I Have a Blog

New Haven

TNPer
Hello readers, and welcome.

After searching around, I've noticed that this section is rather underused, shame really, it's an interesting place. Which is why I decided to add my little piece here.

I like to share stories, ideas, ect... and I've been thinking, what better place than to do it on an internet forum! So this will be my little blog where I post on many things, stories, ideas, things I'm interested in, amateur reviews, me rambling about random stuff(Fun!), depends on how I'm feeling on any given time.

I'll try to be somewhat consistent(Probably more when schools out), but I've decided to post as well and as frequent as a can, currently.

6/9/15

Recently I got back into a game I've been letting sit for about a year or 2, Monster Hunter Tri. Due to school almost ending and me having to much time on my hands, I decided to search around my games and find one I haven't beaten yet, and this little gem popped up.

If you don't know what it is, the basic gist of Monster Hunter is that you're, well, an monster hunter(Or as it should be renamed, Dinosaur Hunter), quested with killing stuff and upgrading your equipment for as long as you can handle. But the game gets difficult very quickly, so you must focus(And die... a lot) and keep track of certain monsters/environmental obstacles in order to get money, gear, and resources.

When I first got the game I found it to be a slog, got past the first two levels(about 15 missions in all) and thought to myself "This series is successful?", and then I let it sit, not touching it again for over 2 years. Until recently this weekend that is.

I decided to try it due to me not having a life, I decided to try it again, and found that I really liked the focus and attention to detail you need in order to beat it(and the happiness you get when you kill difficult dinosa monsters). After I beat the mission that caused me to quit the game a few years earlier, I was able to level up and beat 7 missions in level 3, and I found it really, really fun. It was no longer a slog and boring, even though the current missions take longer to complete that the first few missions. (Even though some moments still annoy me, stupid qurupeco... >_>)

But why it this? How could my taste change that much(I also replayed some earlier missions, and now find them fun) over just 2 years? I don't know how or why, but I seem to have grown fond of things that give me a challenge, and this game has plenty of them.

Thank you, for anyone who's read this first post(They should get better during summer).

Back