The West Pacific was invaded

Okay:

1. It's a joke. URA is resigning in favour of Elegarth. This is URA's way of "going rogue".

2. I've been informed that it should end by Major Update tonight.

3. DEN were informed after the fact, according to what I've been told. Were they actually involved, it would lead to a very nasty and messy standoff between the Feeders and Sinkers and DEN. We feederites don't tend to like being taken over.

I just realized, is TWP an ally of ours (and the other feeders')? Because if so, DEN could have just inflicted a big blow on the feeders.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Okay:

1. It's a joke. URA is resigning in favour of Elegarth. This is URA's way of "going rogue".

3. DEN were informed after the fact, according to what I've been told. Were they actually involved, it would lead to a very nasty and messy standoff between the Feeders and Sinkers and DEN. We feederites don't tend to like being taken over.
1. Ah, I see. Then why the embassies closing? Everyone is closing their embassies with TWP.

2. Ok.

3. I guess we'll see what happens in the future. Hopefully DEN wasn't involved.

URA is closing the embassies, from what I'm told.

Also, we're not allied to TWP as their system of government means they would be unlikely to support our off-site government in the event we were couped.

Okay, it appears that what may have been a joke, is now the real thing.

I've been busy all evening as a result of this.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Okay:

I gathered this had to be something prefabricated. I wonder though how much fight DEN will put up to keep the region.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Okay, it appears that what may have been a joke, is now the real thing.

I've been busy all evening as a result of this.
I knew it.

EDIT: See the DEN WFE. I quote: "Join the World Assembly move to The West Pacific and endorse The Knot a DEN Brigadier General of United RussoAsia".

EDIT 2: One of their Brigadier Generals is named Knot, and URA's pretitle is "The Knot a DEN Brigadier General of".

Yeah, this is the real deal. DEN has invaded TWP.

Well if the next few hours are what will determine what happens, we need to be mobilized and ready to move soon. Can't hurt to organize.

When I was a little noob in the TNP, I started a alternate history article on what would happen if a feeder was invaded (as I love what-ifs). I can't believe Russo would be so cold blooded to do this.

"Comrades, we're stepping up the ladder.

Join the World Assembly, move to The West Pacific, and endorse United RussoAsia immediately."

~RMB post made by The Brigading DEN Brigadier of Knot II

Syrixia:
Gradea:
Yuri Dolgorukiy:
How can I directly assist our Armies?
By signing up for the North Pacific Army here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7279690/1/
Now wait a moment. Since when were we MOBILIZING? I think the high-ups have that under control. If they want an invasion, they give the order. Then the NPA works its magic.
The NPA is not invading the West Pacific: this is a liberation to ensure the native government resumes control of the region.

Gradea:
Syrixia:
Gradea:
Yuri Dolgorukiy:
By signing up for the North Pacific Army here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7279690/1/
Now wait a moment. Since when were we MOBILIZING? I think the high-ups have that under control. If they want an invasion, they give the order. Then the NPA works its magic.
The NPA is not invading the West Pacific: this is a liberation to ensure the native government resumes control of the region.
Hm.

Syrixia:
Gradea:
Syrixia:
Gradea:
Yuri Dolgorukiy:
Hm.
What do you mean 'hm'? Any other questions or would you like to get off the soapbox now?

Have to agree with Grad. Deliberation only promotes entrenchment by the enemy and makes it further harder for our friends to regain control of the government. Working with the local indigent population is a fairly reasonable response for the Military to advocate. Hardly radical.

Gradea:
Syrixia:
Gradea:
Syrixia:
Gradea:
Yuri Dolgorukiy:
Hm.
What do you mean 'hm'? Any other questions or would you like to get off the soapbox now?
"hm" usually means "I have no further comments and don't know how to end the quote chain so... hm"

Syrixia:
Gradea:
Syrixia:
Gradea:
Syrixia:
Gradea:
Yuri Dolgorukiy:
Hm.
"hm" usually means "I have no further comments and don't know how to end the quote chain so... hm"
What if I liked the Quote chain? :lol:

Why on earth are we invading TWP? Their region has always held that offsite governments such as our own are illegitimate and wouldn't lift a finger to help us if the situations were reversed.

Mall:
Why on earth are we invading TWP? Their region has always held that offsite governments such as our own are illegitimate and wouldn't lift a finger to help us if the situations were reversed.
A compelling point indeed. There are many people in TWP that I love and respect, but this seems politically unsound.

We moved in at the request of the NPA command. TWPs deicision to support an in-game Delegate depends on who that is. Just as they are free to choose who to support, so are we. After discussion with Elegarth we decided to move in to assist in his restoration.

From what I understand the Delegate cracked the shits and handed his nation to someone else. Terrible behaviour and we should not support it.

i would not under any foreseeable circumstances support a DEN or foreign invasion of TWP. You are free to do that Mall, but take your DEN propaganda elsewhere.

We (the NPA) support the guardians and wish to see them restored.

Mall:
TWP has also always held that the populace of the region is free to openly rebel against the sitting delegate when they have cause to do so.

As they do here.

Gradea:
Syrixia:
Gradea:
Yuri Dolgorukiy:
And I support the operation,

Good luck! I am proud of you!

in my tropical fish tank I have a giant zebra snail.

It does not do much, but if there is any shit in the tank it comes along and vacuums it up. Where you find shit, you find the snail.

My wife does not understand why I have named it "Den"

flemingovia:
in my tropical fish tank I have a giant zebra snail.

It does not do much, but if there is any shit in the tank it comes along and vacuums it up. Where you find shit, you find the snail.

My wife does not understand why I have named it "Den"
Have you met my dog, Halebones?

Mall:
Fairly obvious where this sentiment is coming from, however quite honestly I think it's fair to say that the behavior displayed by URA is atrocious; if that's something we'd turn a blind eye to then we'd have no morals. I guess we'd have something in common with DEN then I guess, but I am not okay with that.

Cormac is now in control of the West Pacific nation, and has sent out the following to all TWP nations.

Nations of the West Pacific: Greetings and salutations!

My name is Cormac Stark and I am temporarily in control of this nation, the Delegate nation of your region, United RussoAsia. I'm glad to be able to lead your region, albeit briefly, during these troubled times.

I want to hit you with a few facts:
1. Mediobogdum and the nations that are asking you to endorse them and withdraw your endorsements from this nation are the same group that have, for years, deprived the West Pacific of stable, active, democratic government. These nations who are now demanding a restoration of "native" government have never once allowed natives of this region to vote for Delegate.
2. These opportunists have claimed for years that they recognize the Delegate of a region as its legitimate Delegate without regard for any kind of constitution or democratic vote. Now that they're out of power though, they're claiming that the sitting Delegate has perpetrated a coup against this region. That is not the case. The Delegate is only exercising the powers the game allows the Delegate to exercise.
3. These opportunists are the same ones who created the unstable, downright chaotic system that led to this situation in the first place. If they are restored to power, they will restore that system, and this will happen again. Next time it may be worse. Why not choose something else, something better? We offer long-term security and stability.
4. These opportunists who claim that they care about the West Pacific and that it is their home have spent endless hours spamming the Regional Message Board, depriving residents of any enjoyment, all to restore themselves to power. Do you really want to restore someone to power who has so little regard for the West Pacific that they'll throw a fit and make a mess of the place when they don't get their way?

Nations of the West Pacific, you can withdraw your endorsements from this nation as you're being repeatedly spammed to do if that's what you choose. But I would instead encourage nations to do the following, if you are in the World Assembly, and if you're not you should join the WA and:

1. Endorse United RussoAsia.
2. Withdraw your endorsements from Mediobogdum and the other opportunists and power hoarders asking for your endorsement.

If you restore the old guard to power, you will get the same tired system that deprived you of a voice in this region's government and that led to this regrettable situation. Choose a different course. Endorse change. Endorse United RussoAsia.

Peace out, girl scouts,

Cormac Stark

Back