TNP Nation
Missionary
Discord
Salvarity#9967
544bhNY.png

From the desk of the Prime Minister of the Diet of the Republic of Salvarity

New Capricornian declaration on the treatment of foreign dignitaries

Definitions

Foreign Dignitary: A person sent to another nation in order to represent their nation of origin. Designated by their nation of origin and employed by their nation of origin.

Ambassador: The chief foreign dignitary representing a nation in another nation.

Nation: A region of political independence recognized as a sovereign entity.

Embassy: The official office of a Foreign Dignitary

Signatory: A nation that ratifies this declaration

Preamble

It is the grounded belief of the Salvarian Republic that citizenry of a nation shall be bound by the laws of their nation. It is however necessary in this globalized world for nations to exchange embassies and therefore ambassadors in order to further increase political ties. Therefore it is our belief that specific rules need to be established to govern the rights and regulation of foreign dignitaries in foreign nations. As of such the Salvarian Diet has ratified, as per direction of the Foreign Ministry of Salvarity, this declaration is to govern the rights of foreign dignitaries who represent Salvarity and other nations abroad.

Article 1

Section A) All foreign dignitaries are representatives of their respective governments and as of such serve as extensions of their national governments. Therefore the respect that is due to the national governments shall further be due to the representatives of that government. Furthermore insults and digressions against foreign dignitaries also serve as insults and digressions against the government which they represent.

Section B) Embassies being the region in which a nation is represented in a foreign nation, shall be governed by the rules of the nations it represents. Violating of the sanctity of an embassy by personnel who do not have jurisdiction dictated by its owner shall be considered a grave insult against that of whom the embassy represents.

Section C) Ambassadors are the heralds of their governance, they serve as messengers and methods of communication between the leaders of distinct nations. As of such they shall be guaranteed the rights of all messengers. In the eve of war, they shall be guaranteed protection by the nation they are in and granted safe passage to their nation of origin. In times of peace they shall be protected from insults and digressions and shall only be prosecuted by the rules by which they themselves are governed.

Article 2

Section A) Foreign dignitaries may not be detained by governments that are not their own unless they are an immediate threat to those around them.

Section B) Foreign dignitaries may not be prosecuted for civil offenses or punished for violations of civil codes of conduct. Any violation of civil codes of conduct shall be forced to go through the embassy staff and foreign staff of the represented nation and host nation respectively.

Section C) Foreign dignitaries may not be prosecuted for alleged criminal misconduct, unless expressly given permissions to do so by the government that they represent. If express permission is not given to their prosecution, they must be returned back to their nation of origin and will be barred for returning to the nation where the alleged crime was committed unless they have been absolved of their crime.

Article 3

Section A) Foreign dignitaries will at all times be responsible to the laws of the nation they represent.

Section B) If requested by the nation of origin, all foreign dignitaries must be surrendered to their nation of origin and should not be granted asylum by the nation they reside in as a foreign dignitary.

Section C) This declaration shall take enactment as soon as it sees ratification.

Article 4

Section A) Any foreign nation may ratify this declaration at their leisure.To do so they must signify to the Salvarian government that they request to do ratify this declaration and provide a representatives whose name shall rest on this document. Nations may remove themselves for this declaration at any point.

Section B) This declaration may not be amended in anyway, only ratified or rendered void.

Signatories

1) His Excellency Thomas Insaniac, Prime Minister of the Republic of Salvarity
2) His Majesty Senso Kyoki, King of The United States of New Sekai
3) Her Excellency Lara Kray, President of the United States of Cronaal
4) His Excellency Mboto Jones. High Chief of the Naizerri Confederation
5) Her Majesty Matilda II, Queen of the Kingdom of McMasterdonia
6) His Excellency Adam Reitano, Prime Minister of Xentherida
7) His Majesty Christian III, King of Xentherida
8) His Excellency Shaw Atlas, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Syrixia
9) His Excellency Alfred Nursson. Prime Minister of Syrixia
10) Sciencemaster Harper Wade Addison, DDOE of Sadakoyama
11) Sciencemaster Svetlana Abbiati, DDIS of Sadakoyama
12) His Majesty Tozian I, King of The Kingdom of Plembobria

A) The Disputed Territories of Territorio di Nessuno
B) The Environmentalist Utopia of Hiskjriaana
C)

OOC: Treaty about how Ambassadors should be treated.

Syrixia will not sign this declaration as of yet. The current stance of Parliament is that this declaration, in attempting to create a universal law for foreign dignitary rights, is inadvertently undermining the right of each nation to decide and formulate their own unique and individual laws on the rights of foreign dignitaries within their borders.

Mr Insanity:
Senso Kyoki The King of The United States of New Sekai will sign this.
544bhNY.png

ATTN: Whom it may concern,

The Republic of Salvarity is delighted that your government has sought to ratify this declaration. With your assistance we are one step closer to a more civilized and orderly world, better for the interests of all nations.

Best Regards
Johann Taffs
Minister of Foreign Affairs​

((OOC: In the Future RP planning thread.))

President Lara Kray of the United States of Cronaal would happily sign.

Topic locked so I can split ooc posts

Edit: and unlocked.

High Chief Mboto Jones has signed this on behalf of the Naizerri Confederation.

After approximately a full day of vicious deliberation within Parliament, Syrixia, albeit narrowly, has decided to ratify this agreement. Minister of Foreign Affairs and Culture Shaw Atlas and Prime Minister Alfred Nursson will sign.

Communiqué
From: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Republic
To: The Prime Minister of the Republic of Salvarity, Thomas Insaniac

Your Excellency,

I thank you for taking the noble initiative of creating a declaration on the rights of foreign dignitaries. The Russian Republic, seeking peace with all nations, has great interest in the promotion and preservation of working diplomatic channels and conventions; your initiative is eminently relevant to our interests.

Unfortunately, the document as written appears to my staff to contain ambiguities and be inconsistent with our laws and agreements which allow for heads of missions not to necessarily be of Ambassador rank and do not prohibit the granting of asylum to foreign dignitaries. Unfortunately the bar against amendment suggests we will be unable to negotiate a compromise conventionally.

Would your government consider acknowledging a Russian declaration along the same lines, with the mentioned differences? Or could perhaps an international conference be organized to discover all the details of convention relevant to our neighbors in The North Pacific?

Sincerely Yours,
Minister Nikolai Iosefich Braverman

Salvarian Executive Offices, New Capricornia City, New Capricornia, Salvarity
0900 Hours

The room was a funny thing to look at. A scrawny man of age, his head bald but he nevertheless possessed a long and exquisite beard, obviously dyed black yet spots of grey still stuck out. He was sitting at a large desk, made of some unidentifiable wood and was worn after years of use however he rather looked at home in it. It was clear that it was his desk and this was his office. Across from him stood two other men, one was clearly labelled by a lapel on his pin "COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE: JUNIOR EMPLOYEE", the other however wasn't as identifiable. The other man stood tall and proud but had fear in his eyes. He looked quite strong and could easily dispatch the sitting man if completely necessary, still he looked at the sitting man in fear. The man at the desk opened up a blank document on his computer and wrote his name and credentials: His Excellency Thomas Insaniac, Prime Minister of the Republic of Salvarity. Before continuing he addressed the men standing before him.

"I'm sure you're well aware of the situation we are currently in Johann, first though" he pointed at the employee of the communications department "You are dismissed young man, tell your boss I said good work".

He tossed the young man a $5 coin and he excited the office. Thomas continued his address "This is your first project in the office. I had different expectations for this project" he took a pause and allowed the other man to respond.

"I'm sorry sir, I did not expect this plan of ours to fail as horrib-" he was cut off.

"On the contrary my friend, those Russian bastards want to have a summit on this issue. This will be great for us. Diplomats can never actually agree on preciseness of issues, we can get an even more vague document in place. Better yet, this summit could end up as a total failure and then the nations of the world will flock to our declaration" he paused and continued "I will be drafting a response to those Russians and I'll place an offer on the table for our nation to host it. However once the actual summit takes place, I will have you and your staff representing us. I'm sure you know your goals already, make the declaration as close to what we have already or force the collapse of the summit. Do you understand me Johann?" he demanded.

"Yes I do sir" Johann responded,

"Good,, remember I will not tolerate mistakes on this. Leave now and prepare for this in the upcoming weeks, I shall start drafting the message for those bastards". Johann walked out of the room, noticeably calmer than before.

"Where is that fucking seal of the foreign ministry" the old man muttered to himself.

544bhNY.png

ATTN: Whom it may concern in the Russian Republic Foreign Ministry

We at the Salvarian Republic are saddened by your concerns, however we respect any qualms you may have about this declaration. We would not be willing to recognize a declaration of equal value from your nation because we feel it would undermine the value of this declaration in the face of our own citizen and other nations abroad. However, in the spirit of diplomacy we in the Republic of Salvarity will be more than willing to allow a diplomatic convention to discuss and possibly create a new document. As a show of goodwill, we are even willing to host a convention within our own nation.

It is a clear belief of Salvarity that international cooperation can only serve to better our nations, whether that be by militaristic, economic or scientific means. We only aim to further this cooperation and we will be more than supportive of this summit. We request you to invite any other nations you see fitting to this convention.

Kind Regards,
Thomas Insaniac
Prime Minister of Salvarity​

Communiqué
From: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Republic
To: The Prime Minister of the Republic of Salvarity, Thomas Insaniac

Your Excellency,

My government would be pleased to attend a conference in Salvarity on this matter. I would suggest inviting representatives of the other signatories (New Sekai, Cronaal, Naizerre, McMasterdonia, Xentherida, and Syrixia) as well as Andulus, Floresque, and any other state interested in the subject matter.

The Russian Republic would be entirely willing to share the cost of holding the conference, as it was our suggestion.

Sincerely Yours,
Minister Nikolai Iosefich Braverman

544bhNY.png

Official Communication of the Republic of Salvarity

ATTN: Minister Nikolai Iosefich Braverman

Allow me to introduce myself, I am Johann Taffs and I shall be the chief representative of the Republic of Salvarity at the conference we have called for. I am the chief author of the declaration your nation has raised issue with. It is my sincere hope that at this conference I can explain to you my points better and we can both come to a conclusion that we feel will leave us happy.

We will allow this conference to be attended by any nation who expresses interest, as it governs relations between nations and we feel that allowing inclusive attendance is the only intelligent option. Furthermore, I believe the discussion of just this declaration is too small a topic to have an entire international summit on. Their are a lot of things still left up to discussion and interpretation, if multiple nations in the world are to convene it would only be sensible to add multiple things to the table of discussion. As of such, the Salvarian Government will also seek discussion on the right to emigrate and general freedom of travel. If your government feels that any other topics need to also be discussed, please notify us and we shall try to incorporate it.

Finally, we have decided that this conventions hall be held in Lakeside, the third largest city of Salvarity and a large metropolis. It has more than ample amenities to receive and host any foreign dignitaries. We have decided to name this the Lakeside Conference on Diplomatic Relations due to the location and topics at hand.

I sincerely hope we can end up with an agreeable outcome.

Yours truly,
Johann Taffs
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Republic of Salvarity​

Thomas Insaniac:
Mr Insanity:
Senso Kyoki The King of The United States of New Sekai will sign this.
544bhNY.png

ATTN: Whom it may concern,

The Republic of Salvarity is delighted that your government has sought to ratify this declaration. With your assistance we are one step closer to a more civilized and orderly world, better for the interests of all nations.

Best Regards
Johann Taffs
Minister of Foreign Affairs​
Your welcome.

We will sign this; we also invite all signatories of this document to consider signing out treaty certifying our neutrality, linked below, if they have not already done so.

Sciencemaster Harper Wade Addison, DDOE of Sadakoyama
Sciencemaster Svetlana Abbiati, DDIS of Sadakoyama
Sciencemaster Eladio Bolívar, DDDT of Sadakoyama
Sciencemaster SI Sh?g? J?, DDSIR of Sadakoyama

Back