Joint Plan of Action

Actually, so that the motion is more procedurally sound, I propose this motion:

Motion:
Section 1 of "The Joint Plan of Action" shall be amended to read:
The Republic agrees to limit the number of active members of the State Assault Federal Forces to a maximum of five hundred thousand.

Again, I will state the following: Syrixia wants 700,000 troops and you want 500,000 troops. In the interest of compromise, we have proposed Syrixia downsize to 600,000 troops. This compromise seems to be popular with the majority, as the vote has passed. Plembobria seems to be the only one here who continues to debate.

Kannex:
We will accept Plembobria's procedure, but we back the Syrixian number.
This 600,000-man compromise seems to be popular with the majority, as the vote has passed. Plembobria seems to be the only one here who continues to debate. As of now, Syrixia's military cannot exceed 1 million troops, and SAFF personnel currently numbers 600,000 troops, the number detailed in the compromise. As such, we believe this issue has been addressed enough.

I'm personally for 500,000 but as I already said... if the majority are in favor of 600,000 I'll agree to it. However, I will not put the vote up until plem has confirmed that he is ok with the 600,000 personnel number.

Plembobria should not have to confirm if it is OK with any number. He is one out of many. The opinion that counts is that of the majority. Simply because they wrote the plan does not mean they have power over the majority.

You, however, have no power over the majority. You haven't been accepted as a member yet. I stand by 500,000. If the majority opposes it in a formal vote, we can push for 600,000.

I move for a formal vote.

Syrixia:
Plembobria should not have to confirm if it is OK with any number. He is one out of many. The opinion that counts is that of the majority. Simply because they wrote the plan does not mean they have power over the majority.
What majority? Bootsie, plem and myself have all agreed to 500,000. I am the only one of those three that has even hinted at agreeing to 600,000. You yourself and Kannex in a way are the ones pushing for the 600,000 number. Unless I'm totally blind and missing something, the discussion is currently concluded at 500,000 unless Bootsie and Plem come out and say they are in favor of a higher number.

Edit: Just to clarify my nation's stance... we are willing to accept 500,000 with no issue. 600,000 only if it is the will of the majority, which is currently not the case.

plembobria:
You, however, have no power over the majority. You haven't been accepted as a member yet. I stand by 500,000. If the majority opposes it in a formal vote, we can push for 600,000.

I move for a formal vote.
I second the motion. Syrixia will have 500,000 troops if it is the will of the majority.

Technically, since the first agreement was passed Syrixia has been technically re-admitted. So, are we allowed to vote on the Amendment?

Syrixia:
Technically, since the first agreement was passed Syrixia has been technically re-admitted. So, are we allowed to vote on the Amendment?
No, per the part of the text that states "This agreement shall enter into force on upon its ratification by the Assembly and Republic, according to its proper constitutional procedure."

Oh gosh. Typo alert. If it pleases the chairman, could the last clause in Section 3 be moved to section 4, and can section 4 be renamed "This Agreement"? This won't change the operative text. It will simply move the clause where it is supposed to go.

plembobria:
Syrixia:
No, per the part of the text that states "This agreement shall enter into force on upon its ratification by the Assembly and Republic, according to its proper constitutional procedure."
The original treaty was passed, and this is simply an amendment. The original treaty readmitted Syrixia, the amendment is just an amendment to a treaty that readmitted Syrixia.

Syrixia:
plembobria:
Syrixia:
The original treaty was passed, and this is simply an amendment. The original treaty readmitted Syrixia, the amendment is just an amendment to a treaty that readmitted Syrixia.
Wrong. The treaty did not readmit Syrixia. It provided the conditions by which you could be readmitted. The treaty specifically says that it comes into force Upon your notification to the chairman of your ratification of the agreement. So far no notification has been issued. The treaty is not active until ratified. You are not readmitted until the treaty is active. You will be readmitted when you notify the Chairman of your ratification of the agreement.

plembobria:
Syrixia:
plembobria:
Syrixia:
Wrong. The treaty did not readmit Syrixia. It provided the conditions by which you could be readmitted. The treaty specifically says that it comes into force Upon your notification to the chairman of your ratification of the agreement. So far no notification has been issued. The treaty is not active until ratified. You are not readmitted until the treaty is active. You will be readmitted when you notify the Chairman of your ratification of the agreement.
Alright. Thanks for the clarification.

Kalti:
Plem, does that have to go the chairman (Cascadia) or can it go to the Deputy Chairman (myself)?
The Chairwoman. I would recommend a thread be opened for the purpose. Syrixia could declare their ratification of the agreement, as well as provide other details required by the agreement.

Parliament will vote on the agreement once the NPTO vote is completed.

Did the math. For those of you on the East Coast, the vote ends at 6 PM today.

Syrixia:
Did the math. For those of you on the East Coast, the vote ends at 6 PM today.
Incorrect. The vote ends at 7PM on the East Coast. When I write my time zone, I'm in MST, I live somewhere (Arizona) that doesn't follow daylight savings so I'm currently three hours behind (instead of the usual two). I will make a note of it in the future to clarify the end voting time.

I would recommend a thread be opened for the purpose. Syrixia could declare their ratification of the agreement, as well as provide other details required by the agreement.

Certifications of ratification are a little more, I don't know, fancy than that. Anyway I was referring the the details you are required to disclose, per the agreement.

Also remember that the notice of your government's ratification of the treaty doesn't go to me, it goes to Cascadia who is the current chairwomen of the NPTO.

The maximum yield achieved in tests- 40 megatons

All methods of Delivery of which the Republic is capable- Missiles, Bombers, Torpedoes, etc.

The number of warheads possessed- 100

If that's not realistic, do tell. I'm not good at nuclear bomb stuff.

Back