Nominations for the Council Chair

RPI

TNPer
Chairperson Leah Charles:

I would like to call for nominations for Council Chairperson in order to get this done quickly so that we need not wait. Nominations may be made below. (It's very possible we only get one candidate, as there are only three members of the Council right now)

The Councilors that may nominate and/or be nominated for Chairperson are the representatives from Plembobria, Eumenor, and the Republican Pacific Islands.

Chairperson Charles, you take over from here.

Thank you

I take note that the representatives from Plembobria and Eumenor have been nominated for this task, and Eumenor has accepted its nomination. Shall Plembobria accept its nomination, discussion shall promptly begin to decide which Councilor will serve as Chairperson of the Council as a vote would be quite pointless with only three Councilors.

-Chairwoman Charles

Bootsie, it's perfectly fine to hold a vote. With two candidates, at least one will receive a majority (unless someone abstains, but that's another story).

Eumenor, thank you for the nomination. I accept. Now let's see what Plembobria does.

For everybody's information -
Article Eight: Peace Council

There shall be a Council charged with the duty of overseeing the Peacekeeping Forces and the NPTO Executive.

The members of the Peace Council shall be the representatives from the following nations: Eumenor, Plembobria, and the Republican Pacific Islands. Only one representative from each nation may serve as a Councilor on the Peace Council. These representatives will serve on the Peace Council until their publicly announced resignation or until recalled or expelled. There may be no more than seven Councilors on the Peace Council.

The Peace Council shall elect a Council Chairperson by a majority vote every three months. Candidates for the Council Chair must be nominated by another member of the Peace Council.

The Council Chairperson will administer votes of the Peace Council. The Council Chairperson will administer the rules of the Peace Council; where no rules exist, the Council Chairperson may use their discretion.

Members of the Assembly may apply to join the Peace Council, and the Council Chairperson may bring these applications before the Peace Council for discussion. If the Council Chairperson brings an application before the Peace Council, the discussion will last a minimum of two days. The Council Chairperson may schedule a vote after two days of discussion, though they are not obligated to schedule a vote. A two thirds majority vote of the Peace Council is required to admit applicants.

The Peace Council may expel a Councilor from the Peace Council by a three fourths majority vote. Discussion on a proposed expulsion must last for three days. After three days, the Council Chairperson will begin a vote on the recall once two motions to vote have been made.

The Commander-in-Chief of the NPTO Peacekeeping Forces must present proposed operations, along with the reasoning as to why the Peacekeeping Forces should carry out said operations, to the Peace Council. The Council Chairperson must then bring the proposed operation before the rest of the Peace Council for discussion. The Council Chairperson shall schedule a vote once two motions to vote have been made. The Peace Council may approve an operation by a three fifths majority vote.

The Peace Council may reverse any executive decision or policy made by the NPTO Executive by a three fourths majority vote. Discussion on such a proposal must receive a minimum of three days for discussion.

The Peace Council may make formal recommendations to any body of the NPTO, and these recommendations must be taken into serious consideration by said body. Formal recommendations may be made by a majority vote of the Council.

Quorum for any vote of the Peace Council is three fourths the number of Councilors. If a vote of the Peace Council does not reach quorum, the Council Chairperson may extend the vote. The maximum duration of a vote is seven days.

The Council Chairperson may not serve in any other elected position within the NPTO.

Article Nine: Elections

The Council Chairperson will be the Election Commissioner for all elections within the NPTO, with the exception of the election of a Council Chairperson. They may appoint up to two Assistant Election Commissioners to assist in overseeing elections. The Election Commissioner and their Assistants may not run in an election that they are overseeing.

Every election will have a three day candidacy declaration period. Once the candidacy declaration period has ended, there will be a four day voting period. Any member of the Assembly may vote in an election, with the exception of the election of a Council Chairperson.

The Election Commissioner for the election of a Council Chairperson will be the NPTO Chairperson. They are subject to the same restrictions as the Council Chairperson is when they serve as Election Commissioner. They may also appoint Assistant Election Commissioners to assist in overseeing elections.

Well then, we have all three Councilors running. If everyone votes for themselves there will be no majority. We have less than three days until the vote, perhaps we might start a thread for the purpose of convincing someone to withdraw? Or we might go ahead with the vote and see either someone vote for another candidate or the election end in a tie.

We're mature. We'll have a friendly PM conversation and come back having agreed a winner.
We don't need to do it overly-officially, there are only 3 of us and we're all friends.

This is IC. I will decide who to vote for based on IC reasons. This is an RP organization, and I intend to RP this.

Alternatively, we should have the Assembly elect the Council first.

plembobria:
This is IC. I will decide who to vote for based on IC reasons. This is an RP organization, and I intend to RP this.

Fair. I think an out of character discussion beforehand would speed along proceedings.

plembobria:

I agree. This way the first Peace Council can be filled up so it can work as planned thereafter.

I will take a shot at opening a vote then. It's usually Bootsie's thing, so apologies if it's not that perfect of an OP. I'll try my best ?

Be sure to put it in the PC Voting Chambers within this subforum (for some reason it's called the "NPTO Voting Chambers").

Back