Knight Interior: Sir Cadmus Saxton
Knight Cultural: Calvin Coolidge
Chief Bard: Lord Detritus Saxton
Chief Recruiter: Sir Bert

Region | | Forum | | Twitter

304, 520 forum posts | | 559 Nations

The Return of a Monarch

kingarthur.jpg

On the 18th of May, 2015 Sir Christopher Bishop addressed the region and with it he renounced himself from the throne, returning reign to Charles Cerebella.​

Christopher Bishop:
I am abdicating due to my need to focus on my studies. It has been a pleasure serving Albion as King for the last few months. A lot of things happened that helped define Albion by standing on its own. I am glad to see that the culture is thriving more than ever. I am abdicating as King in favor or Charles Cerebella. Obviously, he has a large part in creating what Albion is today and will do a great job as King again.​

Shortly thereafter, His Majesty addressed the realm.​

Charles Cerebella:
With the signing of the Abdication Amendment, once again I sit in this position as King of this amazing region. I can't describe what an honour it is to be able serve Albion in this capacity nor properly convey my thanks to Chris, both for his stewardship of the region and for trusting me once more to take the helm. I hope that I can do him and the region justice.

The region has taken big strides since I last occupied the throne. Embarking on a new course of forging our own path. I'm excited by the opportunities this offers us in making a distinctive mark on Nationstates. We've further seen a realisation of our unique nature as a region and continually we see the emergence of a new generation of players who have already, in a very short time, left a massive mark on the region. People such as Moly, Myst and Calvin have come through and are already pillars of our community.

With my assumption of the Crown it is necessary to put together the team that will be helping me on all the tasks ahead of us.

First off, it is my unbelievable pleasure and honour to make MagentaFairy Crown Princess and my Heir Apparent. She is the Mother of this region, she has uniquely been involved since day one unlike anyone else here. She's sat on the GC from its very first day and led Shalefields from the beginning. I've said time and time again that Albion owes an unbelievable amount to Fairy to have made it the wonderful place it is. We would not be half the region without her input over the years and I'm very happy that she has agreed to assist me as my Crown Princess. She is further fully delegated all my powers. Anything I can do as King, Fairy is also empowered to do as Crown Princess.

To stick with the royal family, Joshua IX shall be continuing as Prince and I look forward to his further contributions to cabinet and other discussions. In addition, Cassius is hereby made a Prince also and shall receive admin powers. Ever since he has joined, Cass has been a massive help to me and the region first as Chief Knight, then Knight Foreign and more recently as Arch-Mage. I look forward to his further contributions in this new role.

Replacing Cass as Arch-Mage shall be Moly. Still one of our newest members in the sense of time spent in the region, he is already an old hand in terms of his experience and his impact in the region. He offers a fresh perspective, a massive amount of energy, new ideas and already a wealth of knowledge about Albion. The Arch-Mage is an important position as one of the most senior and plays a big role in helping set the tone of the region more generally beyond its specific powers. I'm certain Moly will excel in this role and will be enabled to continue to help the region at the highest level even beyond his time as Chief Knight.

I'm very pleased to announce that Olivia has agreed to continue on as Knight Foreign. I have been incredibly impressed with the impact she has had in that role so far, by her professionalism, knowledge and diplomatic behaviour. It is crazy for me to think that she is still such a relatively new member and already she has the kind of grasp on NS foreign affairs that I only got after about three years or more! As we embark on our new direction in foreign affairs, there is no one I'd rather have in this position than her and I look forward to working with her more closely in the coming weeks and months.

Replacing Fairy as Lady High Constable shall be Fleur de Mal. Fleur is one of our most experienced commanders both planning raids and as point and has had extensive experience on the command staff. I'm certain she'll be able to whip the RAL into shape and get the best out of it. Furthermore, she is an immensely experienced Knight of the Round Table. I have no idea how many times, in how many roles and under how many Chief Knights she has served on it, but I know it is a hell of a lot. Her contributions are always of a very high standard and I know that she will have a very big and constructive impact not just on her own portfolio but far beyond as well.

Filling the vacant role of Sheriff of Bowerstone shall be Christopher Bishop. I'm very pleased that he has agreed to continue on in a substantive role and helping the region. Aside from his monstrous amount of military experience, Chris is also well versed in NS intelligence as well and I'm sure he'll do an excellent job in charge of the Royal Intelligence Organisation.

Finally, I'm happy to announce that Seven Deaths will be staying an admin under the title of Royal Architect. I don't need to go into the kind of impact he's had on the region during his time. I hope he'll enjoy his well earned, and much needed break, and when he returns I'm looking forward to working closely with him once again.

I'm relieved to say that that is the end of the rather extensive list of appointments! I'm honoured to be able to work with such an outstanding bunch of people. To be able to put together a team as strong as that, while leaving out so many people who are potentially deserving and who could excel as well given the chance, shows the amazing strength of depth we have and our sheer potential as a region. I look forward to what the future holds, both for me and the region.

Long live Albion!​

A politician with a bad back...

needs lots of support.

ppolitics1.png

No Lower Council elections this time ...oh who am I kidding, of course there were! For this term Albion sees Moly Calidan, Decimus Aemilianus, Calvin Coolidge, Dame Corinne and Charles Cerebella. Wasting little time the Lower Council not only dusted off the old tombs for review, but proceeded to establish a new Act to bring more into Albion's IC forum "Albion of Today." The aim of this Act is to introduce some political role play into the community.

Naturally, the Round Table elections also went underway. This term, Albion sees Sir Moly as Chief Knight, Lord Detritus as Chief Bard and Lady Fleur as Knight Interior. Her table has also been met with several new faces; Calvin Coolidge as Knight Cultural and last, but certainly not least, Bert as Chief Recruiter.​

Can You Diglett?

(Heh… heh…)

pokemon1.jpg

Pokémon continues to sweep the region, Pokemon is practically everywhere and has only grown since our last update. Not only can you hatch and evolve your very own Pokemon through post count, but you may also participate in a monthly Pokemon Capture event which involves participating in a variety of Albion activities.

The Galactic Republic Role Play is thriving, despite its distance from the earthbound realm of Albion, but a War on Terror is stirring that will shake the foundations of everyone involved...

The Demi-Gods roaming the world in Gods Among Men still dominate and have now embarked on Quest 9; A Dreamers Solace.​

A soldier is someone who stands in formation...

to receive information.

tinythor.jpg

It's a new era for the Royal Albion Legion; since our last update Albion has left the United Imperial Armed Forces and struck out on our own! Being the largest contributing region to the late Imperialist organization Albion is looking forward to a new era of military activity.

We have seen a number of quick successes in the short time on our own, forming a majority of reinforcements assisting the Black Hawks in the South Pacific in late March. And our first solo hold in the region of the Union in mid April, and assisting our friends in The North Pacific just a few weeks ago. Furthermore, our updaters managed to take a number of regions in quick succession on the minor of April 26th under the lead of Earl Marshal Edward Leben including: Zen, Terra Nova, Tyler Oconnor is a scrub, The Obsidian Order, and The Assembly of Korea.

With the long-serving Lady High Constable MagentaFairy stepping down and Lady Fleur de Mal rising to the position of Lady High Constable, Albion is set to face a new dawn. Fleur de Mal's long service within the RAL and with her experience as commander in both field and at home. We are confident that she will take the RAL in an exciting new direction in line with our larger gameplay goals.​

What do hedgehogs eat for breakfast?

Prickled eggs.

hedgehog.jpg

Albion breaks 300,000 posts!

A string of adoptions over the past month or so has lead to the Houses of Albion to grow exponentially.

Fleur de Mal and Lynneiah Lucina have wed, causing much celebration in the realm!

Several nobles were outraged earlier this week as the Fox, that most devious of vulpine, ran past Fairfax Castle without his fur on. An inquiry into the matter has been approved by the Hall of Investigation.

Trade Unionists in Silverpine recently staged a small protest against the city's ruling elite, inciting a riot amongst the peoples of the shining city on a hill.

Brightwall, that illustrious rural City-State, has recently opened nominations for it's mayoral elections. Silverpine has initiated a 'radio' program for its citizenry.

A series of gruesome murders has occurred in the Cow and Corset Tavern, much speculation is being had as no one has actually died... (what?)

Horace Walpolingham, Gentleman Farmer, discovered his bride of 56 years is actually a sprig of Rosemary.

Yours,

Albion​

Back