RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
...and requesting that perhaps my own warning level be looked at for possible reduction, the last warning coming more than two years ago now (and at the time at least one admin expressed that they disagreed with it).

Are you sorry for the actions that lead to your warnings? Why or why not?

Also - which warning are you looking to be removed so your warning level decreases? You have a few.

This would be easier if I could see my warnings, but I would either like the warning for 'flaming' Earth revoked (as this was just me and her sharing an in-joke and a reference to something she had been labelled by someone else who's name escapes me).

Or I would like my last warning revoked which was for something I don't believe I can see from looking at my posts, but an admin PMed about it around the time and urged me to appeal it. I never did for whatever reason.

The other two warnings I have some remorse over, but only because I got too heated arguing with Govindia - who wasn't worth the time spent even attempting to engage him.

For the sake of clarity, your last warning was for this post.

You cannot see it as the Justice hid it, but it consists of "Hi. :) " and was posted soon after the Justice's post concluding with "One more post from someone not involved and I'm throwing this out. ".

Oh. I remember now. That was amusing.

Freely admit that was probably on the wrong side of the ok/not ok line, but given the circumstances I'm not entirely convinced it warranted a warning - as the admin who urged me to appeal the warning obviously thought at the time also.

Huh, that was over two years ago now? Remind me to refile those charges against you someday, Eluvatar. :P

I think part of the issue here is that TNP, seemingly, has no standard or rules about how or when a warning, however minor, will be reduced. This leads to people having outstanding warnings for years and years with no proper way to get the warnings reduced outside of an appeal.

Blue Wolf II:
Huh, that was over two years ago now? Remind me to refile those charges against you someday, Eluvatar. :P

I think part of the issue here is that TNP, seemingly, has no standard or rules about how or when a warning, however minor, will be reduced. This leads to people having outstanding warnings for years and years with no proper way to get the warnings reduced outside of an appeal.
No, there is a process:

When a player has received an increase in warning level, this will not automatically be reduced at any time. After the warning level has been in place six months, a player may appeal to the moderation team for that warning level increase to be removed. This is not automatic, but will be considered in the light of behaviour since the warning was imposed. Should an appeal be unsuccessful no further appeal will be considered for three months.

Nierr, thank you for your answer.

punk d:
This is not automatic, but will be considered in the light of behaviour since the warning was imposed.
I think it's worth bringing attention to Nierr's outstanding contributions on the forum over the past few months. He took over managing the TNP map from an inactive curator, and has restored the quality of the image and maintained that over countless territory claims, expansions, retractions, negotiations, and so on. He's also worked hard to build a solid team of map editors to ensure that the map is not dependent on any single person going forward.

During his time being active, he hasn't earned a single warning (or even a caution that I know of), and his last warning was over two years ago. This seems to be a pretty clear case of improvement meriting a decrease in warning level.

I agree with Silly String. He seems to have a better understanding of our standards here. I would agree to have the most recent warning removed from his record.

Would it be possible to get an update on how this is going?

Nierr - the admin team has decided to reduce your warning level by one.

This was not a unanimous decision and a few admin expressed concern that by reducing your warn level some of your former antics would return. Nonetheless, a majority of us felt that we have seen a marked change from your behavior in the past and think a reduced warning level is warranted. You should see it go into effect in the next day or so.

Back