A GradeA Delegate

Gradea

TNPer
Dear concerned citizens,

Following the shocking resignation of Delegate Tomb, I have decided to run for Delegate in this Special Election. Before I begin my campaign, I would like to say that I will not suppress any citizen's right to free speech if elected as Delegate. Free speech is a right that I hold dear to my heart and it is very easy for an honest ruler (such as Tomb) to descend to a despotic tyrant when they begin to regard the rights of the people to be playthings to be tampered with.

If elected as Delegate, I plan to:
- Make the North Pacific Army an independent organization to the government and to have it's Generals elected by NPA soldiers instead of by the Delegate.
- Merge the Ministries of Culture, Communications and Home Affairs to be merged into the new Ministry of the Interior which will be headed by an elected Minister.
-Abolish the Ministry of WA Affairs and instead have WALL (which will be transformed into an independent organization which elects it's own leaders) manage our WA Affairs.
- Open more embassies with more and more regions.
- Promote the NPTO and the Democratic Union by holding Roleplay Week (more details if elected).

If elected as Delegate, I hope to undertake a process of governmental privitisation and weaken the power of the Delegate. The citizens will lead the Delegate rather then the Delegate leading the people.

So I ask you humbly for your vote in the upcoming Special Election.

Yours sincerely,
Gradea

[quote[ it is very easy for an honest ruler (such as Tomb) to descend to a despotic tyrant when they begin to regard the rights of the people to be playthings to be tampered with.
[/quote]

I disagreed with what Tomb did, but to describe him as a despotic tyrant using rights as a plaything is really dreadfully unfair. I have seen real tyrants, i should know. Tomb made a mistake, i think, but i do not question his integrity or underlying decency.

- Make the North Pacific Army an independent organization to the government and to have it's Generals elected by NPA soldiers instead of by the Delegate.

With that sentence you lost any chance you had of my vote. the last thing we need is an independent militia acting in the name of the region. They could easily do more damage to the reputation of the region than anything else ever could.

- Open more embassies with more and more regions.

We cannot maintain the embassies we currently have, so how would you do that?

- Promote the NPTO and the Democratic Union by holding Roleplay Week (more details if elected).

I cannot see how a roleplay week would have that desired effect.

If elected as Delegate, I hope to undertake a process of governmental privitisation and weaken the power of the Delegate. The citizens will lead the Delegate rather then the Delegate leading the people.

Our delegate is already legally quite weak, and i think the balance of powers is pretty much spot on. How is a further weakening of the delegate's powers in the regional interest?

Gradea:
- Merge the Ministries of Culture, Communications and Home Affairs to be merged into the new Ministry of the Interior which will be headed by an elected Minister.
Can you explain your reasoning behind this? Why is it important for the three to be merged? How do you suggest the new Interior Minister handle their tripled workload?

Thank you for running! :)

All of the reforms you are proposing can't be established by the delegate. They require legislation. If you want to see these things done, then you must propose them to the RA.

I would like to second Flem's comments about the military. The broad-stroke secrecy and primary membergroup of the NPA already bothers me; making it completely independent is a recipe for disaster and a threat to democracy.

Myroria:
I would like to second Flem's comments about the military. The broad-stroke secrecy and primary membergroup of the NPA already bothers me; making it completely independent is a recipe for disaster and a threat to democracy.
:agree:

Gradea's just a poor boy from a poor family,
He's just a poor boy from a poor family,
Just vote for him to be Delegate!

Gradean Rhapsody

Not sure, but at least it's his birthday! :D Happy birthday, Gradea! (aka Lord Argus)

Back