unless anyone wants that. XD

Syrixia, you will need ports from which blockade forces will operate. Completely smothering the Mcmasterdonian coast means, anyhow, you will need to cover a very large perimeter... I would blockade only the enemy ports with fleets.

I'll admit I'm a bit out of date; I'll read up and look at what's going on. Note that a blockade counts as an act of war and Syrixia's plan appears to intend for a costly naval war, an amphibious operation which will be no less costly, and an international-supported forced regime change in Mcmasterdonia... very costly things.

Vazos, is of course, indifferent at this time. The fact that a Vazosi spy is now a member of the Plembobrian Cabinet may become relevant later on, though.

Kalti and Tir na Andalucia shall be staying neutral in this matter. Callaici on the other hand will offer their support due to being island neighbors.

Kannex:
Syrixia, you will need ports from which blockade forces will operate. Completely smothering the Mcmasterdonian coast means, anyhow, you will need to cover a very large perimeter... I would blockade only the enemy ports with fleets.

I'll admit I'm a bit out of date; I'll read up and look at what's going on. Note that a blockade counts as an act of war and Syrixia's plan appears to intend for a costly naval war, an amphibious operation which will be no less costly, and an international-supported forced regime change in Mcmasterdonia... very costly things.
That was the old plan. We decided to consult NPTOPF after that.

I think I should elaborate on the military capabilities of the Patriarchate of Cape El. Hopefully TGR will come by at some point to go over his rebel sect, which I remind everyone is allied to the Patriarchate.

I've seen a lot of comparisons equating the Patriarchate to the so-called Islamic State; this is accurate in some ways and simplistic in others.

Like IS, Cape El enjoys the support of poor, religious young men who are willing to fight and die as martyrs for their faith. In addition, the Women's Brigades serve as nurses, medics, and in logistics. Unlike IS, the use of women in its military - though not in combat - increases its numbers. In some ways it is more organized than IS. Gunrei is interested in making this a functional state in more than name - to their best of their ability Cape El tries to keep power flowing as best they can, keep utilities functional, and so on.

Cape El makes money through high tithes, looting and the selling of stolen art, and taxes on non-believers. Pirates and fishing boats outfitted for combat patrol the straits; the Patriarchate controls territory on all three islands and intends to hold them.

Its land forces consist primarily of stolen military vehicles, technicals, and regular and irregular forces. It has likely acquired a few jets from military bases though not enough to establish air superiority. It has a high presence in social media and propaganda designed to attract Flemingovianists to its cause both in McMasterdonia and from abroad.

Regular forces entering Patriarchate-controlled land may find themselves in a quagmire. We know through McMasterdonia's previous use of chemical weapons that they have a stash of them - a stash the Patriarchate may very well have gotten hold of. In addition, irregular units such as guerillas and suicide bombers as well as improvised explosive devices make roads and cities difficult to police effectively.

The Patriarchate will not call it quits because it was defeated in open battle - it will continue to harass occupying forces with guerilla and suicide attacks until the easily-distracted and decadent secular populations at home grow tired of the war overseas. Videos of martyrdom are a propaganda tool for the Patriarchate, not a hindrance. It is not a rag-tag group of bandits harassing a government; Gunrei has brought the Royal Family nearly to its knees.

I think this is the best place to post this.

Sorry for the recklessness today. I've noticed that this seems to happen whenever a lot of stuff happens at once. I think I get excited and panicky when stuff like this happens, and I become rash.

I'm slowing down a bit; a good hot shower fixed everything. I'll be maintaining my abstention in the Plembobria V McM thing until we see evidence and/or a definitive conclusion is reached. As for the NPTO, we won't be moving the headquarters unless the Monarchy of Guslantis (the government in exile) requests it.

Speaking of that, the Guslant government-in-exile is absolutely welcome in the Empire.

All good. It's exciting when a lot of things happen. I like the discussion - but want to know I'm going to be informed before things just start happening xD

Norvalkin's just come on-scene with relief for the non-combatant McMasterdonians. While my ships are armed, those weapons will remain pretty little ornaments until/unless someone decides to start something. Otherwise we'll roll in, inhale the non-coms, and roll out so the boys can play with their toys.

I'm tired as hell, I've got a dozen school-related things to think about, and this RP -- although getting interesting -- is not for me, so I'll reiterate I shan't be participating.

But Mcmasterdonia's actions completely disgust Kannex. Kannex will be selling massive quantities of weaponry to Plembobria.

Kannex:
I'm tired as hell, I've got a dozen school-related things to think about, and this RP -- although getting interesting -- is not for me, so I'll reiterate I shan't be participating.

But Mcmasterdonia's actions completely disgust Kannex. Kannex will be selling massive quantities of weaponry to Plembobria.
:hug:

I can't in good faith not defend Plem in this situation. It would do no good to have the Chair of the NPTO going against the Chair of the Peace Council.

Syrixia maintains its neutrality. However, if this conflict grows to the point where it's big enough that it becomes global, then Syrixia will consider picking a side.

Let us hope it does not come to that. Again, for the sake of avoiding the deaths of so many people, please; we beg the beligerents to try to end this conflict.

Syrixia:
Syrixia maintains its neutrality. However, if this conflict grows to the point where it's big enough that it becomes global, then Syrixia will consider picking a side.

Let us hope it does not come to that. Again, for the sake of avoiding the deaths of so many people, please; we beg the beligerents to try to end this conflict.
You are welcome to come join Kalti, Tir na Andalucia and the rest of the neutral countries in sitting around the campfire singing kumbaya... :P

Kalti:
Syrixia:

You are welcome to come join Kalti, Tir na Andalucia and the rest of the neutral countries in sitting around the campfire singing kumbaya... :P
Kumbaya, my loooooord...kumbaya, my loooooord...

Imperium would commit materially to defending the Plembobrian government as they elevate a legitimate successor to the dynasty of King Tozian. Imperium would not cooperate with the NPTO or DU in defending Plembobria.

Dependent on OOC planning, of course.

I will be posting a substantial IC discussion of the Whentian military, which may be followed by OOC clarification, in the short-term.

Yeraennus follows in Kalti's decision. The Yeraenn are a people tired of war and the nation is not in a situation currently conducive to such a state.

The Grim Reaper:
Imperium would commit materially to defending the Plembobrian government as they elevate a legitimate successor to the dynasty of King Tozian. Imperium would not cooperate with the NPTO or DU in defending Plembobria.

Dependent on OOC planning, of course.

I will be posting a substantial IC discussion of the Whentian military, which may be followed by OOC clarification, in the short-term.
You know who the legitimate successor is right.

Hold off on this guys. This should not move forward before both Plembobria and I sign off on it. Don't want it derailing any of our plans.

On one hand you have a literal Richard III who murders his kin and seeks to assassinate the legitimate head of state of another sovereign country... and on the other side you have a kingdom who's trying to defend itself from this onslaught. Neutrality makes no sense.

So - some of you would be aware of what has happened now.

The Queen Mother and Richard are both alive and are currently in the Lancerian Empire. They now have the backing of Tozian, and Queen-Empress Amelia to form a new regency/government.

At this point, while we wish to avoid declarations of war on the country itself (that is a foreign invasion), we are encouraging people to choose a side. On this matter, one would presume that some states would wish to support the new regency and the overthrow of Albert. Others may wish to support Albert - surely for something in return.

Others may simply withdraw recognition of Albert, and support the requests that he abdicate. Other alternatives include backing the Patriarchate to form a new government. This can include financial support, and the selling of arms. But this should be made by request in the international response thread.

Neutrality is a bit boring for this type of issue, but some nations may wish to take that path.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them.

Back