Request for Priorities

Issue #35 (the icons) is fairly easy to "resolve" (more of an "implement" issue actually). I can post the instructions of how I did in Euro's forum here, or give them to you on skype if you ping me, or even implement it myself on the test forum.

Fine, I'll edit the link to say ideas instead of issues :P

Implementing it on the test forum and then copying that over seems like the most sensible solution.

Eluvatar:
Implementing it on the test forum and then copying that over seems like the most sensible solution.

And it's done.

r3n:
let there be icons [icon]thumbs-o-up[/icon]

large ones [icon]heart[/icon]

small ones [icon]eraser[/icon]

colored ones [icon]facebook-official[/icon]

[bgcolor=yellow]background works too [icon]get-pocket[/icon][/bgcolor]

bold [icon]bold[/icon]

underlined [icon]file[/icon]

I would prioritize:

#2 (a lot, especially since aside from the actual page, it does not require technical skills to implement so could be shifted to, say the Speaker's Office.

And deprioritize:

Crushing Our Enemies:
I vote #2 and #27. I can offer non-technical assistance with #2.

SillyString:
I would prioritize:

#2 (a lot, especially since aside from the actual page, it does not require technical skills to implement so could be shifted to, say the Speaker's Office.

And deprioritize:

#2: I started on this, and swiftly ran into a problem I've been unable to surmount so far: the legislative votes from between July 7th and November 25th 2005 on Old Blue have been hidden from view, and I have been unable to find someone who has access to them. I may need to contact the Twoslit Experiment regarding this, in fact. I'm specifically unable to find the votes on the combined constitutional amendment and Legal Code change to create the position of Vice Delegate mentioned in TNP Law 5, or the adoption of TNP Laws 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11 as listed in the 2005-2007 TNP Legal Code, or the amendments prior to November 25th listed in the appendix to the 2005 Constitution. It would be far more difficult for me to work backwards than forwards in building such a legislative history, and it would not be complete if it did not begin in July 2005. If anybody could help me find the votes to adopt TNP laws 6-11, or to propose amendents to the Constitution by the Regional Assembly 27 September - 4 October 2005, 9 October-15 October 2005, or the Cabinet decisions to ratify those amendments, that would greatly help. The specific information I would like, which is always available in the voting topic, is the full text of the legislation and the date it came into force. If there are other ways to find this information besides the Voting Topics, I am all ears. The best location to continue this conversation is probably this topic in The North Pacific University.

#27: Is there general consensus around hiding the news box from non-index pages?

#29: Noted. As a first, relatively low effort approach, I did a look around the Support Forum and couldn't find anything helpful, but if anyone else wanted to look around as well I'd appreciate it.

#20: Reviewing this one, it looks like I made changes that should address it, but wished for feedback before actually closing it. Does more work need to be done regarding the zoom button?

Regarding #27, I would definitely prefer it if the News Box did not appear in non-index pages. [see below]

Regarding #9, mass-PM functionality was fixed by myself a long time ago. At some latter point, ZB did an upgrade that affected the mass-PM functionality the forum itself provides to admins. As a result of this upgrade, the mass-PM script started to mess up the PM page interface for admin accounts (if I recall correctly, the "title" field is mislabeled as "recipients" or something like that). The issue only affects admin accounts - the script functions correctly for all other accounts. Even for admins, it's not a critical issue - there is no loss of functionality, just some oddity in the UI.

I've been meaning to fix this for a while now. I'll bump it in my NS TODO list, so that I can take a look in the next few weeks. I can also help with #27, as that's an easy enough enhancement.

EDIT: Regarding #7, that's something mcm and I did some time last year, as the external server was slow/inaccessible and was making forum rendering problematic.

There were some leftover images that needed to be uploaded. From what I recall, they were mainly images referenced within the various CSS the forum uses (e.g., as background elements). I have a list of the image files, and I've been meaning to bother admin about it. I can post it here.
[see below]

r3naissanc3r:
EDIT: Regarding #7, that's something mcm and I did some time last year, as the external server was slow/inaccessible and was making forum rendering problematic.

There were some leftover images that needed to be uploaded. From what I recall, they were mainly images referenced within the various CSS the forum uses (e.g., as background elements). I have a list of the image files, and I've been meaning to bother admin about it. I can post it here.
This has been done for TNP Aqua, so you can mark this issue on github as resolved.

Eluvatar:
#27: Is there general consensus around hiding the news box from non-index pages?
I've implemented the part about hiding the newsbox from non-index pages.

It's not a perfectly efficient implementation, as it loads the collapse icon even if it's not needed. The problem is that "cat_head" is further processed by a skin-specific script called th2.js. If I move the creation of the newsbox contents inside the jQuery function, then they won't be processed by th2, and as a result the newsbox won't be rendered correctly.
I haven't fixed the issue with the simultaneous toggling of newsbox/statistics.

r3naissanc3r:
r3naissanc3r:
Eluvatar:
Eluvatar:

And it's done.
Updated to version 4.5. You can look here for icons new to this version: https://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/
Updated to version 4.6.3. Available icons are in the same link as above.
Updated to version 4.7. New icons shown here: http://fontawesome.io/icons/

[icon]handshake-o[/icon]

Back