New Application System

plembobria

TNPer
-
The application system for new DU members is plagued by inactivity, and exacerbates the problem of inactivity, I propose that a new procedure be adopted.

When an application is submitted, short amount of time is given (preferably three days) for objections to be given. If an objection is seconded, a vote will be held on whether to accept the application or not. If there are no objections, or a single objection is not seconded, the nation will be automatically admitted after the three days.

I will put this into legalese shortly.

Thoughts?

I agreed with you because The Democratic Union is getting really inactive now. (OOC:I think this should be in The Democratic Union's sub folder then in the Negotiations's sub folder?)

The DU is inactive as of late, and I partially put the blame on myself for the lack of activity, yet I do not think this new system will bring the activity that the DU needs to stay afloat. I think that we should try this new system out for a month or so just to see whether this does increase the activity, yet the DU should have a *somewhat* formal voting system, like what we have now.

Syrixia:
I think the old system was rather better.
The old system boiled down to "The Chairman can do whatever he wants" With how the old charter had set up applications it was entirely upto the chairman to accept, reject, or whatever to each applicant. I fail to see how that was democratic or better?

Back