Defence Secretary: Michael Stewart
Culture Secretary: James Vaughan
Director of MI5: Michael Stewart
Attorney General: Charles Fraser
Chief Justice: Edwin Astor
Sr. Associate Justice: William Kudrow
Jr. Associate Justice: Vacant

[c]Speaker of Parliament: Andrew Fraser
Charles Fraser, Baron of Huntingdon (BRP)
Henry Mountbatten, Baron of Enfield
James Vaughan of Northern England (BRP)
Sandy P. Mack of Southern England (BRP)
Andrew B. Fraser of Wales (IND)
Jacob Rees-Mogg of Scotland (BRP)
John Mikaelson of Northern Ireland (IND)
Majority: BRP
Loyal Opposition: No Organised Minority

April Election Coverage:
2rpwn47.jpg

The April General was quite the spectacle. With three candidates for Prime Minister and five open seats in Parliament, the race was one for the history books.

Charles Fraser (BRP) won 65.5% of the vote for Prime Minister against Michael Stewart (Ind.) who received 20.7% of the vote and Henry (Ind.) who received 13.8% of the vote. In the Prime Minister race, there was a 50% swing to the British Reform Party and Charles Fraser became the fist party leader of the BRP to be elected Prime Minister.

Constituency​
[c]
Candidates​
[c]
Percentage of Votes​
[c]Northern England[c] James Vaughan (BRP)

Klaus Mikaelson (Ind.)[c](64.3%)

(35.7%)[c]Southern England[c]Michael R. E. Stewart (Ind.)

Sandy P. Mack (BRP) [c](39.9%)

(60.7%)[c]Scotland[c] Jacob Rees-Mogg (BRP)

Edith Mikaelson (Ind.)[c](71.4%)

(28.6%)[c]Wales[c]Sebastian Byrne (Ind.)

Andrew B. Fraser (Ind.)[c](42.9%)

(57.1%)[c]Northern Ireland[c] John Mikaelson (Ind.)

Write In[c](77.8%)

(22.2%)

Overall, the British Reform Party won three seats in Parliament and had a 17% swing in their favor, while independents gained two seats. The Bank of England also had an election in which Richard Stewart was elected as Citizens Director.

2v184ro.jpg

Prime Minister Charles Fraser delivers his first address.​

Constitutional Convention Continues:
Over the past several weeks, United Kingdom has been holding a Constitutional Convention to develop its fourth constitution. The convention was created after calls were made to have one in the Citizen's Convention which was the brain child of former Prime Minister Daniel North. We have discussed reforming all three branches of government, the Monarchy, and the Bill of Rights. The Convention isn't over yet, though, so will just have to wait and see what comes of it.

2moxx50.jpg

Citizens debating at the Constitutional Convention​

Treaty of Carlisle:
Last month, United Kingdom and The Kingdom of Great Britain signed an immense treaty celebrating our friendship.

Treaty of Carlisle

A Treaty between His Imperial Britannic Majesty King-Emperor George the Sixth, and His Majesty King James the Third and Eighth.

The United Kingdom and the Kingdom of Great Britain, desiring to consolidate the friendship and good correspondence which happily prevail between the two Parties, have determined to sign a Treaty of Friendship and General Relations, the stipulations whereof may be productive of mutual advantage and reciprocal utility to both Regions, and have named with this intention:

His Majesty the King of United Kingdom, James the Third and Eighth, upon discussion with his Peerage; and His Imperial Majesty the King-Emperor of Great Britain, George the Sixth, upon discussion with his Ministers of State;

Who having communicated to each other their Full Powers, found to be in good and due form, have agreed upon and concluded the following articles:

Statement of Friendship

I. There shall be a firm and inviolable peace and sincere friendship between the United Kingdom and its citizens on the one part, and the Kingdom of Great Britain and its people on the other part.
II. The United Kingdom and the Kingdom of Great Britain recognize both the independence and sovereignty of each other's regions, and recognize the legitimacy of each other's Heads of State.
III. This Treaty makes explicit the understanding that neither signatory to this Treaty shall engage in any acts of belligerence or aggression toward the other, or toward any of each regions Provinces, Territories, Colonies or Allies.
IV. This Treaty implies and requires no military involvement or obligation in defending or collaborating on military ventures between the two named regions.

Acts of Implementation

I. Upon ratification of this Treaty by the Government and Ruler of each region, each region must formally accept the treaty by sending an Accredited Diplomat with his/her Diplomatic Nation to the other region. The Diplomat shall be granted Diplomatic Visa status while on Diplomatic Mission.
II. Both parties to this Treaty shall provide a Consulate or an Embassy for their counterpart on their Regional Forum.
III. Once these steps have been taken and are completed, this Treaty will be in effect.

Benefits of Diplomacy

I. The Kingdom of Great Britain and the United Kingdom will engage in scheduled cultural exchange to uphold and promote the unique culture of both regions, in coordination between the Ministries of Culture and Foreign Affairs of both regions.
II. The Kingdom of Great Britain and the United Kingdom agree to make provisions to allow citizens of one signatory to participate in cultural events such as role-play and education programs in the other region, without said citizens needing to obtain citizenship in the second signatory
III. The benefits of diplomacy are not limited to the provisions of this Treaty and may be added to. All future proposed provisions must undergo assent by both parties before being added to this document.

Breach of Treaty and Leaving the Treaty

If either or both signatories breach any part of this treaty, then either signatory has the option of declaring it null and void. Either signatory may cancel the treaty time at any as long as the decision was decided upon in accordance with regional law.

Economy Update:
hmt.jpg

An update on the economy from Chancellor of the Exchequer, Jacob Rees-Mogg:

After a referendum, a lot of haggling and patience, it is with great pleasure that we can announce an economy is coming to the UK soon. It may have taken a little longer than we had liked, but now is the time for myself, as Chancellor of the Exchequer to put together a clear and workable plan for making sure an economy is not just a short term fling but a long term prospect.

Private enterprise is the most fantastic of tools, and our forum has plenty of it. I want to try and utilise this talent to the benefit of the individual as well as the region as a whole. I want to provide incentives for citizens to use their talents to help one another, while adding to their bank balance in the process. I want a banking system that provides each and every citizen with an opportunity to set-up their own business and begin trading in a free market economy. I am going to open up opportunities for people that were never available before, showing them that working within the government isn't the only option to being successful.

We have a whole raft of good ideas, from news companies and pollsters to web graphics and design work. This system, this meritocratic system can propel anybody who is prepared to put in the effort to the top, based on what they can do rather than what they can say. This is an exciting time to be in the region, so come on over and get in on the action.

I don't know if that's what you were looking for, but take from it whatever you will. I'd love it if you could slip in a quote I've adapted from Friedman. 'It has been individuals pursuing their own interests that have made the world a better place. It will be individuals pursuing their own interests that will make this region a better place also.'

Chancellor of the Exchequer,
Jacob Rees-Mogg

This update was brought to you by the
~ Foreign and Commonwealth Office ~

Back