Template for Zombie Apocalypse

Pauline Bonaparte

Her Worshipfulness
-
TNP Nation
Floresque
Discord
DivaythFyr
McMasterdonia suggested that we could introduce some fun RP elements to Z-Day this year by having people submit formal requests to the government written in-character on how we should handle the crisis. I have no real idea what might work, so I'll write up something quick below and take suggestions on it.

Pauline's Garden House
October 31, 2015​

To Whom it May Concern:

My morning milk bath was disrupted earlier today by the dead knocking on the doors and windows of my garden manor. Though my strapping young manservants valiantly fought them off, getting their shirts ripped to shreds in the process, the whole affair badly interrupted my peace and quiet. I want this nonsense to be put to a stop as soon as possible, and I know there is only one body unparalleled in its efficiency, speed, and sensibility in serving the people: the government of The North Pacific.

These undead are a real nuisance, and as I understand there are two ways of dealing with them: curing and killing. When in the midst of my milk bath, the noise and din upset me enough to wish that these vile creatures would just die, but as I dried off afterwards and applied lotion to my soft, perfect skin I realized that I cannot wish death upon these poor souls. We instead should cure them. In this way, we can simultaneously relieve them of their disease and relieve myself of disturbances to my morning bath.

Some say we should ignore the problem, or even embrace the undead menace. These people are either blind or absent of all self-preservation. To ignore the problem would allow it to multiply as the undead spread their condition, interrupting countless morning baths. The croissant baking industry of many nations in The North Pacific would grind to a halt - and I will not even begin to address the terrible effect on the sheer chemise industry. Who would look better in a sheer chemise - a vile undead creature or myself? I think the answer is obvious.

To encourage the undead virus to spread would be an even greater atrocity. Society would grind to a halt in the face of such a large pandemic, and we could not even assure anyone of the continued supply of milk for their baths. Instead, the option must be to cure these sick creatures so that we can easily restore society to the way it was before this outbreak with minimal casualties.

I hope the government understands my concerns. I know that in the end the government of The North Pacific will act with haste and efficiency, as it always does.

Her Worshipfulness the Vice Delegate
Pauline Bonaparte

That looks great. So do you intend for this to be the example for other nations to submit from? And will you submit this yourself?

We would likely need to give them an OOC indication of what the above is and what we expect from submissions.

Regarding preparations in general, last year we had a long discussion after the event, to evaluate how well we did and what should be improved. There was also a region-wide survey. I recall that there was very good feedback in the survey and discussion, which I thought, at the time, we should take note of in the following year's event.

The thread containing the survey results and discussion should be in the Culture Ministry's archives. I can't search for it right now, so I'll leave that up to someone else.

mcmasterdonia:
That looks great. So do you intend for this to be the example for other nations to submit from? And will you submit this yourself?

We would likely need to give them an OOC indication of what the above is and what we expect from submissions.
I do intend to submit this pending further comments. I agree about some OOC guidance on what to write.

Do you think we should have them include actual strategy (like, "ask other regions to help cure us" or "recruit nations from the region to cure" or "banject to TRR to give them zombies", etc)? Or just the basic approach, like cure, kill, etc?

To whomever just sent me a request for access, the survey should be public now. Sorry, I thought I had already opened it up.

Back