Nation Similarity Index

Johanness

TNPer
What Country IRL that you think is most likely similar to your nation.

Remember this isn't based on your NS stats, it's about what you want your nation to be

This information will be used on your similarity:

- What your nation prioritizes on
- Government Structure and Type
- Political Parties
- Your Culture and Diversity / People
- Technology
- GDP / Expenditure
- Debt
- Tourism
- Development
- Admission / Entry / Passports

and it goes on...

Sytarenne:
No, not the US or Brazil.
Since when were you the authority on what he wants his nation to be like?

Anyways, I modeled Syrixia off the US and Great Britain.

I'm a mix. The U.K., Australia, Sweden/Norway, Singapore, Luxembourg, and finally a little bit of the U.S. and Canada.

Guslantis is a Euro-mix. Pigletville is more of a Paris or London type city, while as you move outward you have more Mediterranean European countries represented by Carrotopolis, which is a more Russian based city, and Augustus Town, an Italian based city.

SO I'm gonna be the first replying with an in-depth description :D. Hope you like it an it encourages more people to elaborate a little bit more their stuff.

I (obviously) copied lots of stuff from Welsh facts, legends and symbols. But Avalon is also about the rest of Celtic Britain and modern no-so-Celtic Britain, as well as the place I'm from.

Priorities: Prosperity and fun. That's something that sounds more Swedish than anything lol But no, I wasn't thinking of Sweden.

Government: It is a feudal kingdom, with a Council (the round table), an official but largely ignored and ceremonial faith (a New-Age Druid cult) and with some sort of post-modern local democratic institutions. The mix between an old regime and a democratic local system might have something to do with Britain... or not. Druidry sounds cool and at the same time it's just me mocking religion.

Political Parties: Open lists and the fact that they can only reach local power (and always under a Lord) mean there's little economical support for political associations of any kind, that makes political parties small and local assemblies usually have more independents than party members. Unions, on the other hand, and other kinds of political organizations and NGOs are strong and widespread. This has to do with me being tired of modern politics and doesn't reflect any country in particular.

Culture: Celtic-British, Welsh, Arthurian on the surface, but there's also some of the longing, the naiveness and immaturity of my beloved Canary Islands.

Technology: Modern technology when needed, but with a "don't fix it if it's not broken" approach. I'd say that's also very English.

GDP/development/debt : King Lennart is not your typical feudal king, and invests heavily on education, healthcare, welfare and Industry. Is not like we've got a perfect NHS and brilliant universities, that would mean putting up with rather punitive taxes, but we aim to build a decent preventive healthcare and free gp, free tertiary education while still supporting people who create wealth and keep the wheel turning. I like to think we're a self-sufficient country. Nothing like any RW developed nation anyway, everyone owes moneyz nowadays. So Avalon looks a bit like northern European countries, welfare states, with some limits. that's a bit of my own political views.

Tourism: Main economic activity, based directly on the Canary Islands.

Admission/citizenship: laws are rather strict on that matter. It's a rather small island with amazing landscapes and such, inhabited by distrustful people with a thing for swords. That's probably related to my wish for protecting my secret, small, fragile utopia from the big wide world, full of amazing and dangerous things.

Why does everyone want to be "like the US"
Most of you have nothing in-common with the US and I'm just expressing my opinion "not having the authority to tell what peoples nation is like"
I find myself like the US but only like 2-5% because I'm a Capitalist Democracy, have a similar Government, and is also a Federal Republic. Theres around 180 countries in the world, don't just go for the top 10 guys.

Sytarenne:
Most of you have nothing in-common with the US and I'm just expressing my opinion "not having the authority to tell what peoples nation is like"
I find myself like the US but only like 2-5% because I'm a Capitalist Democracy, have a similar Government, and is also a Federal Republic. Theres around 180 countries in the world, don't just go for the top 10 guys.
How is my country not like the U.S.? Kannex is a militaristic, somewhat imperialistic flawed democratic power that is both stubborn and arrogant. You clearly haven't read my history - Kannex is a colonial country built on the subjugation of natives and enslavement of millions. Kannex is very Christian, conservative, and powerful.

Oh yeah, I also fund terrorists.

Sytarenne:
Why does everyone want to be "like the US"?
Since when do you get to tell us what we want to make our nations like? You only get to tell one person that and that's yourself.

EDIT: Next time try to express your opinion in a less rude way.

It's not rude, it's just boring when everyones trying to be like the US when the US isn't the best country in the world anymore. I'm supposed to be a bit like South Korea for some technology, New Zealand for lifestyle, Switzerland for Neutrality, Iceland for it's peace, Canada for sport, and US for it's government.

Kannex:
Sytarenne:
How is my country not like the U.S.? Kannex is a militaristic, somewhat imperialistic flawed democratic power that is both stubborn and arrogant. You clearly haven't read my history - Kannex is a colonial country built on the subjugation of natives and enslavement of millions. Kannex is very Christian, conservative, and powerful.

Those are all conspiracies. And you're an Empire, that speaks German all the time. Most likely the HRE of 2015, except only like 10%

If the Contras weren't terrorists, I don't know what they are. The history of my country reflects that of the U.S. Read my factbook. I have a revolution from European masters, a George Washington type figure that takes control of the country, industrialization, immigration, slavery, consolidation of the central government's power during the Civil War, a "state's rights" type of rebellion by regional plantation aristocrats, a gilded age, imperialistic takeover of a Spanish speaking colony, etc. The only major historical differences are the existence of a monarchy and the several military juntas in the 20th century. Demographically, Kannex is multiracial - the multiracial empire is what makes it like Brazil. The majority of Kannexans are Christian, primarily Protestant.

I suggest you read history, because if you did, you would know that beyond superficialities my country is nothing like the HRE.

I accept you've probably modeled it off the USA. My question would be why? So many nations do that, doesn't it get a bit too predictable?

I would say that my nation would be very loosely based off a combination of Saudi Arabia/India. :P

mcmasterdonia:
I accept you've probably modeled it off the USA. My question would be why? So many nations do that, doesn't it get a bit too predictable?

I would say that my nation would be very loosely based off a combination of Saudi Arabia/India. :P
Hardly anyone does it right, and hardly anyone really appreciates U.S. history. What if George Washington had crowned himself king? What if America became mixed race instead of segregated? And what if Christian conservatives ruled America more than they already have? What if the military industrial complex is allowed to roam free? I won't pretend I'm on some holy althistory quest to answer these questions; I began RPing a German Kannex in order to practice my German. Still, with new historiography that comes out, U.S. history cannot be boring.

As you can see, Kannex isn't completely based off the U.S. in terms of present day situation. There will be a change of personnel sometime soon.

Kannex:
mcmasterdonia:

Hardly anyone does it right, and hardly anyone really appreciates U.S. history. What if George Washington had crowned himself king? What if America became mixed race instead of segregated? And what if Christian conservatives ruled America more than they already have? What if the military industrial complex is allowed to roam free? I won't pretend I'm on some holy althistory quest to answer these questions; I began RPing a German Kannex in order to practice my German. Still, with new historiography that comes out, U.S. history cannot be boring.

As you can see, Kannex isn't completely based off the U.S. in terms of present day situation. There will be a change of personnel sometime soon.
I see. Thanks for clarifying your decision :)

I like that you're considering questions that would offer an alternative history, rather than simply recreating history as it currently is.

Plembobria's government is loosely based off Australia's, although it's unitary rather than federal, and the legislature is made to be more proportional. I'm really not sure what RL country it's economy is most similar to. Our foreign policy is similar to Switzerland's.

Sytarenne:
But you är a kingdom right?
Why do you question everyone's nations? If Plembobria wants his nation to be a neutral kingdom with some Australian and Swiss elements he can.

Sytarenne:
But you är a kingdom right?
Australia is a kingdom too ("dominion" to be exact). It's monarch is Queen Elizabeth II, currently represented by her Governor-General, Sir Peter Cossgrove. In practice, the Governor-General exercises power on the advice of the Prime Minister, who is the leader of the majority in the House of Representatives. Or in my case, the House of Commons. I just cut out the Governor-General bit, because my monarch isn't outsourced. The Structure of the Parliament however is the same.

I said The United States of New Sekai is mostly based on The United States of America (And on bit of Japan). However, I want to know, what other people, think my nation is similar to a real nation(s)?

Mr Insanity:
I said The United States of New Sekai is mostly based on The United States of America. However, I want to know, what other people, think my nation is similar to a real nation(s)?
Japanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapan.

You can't tell me there isn't some Japan in there bruh.

Syrixia:
Mr Insanity:
I said The United States of New Sekai is mostly based on The United States of America. However, I want to know, what other people, think my nation is similar to a real nation(s)?
Japanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapanjapan.

You can't tell me there isn't some Japan in there bruh.
Yeah I have forgot that. I think my nation is like if WW2 ended different. I mean if the Empire of Japan did taken over The United States of America, then yeah is that my nation. LOL.

Rhuvanland is basically a combination of Germany and the USA, hence the influence from both Kannex and Syrixia.

Kannex, this is brilliant.

Back