Kialga for Vice Delegate

Kialga

TNPer
TNP Nation
Kialga-Lourti
Discord
Elegante#5102
Greetings everyone, my name is Kialga, and today I have the hopes of presenting myself adequately for the position of Vice Delegate. The position of the Vice Delegate, a position that holds the second largest endorsement count in the North Pacific, and potentially the game, has a lot of weight riding on it. I have no doubt that my character will be questioned, but I am here to say that I am up for the challenge.

Who are you?
Well, silly, that's an easy question to answer. I am James Kialga-Ravenclaw, or simply Kialga should suffice. I am a 3-year player of NationStates, and a 1-year resident of The North Pacific. Early in my TNP career, I served as a Justice of the Court, serving a full two terms before deciding not to return to the Court. Outside of TNP, I am the Founder of a UCR, the International Western Union and I am a member of the legislative body of the Kingdom of Alexandria.

Do you even understand what it means to be Vice Delegate?
In all honesty, I know what I can see. The Vice Delegate is responsible for checking applicant citizens and approving/denying their applications based on security measures. The Vice Delegate is also responsible for chairing the Security Council, including working with the SC in order to insure the delegate maintains security over the region.

Do you do anything around here?
I currently serve as a Senior Diplomat under Lord Ravenclaw in Foreign Affairs, as well as just having joined the Communications Executive Staff.

Didn't you withdraw your vote from going forward to join the Security Council?
Well, yes I did. At the time the vote was going to be put forward, my time IRL was about to be cut a significant deal, leaving me with very little time to tart and maintain an acceptable endocount. However, things since then have calmed down on the home front, and, barring unknown circumstances, I have enough time in my day to dedicate to maintaining satisfactory endorsement counts.

I thank everyone for sticking through to this point, and am willing to answer any question you might have to pose for me.

How do you feel about SillyString's proposed amendments to Security Council policy? As Vice Delegate, you would be responsible for the security of our region, what should councillors aim to do in order to improve our security?

Hello Kialga. I am so glad to see you running! Kia, you have my full support in your bid for the Vice-Delegacy. During your time as Justice, you showed good skills, especially at a time when the court was necessarily unified. In addition to that, your presence in TNP is widely felt, not only on our forum, but also on our IRC. I believe if elected, you will not only bring ambition and skill to the office, but you will also learn a lot from the Delegate (especially if it is Asta.) Therefore, I support your bid wholeheartedly for the position of Vice Delegate. Best of luck to you! :)

I do have to ask several questions, though, really quick.

What inspired you to run for Vice-Delegate in TNP?

Who should get admitted to the S.C. in your opinion? Anyone who meets the requirements? Or someone that has met the requirements as well as have shown experience and dedication? Both? Who do you personally lean towards?

Lastly, but certainly not least, What would you do if you were the one survivor in a plane crash? :P

Best of luck again,

~ Tomb

I personally support Myroria, but I still believe you have a sound campaign here, and I wish you the best of luck. :)

I suppose I should state for the record, that you have my full and unequivocal support. I'm incredibly happy that you've put your hat into the ring and I hope that you do well. You've got a lot of strong potential to be a fantastic asset to the community, and serving as Vice-Delegate is simply another step on an already strong career in serving the community via the Courts.

Like the Courts, the Vice-Delegate needs to be able to uphold the law, and as we've seen recently, there is an increased chance that you'll be required to hold the delegacy in trust in the event the delegate ever steps down. I am confident in your ability to work hard, and your trustworthiness. You haven't come in saying you have all the answers and you have an openness and willingness to learn. Until real life became too busy with exams and work a few months ago, you had served TNP faithfully and loyally until time became too difficult for you to continue doing so. I commend you for that.

If I were ever in need as a delegate of a strong vice delegate, or someone to be involved with my security council, I would be more than delighted to have you by my side. Had Osiris had a few more people like you a few years ago, the region would have faired better than it actually did during its various wars (says the first elected Pharaoh after the civil war ended and the former long time Osiran SC member).

I am glad to see you running. :)

If you win the election, will you be willing to take on the biweekly task of publishing new WADP awards?

What is your opinion of the WADP? Is there anything you would like to change about it?

Raven:
How do you feel about SillyString's proposed amendments to Security Council policy? As Vice Delegate, you would be responsible for the security of our region, what should councillors aim to do in order to improve our security?

I quite enjoy some of the proposed changes that are listed, especially the addition an alert system. As a pair, the Vice Delegate alongside our Security Councillors, should endeavor to not only monitor nations that aren't members of the Council and ensure no one is sneaking up on the Delegate, but also ensure the region knows of potential threats and how they can help prevent said threats from seriously affected the region.

Tomb:
Hello Kialga. I am so glad to see you running! Kia, you have my full support in your bid for the Vice-Delegacy. During your time as Justice, you showed good skills, especially at a time when the court was necessarily unified. In addition to that, your presence in TNP is widely felt, not only on our forum, but also on our IRC. I believe if elected, you will not only bring ambition and skill to the office, but you will also learn a lot from the Delegate (especially if it is Asta.) Therefore, I support your bid wholeheartedly for the position of Vice Delegate. Best of luck to you! :)

I do have to ask several questions, though, really quick.

What inspired you to run for Vice-Delegate in TNP?

Who should get admitted to the S.C. in your opinion? Anyone who meets the requirements? Or someone that has met the requirements as well as have shown experience and dedication? Both? Who do you personally lean towards?

Lastly, but certainly not least, What would you do if you were the one survivor in a plane crash? :P

Best of luck again,

~ Tomb

Thank you Tomb, first off, your support means a lot to me personally. Now to run down through your questions.

My inspiration to run for Vice Delegate comes from a couple of people. The primary one being someone I grew to love here on NationStates (even outside of TNP), Abacathea. In my UCR, he and I served alongside each other as a Founder/Delegate duo, and he (unknowingly) brought me to TNP in the first place, and he seriously inspired me (again, unknowingly) to pursue more in the WA. In addition to Abacathea, Raven is another inspiration, more through words than actions. Raven has slightly turned into a support system for me, and is simply there to provide advice to me when or if I have an issue.

Who should get admitted to the SC? Someone who has meet the requirements set in place for admittance, as well someone who has proven themselves to actually be willing to put forward the time and effort that would be required by the Council, such as serving the region in a government or ministerial position. Both I see as being decent requirements for a potential member.

Wilson!

Syrixia:
I personally support Myroria, but I still believe you have a sound campaign here, and I wish you the best of luck. :)

Thanks for the luck, Syrixia.

Raven:
I suppose I should state for the record, that you have my full and unequivocal support. I'm incredibly happy that you've put your hat into the ring and I hope that you do well. You've got a lot of strong potential to be a fantastic asset to the community, and serving as Vice-Delegate is simply another step on an already strong career in serving the community via the Courts.

Like the Courts, the Vice-Delegate needs to be able to uphold the law, and as we've seen recently, there is an increased chance that you'll be required to hold the delegacy in trust in the event the delegate ever steps down. I am confident in your ability to work hard, and your trustworthiness. You haven't come in saying you have all the answers and you have an openness and willingness to learn. Until real life became too busy with exams and work a few months ago, you had served TNP faithfully and loyally until time became too difficult for you to continue doing so. I commend you for that.

If I were ever in need as a delegate of a strong vice delegate, or someone to be involved with my security council, I would be more than delighted to have you by my side. Had Osiris had a few more people like you a few years ago, the region would have faired better than it actually did during its various wars (says the first elected Pharaoh after the civil war ended and the former long time Osiran SC member).

This... this actually means the world to me Raven. I read this first a few hours ago and felt myself tear up a little. Truly the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me, and I mean that in a complete seriousness. I'm not sure if there is much else to say but I appreciate the kind words and support and truly hope that I don't let you down, if I receive the chance to serve.

SillyString:
I am glad to see you running. :)

If you win the election, will you be willing to take on the biweekly task of publishing new WADP awards?

What is your opinion of the WADP? Is there anything you would like to change about it?

I would be willing. The WADP is a grand incentive to spur WA activity within the region. As for changes, as it stand I see nothing that might need to be changed, nor anything that I'd want to change. The awards, coming twice a month, give an incentive for some of the smaller nations, the quieter ones, to feel a bit more at home and welcome within the region, knowing that if they help secure the region, there will be a spot on the awards list. Albeit a small accomplishment, in the grander scheme of things they are serving their region in the easiest way possible.

Would you take on a government Ministry if asked? (In addition to your VD responsibilities)

Could you gives us an indication of what factors you would consider when processing citizenship applications?

McM:
Would you take on a government Ministry if asked? (In addition to your VD responsibilities)

Could you gives us an indication of what factors you would consider when processing citizenship applications?

I would be willing to take on a Ministry in addition to my VD responsibilities if so asked, but would have some barrings on which ministry I'd be willing to take on. I'd be more willing to take on Communications or WA Affairs, say than to take on say Defense or Foreign Affairs, simply due to the necessity of latter two requiring either a dedicated and gameplay involved minister (Defense) or some one with a little more Foreign Affairs experience.

When processing a citizenship application, especially for nations that may not have a lot (if any) experience across the game, there may not be many factors to account for, aside from perhaps some malicious intent they may have. In general, if they have shown an open willingness to serve the region to the best of their abilities (of course, barring hidden malicious intent) and show that they are willing to participate in general, then I see no issue with them. Now, there are the silent ones and the ones who may have little experience across NS in general, of which there may not be a whole lot to go on.

Back