Committee of Interregional Cultural Cooperation (CICC)

Benolia

TNPer
-
At the request of Lord Ravenclaw, I have posted this thread to provide information about the Committee of Interregional Cultural Cooperation. This is due in part because the election is close to ending, and he would like the new Cabinet to be informed about this.

I was contacted on May 16 by Sacul Astoria, a Foreign Envoy from Great Britain.

The PM he sent me was as follows:

Dear Cascadia,

I am the Kingdom of Great Britain's Secretary of Culture, and I have been sent out on a mission to establish a basis of cultural cooperation with other regions. We would like to strive to create a Committee of Interregional Cultural Cooperation (CICC) with yourself and several other regions. The CICC would consist of the Culture Secretaries of all regions involved, and we could use it to discuss the development of culture both within and between our regions. I'm sure we could learn a lot from each other, and of course it would also strengthen our diplomatic ties. The CICC would organise interregional festivals and other events that multiple regions can partake in. Currently it is quite an open format, nothing concrete has been decided as of yet.

I believe that if we manage to create such an interregional body, and make it work properly, everybody involved will prosper. It may even be noticed by other regions, and in time others will wish to join it too. But that's looking quite far ahead. Currently I have or am in the process of contacting seven regions alongside your own, and I hope there will be enough interest to bring this plan to fruition.

Kind regards,

Sacul Astoria
I replied, accepting TNP's involvement in the Committee, unfortunately without the consent of Cabinet or the Acting-Delegate, SillyString.

I posted this information in the Ministry of Culture, which was when I learned that I did not have the authority to accept TNP into inter-regional organizations without at least the approval of the Delegate. I promptly withdrawed my acceptance of the organization, and it is now being discussed in the Cabinet as well as awaiting approval by the Delegate.

Thanks,

[me]

Back