Pacific Underground State embassy request

Gradea

TNPer
Name of your region: the Pacific
Link to your region's forums: s15.zetaboards.com/The_Pacific/index
Head of Government: Newt
Head of State: Newt
Minister for Foreign Affairs (or equivalent): Vacant
Short description of your region: The Pacific is the second largest region in the game and is the original feeder. The Pacific is currently held by the undemocratic and imperialistic New Pacific Order and the Republic of the Pacific (aka the Pacific Underground State) attempts to overthrow the NPO and restore democracy to the Pacific.
Will your region post regular Foreign Updates: Yes

We speak for the oppressed nations of the Pacific because they cannot speak for themselves. The Republic seeks to overthrow the New Pacific Order and bring democracy, liberty and stability to a region which has historically been very troubled.

Eluvatar:
On what basis to you, well, base the legitimacy of yourselves as representatives?
The Republic of the Pacific does not seek to represent the whole of the Pacific. We seek to represent those who are tired of the undemocratic rule of the New Pacific Order. We believe in a system where to be in a position of power you do not have to know the right people, but are democratically elected by the people.

Our legitimacy is derived from the belief that Pacifica deserves democracy.

flemingovia:
Heh. I remember being asked the same questions about our "legitimacy" when we were the TNP Underground.
Technically, you are correct, they are equivalent. It is good that you have finally realized the proper type of company that you kept.

Gradea:
Eluvatar:
On what basis to you, well, base the legitimacy of yourselves as representatives?
The Republic of the Pacific does not seek to represent the whole of the Pacific. We seek to represent those who are tired of the undemocratic rule of the New Pacific Order. We believe in a system where to be in a position of power you do not have to know the right people, but are democratically elected by the people.

So, out of curiosity, if you do not seek to represent the whole of The Pacific then why ask for an Embassy claiming to represent the whole of The Pacific? Your application lists your region as 'The Pacific'.

Just curious, honestly. I am not wholly opposed to the idea of TNP supporting pointless external causes.

Gracius Maximus:
Gradea:
Eluvatar:

So, out of curiosity, if you do not seek to represent the whole of The Pacific then why ask for an Embassy claiming to represent the whole of The Pacific? Your application lists your region as 'The Pacific'.

Just curious, honestly. I am not wholly opposed to the idea of TNP supporting pointless external causes.
Nice to see the Regent of the New Pacific Order here. Does the New Pacific Order represent the whole of the Pacific? Or does it only represent those who know the right people (the Senate)?

Psst. Gradea. Throughout NS history Ivan has strived to keep Pierconium and GM totally separate. If you wanna talk to him about this, go on the NPO forums or send Pierconium a TG.

Anyways, concerning the embassy, I personally am for it. I also advertised your movement on the RMB and registered/applied for citizenship.

Syrixia:
Psst. Gradea. Throughout NS history Ivan has strived to keep Pierconium and GM totally separate. If you wanna talk to him about this, go on the NPO forums or send Pierconium a TG.

Anyways, concerning the embassy, I personally am for it. I also advertised your movement on the RMB and registered/applied for citizenship.
Speaking as an ambassador myself, things like embassy requests are usually done through someone appointed by the Minister of Foreign Affairs (or equivalent) to become an ambassador to The North Pacific. If you get an embassy and then try to report it back to the MoFA (or equivalent) per their embassy row, you'll get some cocked heads. Unfortunately, Krulltopia and the NPO are in power in The Pacific and I believe, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, that is what government we have to form the embassy with.

Gradea, even though you dislike the NPO, is not it still the legitimate government of The Pacific? If it is, how can you ask for an embassy for The Pacific while saying you represent the "Underground State?"

Well, The North Pacific does not currently enjoy diplomatic relations with the New Pacific Order. We're not obliged to recognize them as legitimate.

Gradea, or Newt, what distinguishes your group from hypothetical copy-cats?

Well, this does raise an interesting question.

If we are going to break off relations with the NPO, as we've already done, are we now going to start supporting resistance groups against them?

I certainly would. We're the free-est region in NS; it's time to show the world why democracy works and why dictatorships don't.

Syrixia:
We're the free-est region in NS; it's time to show the world why democracy works and why dictatorships don't.
dormthumb.php

Forgive me, but I have little time and patience for Gradea's increasingly pathetic attempts to get attention from us and other regions.

I view this request as utterly ridiculous. The North Pacific does not hold diplomatic relations with The Pacific due to the events of Lazarus. That does not mean however, we are going to open relations with "oppositional groups" to the Government of the Pacific. That would be utterly nonsensical and unnecessarily combative. We will not undermine the sovereignty of another feeder, like they did a sinker, for the simple reason that The North Pacific is as far as I'm concerned, a region more conscientious of the sovereignty of other regions.

If you want a government who might do that, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Officially: application denied.

Gradea:
Absolutely ridiculous and a very poor decision by the Foreign Minister.
It is most certainly not. As Raven said, just because we don't like a region's government doesn't mean we're going to overthrow them.

Your attacks on Raven just for denying a request also paint your little "movement" in a very poor light indeed.

Gradea:
Absolutely ridiculous and a very poor decision by the Foreign Minister.
Forgive me if I disregard your opinion in favour of people who are actually credible and have some knowledge of foreign policy. My answer would be the same regardless of who headed this movement.

In the past month, I have seen at least two delegacy campaigns from you. You have also tried to recruit for TNP in TRR and then turned around in TNP and tried to tell us we need a law just because TRR has one similiar.

Now, this is clearly a third attempt. Are you actually going to anywhere you think you have a chance at getting some semblance of power? I don't know whether to applaud your determination or shake my head at your desperation. These deliberate attempts to gain a form of power or standing are amusing at best, but alas, not a Grade A effort. More like a very low U.

What kind of region do you think TNP is? The New Pacific Order is recognised as the sole legitimate government (indeed we maintained embassies until recently) of the Pacific. Irrespective of the fact that they have absolutely zero respect for the sovereignty of other feeders and sinkers, they have that recognition. Could we withdraw that? Yes, we certainly could. If the RA wants that to happen, then it would be a discussion that would be interesting to have.

But supporting a "resistance movement"? No. Not a chance. We gain nothing by interfering in the sovereignty of another feeder region. Two wrongs DO NOT make a right.

Tell me what TNP gains from that? What do we gain by playing the same game as them?

Back