DISCUSSION: Shei Ren Tensions

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
The Community of Shei Ren was an anarchosyndicalist commune made up of a people with mixed Syrixian-native DNA, and descended from Syrixian convicts who were put on the island and mingled with the natives. Since the island is just outside of Syrixian waters, the island became a lawless strip of land and an anarchosyndicalist system was put in place by the islanders.

During the Great War, the Watching Nebula captured Shei Ren, and the island became the forefront of the Shei Ren Missile Crisis, as well as numerous naval battles. The Shei Ren conference, a postwar meeting meant to decide the island's fate, is still going on and no agreement has been reached. Now, Nebula is threatening war over Shei Ren, however the native islanders' representatives in the conference have said that the islanders want to create their own state, independent of Nebula.

How do we interpret this? What should we do?

Cronaal supports Shei Ren's independence. the smaller the empire, the better. NPTOPF is definitely required however, Nebula's expansionism must be halted.

As soon as Nebula begins its assault on Syrixia, I would start applying for NPTOPF forces, as we believe this war is inevitable. Guslantis is working on the specifics of preventing a naval attack on Shei Ren. Meanwhile, if Eumenorian PFs can make it to Shei Ren, a region wide war can be thwarted.

Delta Team is awaiting approval to go to Shei Ren if needed. We've contacted the islanders and they're fine with NPTOPF forces on the island.

May I remind the Guslant delegate that the NPTOPF does not deploy without PC approval.

Has Syrixia renounced its claim to Shei Ren?

I'm quite aware. However, the quicker the application is accepted or denied, the quicker we can get the Council involved.

plembobria:
May I remind the Guslant delegate that the NPTOPF does not deploy without PC approval.

Has Syrixia renounced its claim to Shei Ren?
Syrixia not claiming Shei Ren in the firstplace practically shaped the island's political history. The Sheireni islanders, however, claim the island as an independent, democratic state, a claim Syrixia backs 100%.

As the Callaicians are currently preoccupied with discussing options to prevent the Nebulans from ever reaching Syrixian territorial waters, the Kaltians and Andalucians have opened discussions to form a peacekeeping force to deter any potential aggression from the Nebulans.

The Wolvesh fleet will be mobilised to intercept both Syrixian and Nebulan vessels should they attempt to move through our area of influence. However we have made it clear to our fellow alliance members we favour Shireini independence with Faibuazu membership and development aid from our respective nations. If the Syrician government wishes to assist in this endeavour I am certain the alliance will agree.

I recommend that the people of Shei Ren decide whether or not join an alliance. Members of Helmabaine and Faibazu keep telling small nations that they need to join their respective fiefdoms for aid or security. This is a pernicious lie.

An independent Shiereni government has the only right to make the choice on this matter.

plembobria:
I recommend that the people of Shei Ren decide whether or not join an alliance. Members of Helmabaine and Faibazu keep telling small nations that they need to join their respective fiefdoms for aid or security. This is a pernicious lie.

An independent Shiereni government has the only right to make the choice on this matter.
I absolutely agree; and as representative from the country which is currently home to the Helmebaine Secretary General, that means something. See, our Alliance is just that...an alliance. Even if invited or not, all nations have the right to join or not join and it is their choice only.

But back on topic. Shei Ren must achieve independence if it is to progress and be able to stand up for itself, or really just stand up, period. Lha Shan, its largest settlement, is a town about half the size of the small Syrixian city of Ha'ku. This shows how dire Shei Ren's situation is.

plembobria:

Make no mistake, alliance membership is not a requirement, if, after our aid is no longer needed, the new state wishes to leave then they may do so, alliance membership is offered, as far as we are concerned, as an acknowledgment of legitamacy, in particular as a reminder to alliance members who might wish to dispute the independence, likewise we make Plembobria a similar offer to help development within an independent Shei Ren. In fact it is our hope that the two alliances will agree to a cooperative effort in such an endeavour.

I would also like to point out that, barring the original foundation of Faibuazu, Wolfsea has not offered or sponsored membership to any nation, as far as we are concerned if nations wish to join then they will do so of their own volition. We have made an exemption this time as an attempt to aid the legitimacy of any independent Shi Ren government. Not only that but we were prepared to intervene between both sides during the Great War and indeed coordinate a defense of Syrixia and Guslantis the moment Cronaal declared war.

Put simply alliance membership, temporary or otherwise, is a way to absolutely guarantee any challenge to Shi Ren's independence is rendered null and void before it can become an issue that will force another conflict, as previously stated Shi Ren would be under no obligation to remain a member and would doubtless benefit from the continuing good relations. We cannot, and will not, force them to join or remain nor will we deny our aid but these seems to be the most efficient way to get the Nebulan government to relinquish their claim, they are unlikely to accept a deal that will see them at a loss, a compromise such as this is more likely to appeal to them.

Joining an alliance is probably the worst thing to suggest to a nation like Shei Ren, especially one devoted to military action. The nation of Nebula is trying to expand its empire, and we know quite well that forcing it to be in an alliance with Shei Ren will not stop Nebula from invading. I say that we must defend Shei Ren and prevent Nebula from reaching our sovereign borders. If that requires us to personally check all Nebulan ships, than so be it.

Very well, however I wish it to be made a fact of record that we attempted to formulate a plan to prevent a war. Naturally we will fulfill our obligations as peacekeepers.

Back