Planning: Activity Obstacle

Tomb

TNPer
Hello members of the Home Affairs Executive Staff!

We need to go ahead and get started off with business so we can present something meaningful to the Delegate in our biweekly report, two weeks from now. However, before we do that, we need to go ahead and tackle the inactivity problem we are faced with. As some of you are aware, we are facing an activity slump. This could be seen by our most recent recruitment effort, which has not gone as well as we intended for it to.

So with that in mind, I have thought of a few ideas to increase activity and get things rolling:

• Advertising on our forum and RMB that active members are needed. We can also reach out to individuals on our forum that are active but are not currently tied to any other government position. There are a lot of these members in the role-play area that could give us a hand if we approach them nicely.
  • Improving our mentoring requirements and further enforcing rules. When a member joins a Ministry, they usually expect an order or some sort of method to doing things. While we have improved greatly in terms of our mentoring system, I would like to see it improve further by having mentors report to the Ministry with the conditions of their mentees every time they contact them. This is almost like the Diplomatic Corps, where members have to report events in their respective regions. I feel that this is the only in which we can make sure that the mentors are active and helping their mentees.
  • I would like for us to also improve our recruitment efforts by recruiting for a purpose. For example, we can recruit WA members for our WA Ministry, so that the WA Ministry would have greater activity, especially in terms of writing WA resolutions, debating them, etc. Or we can help the Ministry of Defense recruit soldiers for the NPA. I don’t mind recruiting just to bring members to our forum, but I would like to see us do more recruitment over a certain area so that we can directly help that area/ministry improve.

These are my thoughts on this for now, guys. Please post your own ideas and comments. The more suggestions, tips, and ways to improve our Ministry’s activity and productivity we have, the more solid our plan will be for this term, and the quicker we can get to work.

Thanks,

~ Tomb

1) I support the idea of advertising on the RMB :)

2) I support this and tried to do this during my tenure as Minister but I'm afraid it would be difficult to enforce. The Cross-Recruitment Thread was created for the very purpose of communication between Mentors regarding their mentees. Regularly reports, questions the cant answer, I also wanted to include in depth analyse of PM's to help mentors better understand how to keep the conversation going and prevent menttes from drifting off.

But as I said that would be difficult to enforce given, well its September, some people are back to work/school and generally wont have the time to partake in activities.

3) The Cross Recruitment thread was to be like the main Recruitment thread, like the Mentoring thread is for Mentoring. People have said its just that they dont understand what to do is what stifled activity. So I was writing a FAQ for Recruitment but never got a chance to finish sooner.

Alright, thanks for your feedback, Andrew.

In regards to the mentoring, I know that you have tried this previously, but I want us to have another go at it. If we are able to fill up our staff with members who are not as busy in the fall as others are, we should be able to have a well balanced executive staff. It is going to take a lot of work and effort on our part, and at first, we are going to see the most active members doing the most work, but later on as we get more and more members with better availability, we should be able to see an improvement.

I would be very thankful, Andrew, if you were to finish this FAQ, if you have the time of course. It'd be great to have some sort of introduction for our new recruiters to let them know why we recruit members and how it is done. I am seriously considering establishing text templates for each recruitment drive that members can use if they want to. Up until now, recruitment had been usually done through personalized telegrams, but I believe if we supply the texts, it would make it easier for recruiters, for all they have to do is deliver it.

What do you think, Andrew? What do you guys, think?

Sorry, I didn't get to check out this thread yesterday...

I really like those ideas! Though I am kind of busy with school, I do still have enough time to work here for a while every evening and still do just fine. I also love the idea of having a recruitment template too; I've been wanting to get involved but I couldn't think up a good recruitment TG, but I'd be perfectly willing to distribute a message that was already written, if you guys would write one!

RMB Advertising needs some form of regulations, I'd hate to see constant, annoying messages telling people to go to the forum. It'd give it a bad name D:

Corporal Clegg:
Sorry, I didn't get to check out this thread yesterday...

I really like those ideas! Though I am kind of busy with school, I do still have enough time to work here for a while every evening and still do just fine. I also love the idea of having a recruitment template too; I've been wanting to get involved but I couldn't think up a good recruitment TG, but I'd be perfectly willing to distribute a message that was already written, if you guys would write one!
I'm glad you like the idea, Clegg.

Cronaal:
RMB Advertising needs some form of regulations, I'd hate to see constant, annoying messages telling people to go to the forum. It'd give it a bad name D:
Well, it is not going to be daily advertising or anything of the sort, although I do agree that it does need regulation. I was thinking of something like putting a post on the RMB every two weeks or so. That way, we are not spamming the RMB or anything, but at the same time, we're soliciting for executive staff members.

~ Tomb

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
Alright, thanks for your feedback, Andrew.

In regards to the mentoring, I know that you have tried this previously, but I want us to have another go at it. If we are able to fill up our staff with members who are not as busy in the fall as others are, we should be able to have a well balanced executive staff. It is going to take a lot of work and effort on our part, and at first, we are going to see the most active members doing the most work, but later on as we get more and more members with better availability, we should be able to see an improvement.

I would be very thankful, Andrew, if you were to finish this FAQ, if you have the time of course. It'd be great to have some sort of introduction for our new recruiters to let them know why we recruit members and how it is done. I am seriously considering establishing text templates for each recruitment drive that members can use if they want to. Up until now, recruitment had been usually done through personalized telegrams, but I believe if we supply the texts, it would make it easier for recruiters, for all they have to do is deliver it.

What do you think, Andrew? What do you guys, think?

I hate to do this but... bump.

Im so sorry Tomb, I forgot to check in on this thread. I think both ideas are good and should get us back to speed; hard work 'anall but good. :) But what about the Press Releases?

I'm sorry I've neglected this guys, and my other duties as Minister of Home Affairs. The last couple of days have been hard for me in RL, and things should clear up by this friday hopefully.

Thanks,

~ Tomb

Cronaal:
Well, it is not going to be daily advertising or anything of the sort, although I do agree that it does need regulation. I was thinking of something like putting a post on the RMB every two weeks or so. That way, we are not spamming the RMB or anything, but at the same time, we're soliciting for executive staff members.

~ Tomb
Perhaps posting updates on the happening on the forums such as RP's, Politics, Gameplay as a way of attracting nations?

Cronaal:
Like TSP's TSP Weekly that sum's up recent RP and NS events?
Yeah, something like that so we have more too say and we give them more reason to join. Including information that appeals to various peoples interested in WA, RP, Gameplay, Military and Politics.

Andrew:
Cronaal:
Like TSP's TSP Weekly that sum's up recent RP and NS events?
Yeah, something like that so we have more too say and we give them more reason to join. Including information that appeals to various peoples interested in WA, RP, Gameplay, Military and Politics.
Sounds interesting! ^-^

I'm back guys! Thank you all for your patience with me. It is greatly appreciated!

I got sidetracked with RL for a bit, but all is good now. I really like the idea that Andrew brought up in regards to posting the updates. However, we might have to consult with culture about it first. That area is shady, and I think that Lenny might have more of a jurisdiction over it than we do, but I will check with him nevertheless.

~ Tomb

Back