2016 US Presidential Election

It's nice to know that Bernie is leading in this poll; I've supported him since long before he announced his candidacy for president (I actually got to appear on a talk show once in January this year and ask him a question :D ).

While Hillary is still clearly the front runner for the Democratic nomination, Bernie has been steadily gaining momentum since his announcement and is now even leading in New Hampshire, an extremely important early primary state. Though I have to admit that Hillary will probably still come out with the upper hand in the end, Bernie does have a chance (albeit a small one) and if he keeps gaining momentum at the rate he is now, I could see him being the nominee.

Meanwhile, obviously, the GOP primary is much more multi-faceted. Pataki, Christie, Kasich, and Bush are my favorites because they're the most moderate out of the crew and I'm a Democrat. I think Bush still has the best chance of being the nominee, but Walker, Rubio, and (obviously) Trump are also big contenders. I actually want Trump to be the nominee, as if he is then the Democratic nominee will have a hilariously easy time winning the general election.

I would prefer Bush as the nominee on the grounds that Trump will then run as an independent, splitting the Republican vote and ensuring a Democrat victory.

Nebula:
Oh? Do tell.
Because he realized the Nordic model works. If it works for countries with 10 million people, it can turn a 300-million-man country into a utopia.

*Braces for rebuttal*

Syrixia:
Nebula:
Oh? Do tell.
Because he realized the Nordic model works. If it works for countries with 10 million people, it can turn a 300-million-man country into a utopia.

*Braces for rebuttal*
I have to agree with you. I mean, it wouldn't be an instantaneous, magical change from what America currently looks like, but I think your right that things would begin to look up for us if we began to go the way of Scandinavia.

Syrixia:
Nebula:
Oh? Do tell.

*Braces for rebuttal*
Yeah... no. It'll be much different considering we don't have the small population and the trade surplus that Scandinavia has, but Sanders has it spot on in terms of race relations and relations with the corporate elite.

On the US Presidential Elections - recent polling shows that Trump has the support of over 50% of the "Hispanic" voters which has the Democrats really scared.

I was just in Miami last week and the Cuban-Americans love Trump for some odd reason. This splits the Hispanic vote (as Cuba-American voters are the largest segment of the "Hispanic Vote"). Actually, the reason is that Obama and the Democrats pissed the Cuban-American voters off royally by sucking up to the Castros in Cuba.

At any rate, I think America should elect me King and Autocrat so I can appoint McMasterdonia as my Prime Minister and Flemingovia as the head of the Flemingovian-Episcopal Church of America. :lol:

I grew up in Miami. If I have to take a stab in the dark, I would say Trump has the support of the older generation Cuban-Americans (somehow, I never understood the voting mindset of this group), those who fled the Castro regime ages ago. Those of the younger generation of Cuban-Americans are very divisive and split on who they will support.

Romanoffia:
On the US Presidential Elections - recent polling shows that Trump has the support of over 50% of the "Hispanic" voters which has the Democrats really scared.

I was just in Miami last week and the Cuban-Americans love Trump for some odd reason. This splits the Hispanic vote (as Cuba-American voters are the largest segment of the "Hispanic Vote"). Actually, the reason is that Obama and the Democrats pissed the Cuban-American voters off royally by sucking up to the Castros in Cuba.

At any rate, I think America should elect me King and Autocrat so I can appoint McMasterdonia as my Prime Minister and Flemingovia as the head of the Flemingovian-Episcopal Church of America. :lol:
Or you can just start a dictatorship and make the members of the Ministry of Cheese your generals and provincial governors.

Syrixia:
Nebula:
Oh? Do tell.

*Braces for rebuttal*

According to the UN, Sweden is on its way to becoming a third world country in 10 years time. :( It doesn't work everywhere.

Still supporting the Hildog! :winner:

Syrixia:
Romanoffia:

Or you can just start a dictatorship and make the members of the Ministry of Cheese your generals and provincial governors.
Now that's a brilliant idea! :winner:

mcmasterdonia:
Syrixia:
Nebula:
Oh? Do tell.

*Braces for rebuttal*

According to the UN, Sweden is on its way to becoming a third world country in 10 years time. :( It doesn't work everywhere.

Sweden already is a part of the third world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

Nebula:
mcmasterdonia:
Syrixia:
Nebula:
Oh? Do tell.

*Braces for rebuttal*

Sweden already is a part of the third world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World
The definition of third world has changed.

Bernie Sanders is a bit too conservative for my taste, but I'm rooting for him in the primaries. I guess in the general election I'll vote for Hilldog. She's pretty corporate, but better her than whatever scumbag the Republicans dig up.

Back