TNPer
-
The Cascadian Times​

The Premier News Organization in Cascadia!​

The Cascadian Times​

Cascadia, June 24, 2015

Coat of Arms Re-Colored

By Jeremy Smith

Parliament authorized the Ministry of Culture to recolor the grey strip at the bottom of our Coat of Arms. The President, as well as many concerned citizens have petitioned Parliament for months now demanding that the barely legible strip on the bottom be recolored.

I know what you may be thinking, "Gosh... They really have nothing else to report about..." I agree with you entirely, but please stay with me. As you know, the Coat of Arms was first designed with the Doug Flag in 1994, by Portland native Alexander Baretich. In his original design of the Coat of Arms, the text of "CASCADIA" at the bottom was colored white. It was edited in 2007 by then mayor of Vancouver Steven Grey, making the "CASCADIA" a dark shade of green found in many places in the Coat of Arms.

This presented a problem, as President Archer put it. The newly designed Coat of Arms was hard to read, especially when displayed at special events. As I said, this angered many. So, today in a special meeting in Parliament, it was announced that they would authorize the Minister of Culture to change the Coat of Arms, and that they will then amend the Cultural Code to include the new version. The new Coat of Arms is now being displayed in the Cascadian Factbook.

Below, you can see how the new Coat of Arms looks compared to the old one.

Cascadia_Coat_of_Arms.png

Before - ~ - After
[c]
darcania_11140.jpg

Embassy constructed in Darcnaia

By Sally McMillan

Minister of Foreign Affairs Terance Tibby applied for an embassy in the dragon-populated nation of Darcania, a long time ally of Cascadia. It was soon accepted, and construction of the embassy has begun.

Like many embassies in Darcania, the newest Cascadian Embassy will be futuristic in style, showcasing the latest in construction technology.

Fun Fact: On the application, the Foreign Affairs Minister was asked by President Archer to include "Please, no bowls of Chocolate Fudge Cake!" in the Additional Requests box. When asked about this, Archer simply stated it was an inside joke between him, the leader of Darcania Scian kul Kroning and Lord Ravenclaw, leader of Lord Ravenclaw. He would not comment further.​

The Cascadian Times​

Cascadia, June 26, 2015

nrm_1405002775_meghan_trainor_all_about_that_bas.jpg

Meghan Trainor Elected NPTO Chairwoman

By Beckett Reilly

Last night, the election for Chairperson of the North Pacific Treaty Organization came down to this:

The representative from Cronaal, Chester Kray, in the lead, and Cascadian NPTO Representative Meghan Trainor behind by only one vote. When it came time to tally the vote, the Syrixian representative suggested that the two contest for the seat, saying "...the winner is by one vote and I don't find that extremely representational. I say [Chester Kray] and [Meghan Trainor] have some kind of contest to decide who gets the seat."

Well, as it turns out, the government of the nation of Cronaal was destroyed not long before this conversation after a nuclear bombing of their capital by their insane queen. Millions lost their lives, and Chester Kray noted that it would not be practical for him to take up the chair, since his nation doesn't really "exist". So, the seat was officially given to the Cascadian Representative.

The Cascadian Times​

Cascadia, June 24, 2015

Coat of Arms Re-Colored

By Jeremy Smith

Parliament authorized the Ministry of Culture to recolor the grey strip at the bottom of our Coat of Arms. The President, as well as many concerned citizens have petitioned Parliament for months now demanding that the barely legible strip on the bottom be recolored.

I know what you may be thinking, "Gosh... They really have nothing else to report about..." I agree with you entirely, but please stay with me. As you know, the Coat of Arms was first designed with the Doug Flag in 1994, by Portland native Alexander Baretich. In his original design of the Coat of Arms, the text of "CASCADIA" at the bottom was colored white. It was edited in 2007 by then mayor of Vancouver Steven Grey, making the "CASCADIA" a dark shade of green found in many places in the Coat of Arms.

This presented a problem, as President Archer put it. The newly designed Coat of Arms was hard to read, especially when displayed at special events. As I said, this angered many. So, today in a special meeting in Parliament, it was announced that they would authorize the Minister of Culture to change the Coat of Arms, and that they will then amend the Cultural Code to include the new version. The new Coat of Arms is now being displayed in the Cascadian Factbook.

Below, you can see how the new Coat of Arms looks compared to the old one.

Before - ~ - After
[c]
darcania_11140.jpg

Embassy constructed in Darcnaia

By Sally McMillan

Minister of Foreign Affairs Terance Tibby applied for an embassy in the dragon-populated nation of Darcania, a long time ally of Cascadia. It was soon accepted, and construction of the embassy has begun.

Like many embassies in Darcania, the newest Cascadian Embassy will be futuristic in style, showcasing the latest in construction technology.

Fun Fact: On the application, the Foreign Affairs Minister was asked by President Archer to include "Please, no bowls of Chocolate Fudge Cake!" in the Additional Requests box. When asked about this, Archer simply stated it was an inside joke between him, the leader of Darcania Scian kul Kroning and Lord Ravenclaw, leader of Lord Ravenclaw. He would not comment further.​

Okay. Holy crap. Wow. This is amazing. If I had to give one word of advice, though, I'd make the articles much longer. At least two to three paragraphs.

Syrixia:
Okay. Holy crap. Wow. This is amazing. If I had to give one word of advice, though, I'd make the articles much longer. At least two to three paragraphs.
I'll extend them. Thanks. :kiss:

EDIT: One down, one to go!

EDIT 2: And, done. Anything else?

I would probably discount Ravenclaw and any others who don't participate in RP. Lord Ravenclaw, like many NS players, are there for regional politics and build their personas as "people". Basically, NS avatars of sorts. Ravenclaw can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't participate in TNP RP.

Also, (You're cabinet so you can probably do this, but not sure) try to move this to the RP subforum. This seems to be RP-focused from what I'm seeing.

Syrixia:
I would probably discount Ravenclaw and any others who don't participate in RP. Lord Ravenclaw, like many NS players, are there for regional politics and build their personas as "people". Basically, NS avatars of sorts. Ravenclaw can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't participate in TNP RP.

Also, (You're cabinet so you can probably do this, but not sure) try to move this to the RP subforum. This seems to be RP-focused from what I'm seeing.
Moved. I'll keep the part about Raven, just because it is a fun fact and relevant to the "RP News." If Raven asks, I'll remove it. :D Anything else?

I personally consider this to be half-IC, half-OOC. Otherwise, I would've pointed out a few things in the article about Darcania that would make no sense full-IC wise. If you plan to make this entry full-IC, I'll point them out, but otherwise it's fine as-is.

The Cascadian Times​

Cascadia, June 26, 2015

nrm_1405002775_meghan_trainor_all_about_that_bas.jpg

Meghan Trainor Elected NPTO Chairwoman

By Beckett Reilly

Last night, the election for Chairperson of the North Pacific Treaty Organization came down to this:

The representative from Cronaal, Chester Kray, in the lead, and Cascadian NPTO Representative Meghan Trainor behind by only one vote. When it came time to tally the vote, the Syrixian representative suggested that the two contest for the seat, saying "...the winner is by one vote and I don't find that extremely representational. I say [Chester Kray] and [Meghan Trainor] have some kind of contest to decide who gets the seat."

Well, as it turns out, the government of the nation of Cronaal was destroyed not long before this conversation after a nuclear bombing of their capital by their insane queen. Millions lost their lives, and Chester Kray noted that it would not be practical for him to take up the chair, since his nation doesn't really "exist". So, the seat was officially given to the Cascadian Representative.

Back