Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
Hey everyone! I've been wanting to do a radio show because I think it's cool, and I absolutely adore talking! So, without further ado, I will be creating the Bootsie Radio! I'll just talk about different RL, NS, and TNP topics in my wonderful Southern way!

So, since it is new, I thought I'd start one off with a Q&A session live with me! Please PM me questions or wait until I'm live tomorrow at around 2:45 PM EDT and ask me on IRC or the Mixlr site.

Hope to see you guys there!

(And for those of you who heard my awful microphone, I got that fixed! All smooth sailing.)

quak1234:
I just listened to the first minute of it and I'm already in love with you. :3
Well thanks! It was supposed to be a Q&A, but it was more me rambling. I'd like to have someone else on the next one to cover my downtime.

Is it normal that, whenever he said the name of a nation or character, I cringed? :lol:

Syrixia:
Is it normal that, whenever he said the name of a nation or character, I cringed? :lol:
A good cringe or a bad cringe?

And this just in, the second broadcast of Bootsie Radio will feature no other than our very own Delegate, SillyString! I can't wait for her to join me on the Bootsie Radio stage!

Bootsie:
Syrixia:
A good cringe or a bad cringe?

And this just in, the second broadcast of Bootsie Radio will feature no other than our very own Delegate, SillyString! I can't wait for her to join me on the Bootsie Radio stage!
Yay :D

Syrixia:

That is normal. Basically ever NS radio I've ever listened to is like that. :P

Not Bootsie's fault at all - but everyone pronounces names differently. Our accents get in the way of course.

I don't say McMasterdonia the same as Bootsie does, that's for sure :P

I always said McMasterdonia pronounced like "EMCEE-Master-Dough-Knee-Uh."

Also, Syrixia is pronounced "Psy-Rick-See-Uh"

Hey Bootsie, LOVED the broadcast!!! You should keep rambling...seriously!! :P :D

Btw! I lovee Amy Adams tooo! :D
I keep re-watching Leap Year from time to time! <3

Okay, so since you guys said I had a magnificent voice, and I am a singer, I decided to get in the studio and record a cover of one of these three songs for the next edition of Bootsie Radio. So, the options are:

One Last Time - Ariana Grande
Rather Be - Clean Bandit
My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion

I personally think My Heart Will Go On shows my musical talent the best, but I know it is kind of a boring song by this point.

I enjoyed the heck out of that, more than I almost care to admit. :D

I pronounce McMasterdonia the same way!

Very excited for the next broadcast! I'll send you some questions.

Hello everyone! Bootsie here, just a quick notice, another edition of Bootsie Radio is airing live tomorrow at 11 AM EDT. The edition will be a second Q&A, plus a chat with our very own Delegate, SillyString. All questions for us should be PM'd to me on the forum, or queried to me on the IRC chat.

Bootsie Radio will not air at 11AM due to scheduling. The new airtime will be 2:30PM EDT.

Bootsie Radio 2 has been published. Be aware that it is two hours, so you might want to allocate the time to listen to both.

As stated before, Democratic Donkeys will be the guest speaker of Bootsie Radio 3.

Wolfsea:
Bootsie, don't be offended but do you mind if I ask what recording program you used and offer some advice?

(in case people wonder what advice I can give, I spent 18 months presenting both live and pre-recorded radio broadcasts before having to retire due to personal reasons: http://www.salfordcityradio.org/shows.php?id=207)
Oh yeah, totally! I'm going to be honest. My only previous experience is with acting and voice acting, where I know my lines beforehand. I use Mixlr, as it is cheap (free) and for interviews, ring Skype through my speakers. For prerecorded material, I use Audacity, as I had a bunch of experience when I was a volunteer reader for LibriVox.

Bootsie:
Wolfsea:
Bootsie, don't be offended but do you mind if I ask what recording program you used and offer some advice?

(in case people wonder what advice I can give, I spent 18 months presenting both live and pre-recorded radio broadcasts before having to retire due to personal reasons: http://www.salfordcityradio.org/shows.php?id=207)
Oh yeah, totally! I'm going to be honest. My only previous experience is with acting and voice acting, where I know my lines beforehand. I use Mixlr, as it is cheap (free) and for interviews, ring Skype through my speakers. For prerecorded material, I use Audacity, as I had a bunch of experience when I was a volunteer reader for LibriVox.
Well first off I'd check microphone levels, during your show with Sillystring the keyboard taps were quite loud and her mic was much higher than yours so I'd try to balance them with Skype's settings. Use audacity to do a few sound tests to get it right.

Second try and add some background music, nothing too loud or distracting, just enough to add atmosphere and to cover any dead air (also practice segues, that way if you do get stuck you can go off on a related tangent for a second or two before snapping back anything goes for this really) there's a lot of great royalty-free music out there (Ren and Stimpy made use of some great stuff) just make sure you credit the original artist if it's stuff that's not Public Domain.

Lastly I'm not sure if it's the microphone but you need to enunciate properly, even if it's something said casually. This is one of those "well, duh..." things but you'd be surprised at how easy it is to slip into a regular way of speaking from a broadcast way.

Other than that was damn good.

Also voice acting is excellent experience for radio, I started as an Impressionist/Stand-Up comedian and a Karaoke DJ so I was used to performing and "casual" chatting on stage, it's just a case of applying the same techniques to a conversation.

Bootsie Radio 3 - Spontaneous Show is live now. If you'd like to hop on, just add me on Skype and we can work that out.

Hey Bootsie Radio fans, it is great to see you all! Well, not see you, but whatever. Anyway, I haven't actually been live in a while, and while most are spending a bunch of time at the NationStates World Fair, it's time for me to go live again.

However, in the spirit of interregional cooperation, I have spoken to the team from Europeia, and yours truly will be a special guest tomorrow evening on EBC Radio, their regional radio (EST, Time TBA). Same rules apply, I do not represent the views of TNP, and I will ramble.

I'll keep you guys up-to-date, but if I forget, check out the Europeia page on the NSWF forum, they've got some great speakers lined up, I mean, come on now, I'm on there. :)

And I know it's hard to manage many forums, but we can't forget our favorite region (hopefully) so let's show our (crazy) TNP spirit!!!

(Sorry if I'm advertising for another region, just want to keep everyone informed.)

I'll be on EBC Radio tonight at six if you guys have some questions or would like to listen!

Now is the time to bring Bootsie Radio 4! And with the US Presidential Race in full swing, I thought I'd do a commentary on the candidates and some of the things they've said thus far. If there's something you'd like me to comment on, please point me to it, and if you'd like to comment on something, just include it in your post. Due to the preparation, most will probably be prerecorded Bootsie, but I will be live to engage in some fun debate during the show.

Comment on how Hillary is Obama 2 and has the idiot vote just because she's female and we haven't had a female president the current poll numbers over in Iowa or something! :D

Back