Demo Cat

Many greeting my friend and scholars!

I is coming for you to see the elections and get the vote of you. Many question. Answered by me maybe.

Very excite! :clap:

What makes you confident that you can become VD over your opponents and the incumbent?

Name (at least) one goal you have for the region.

What will you first do if elected?

Coup?

Bootsie:
What makes you confident that you can become VD over your opponents and the incumbent?
I just made a rather large and delicious meatloaf. So to answer your question, I would say I am the best provisioned of the candidates.

Democratic Donkeys:
Bootsie:
I just made a rather large and delicious meatloaf. So to answer your question, I would say I am the best provisioned of the candidates.
You have my vote. :worship:

Alta Italia:
Name (at least) one goal you have for the region.

What will you first do if elected?

Coup?
I want this region to continue to be the best region in the nationstates world.

I will probably take my oath first when I get elected. That is a good place to start. :)

Edit: I realized I missed your last question--purge the unclean! Delegate for life! Oh wait, this is the VICE delegate thread... :unsure:

I love your answers, DD. :)

DD, what will the Vice-Delegacy look like under your leadership style?

~ Tomb

3dljLnA.gif

Democratic Donkeys:
Bootsie:
Well, I am having spaghetti con le vongole for dinner tonight, so I am clearly more deliciously provisioned. Not that I am, as of yet, a candidate. :P

SillyString:
Well, I am having spaghetti con le vongole for dinner tonight, so I am clearly more deliciously provisioned. Not that I am, as of yet, a candidate. :P
Of course I would never dare to make such a bold proclamation were you a declared candidate! I know that you are also a well provisioned person, especially when it comes to submarine sandwiches.

I will warn you that if you do declare your intent to run I will have to question the status of your leftovers.

For anyone that is saying that my campaign is some sort of joke, you have lost my support if you are running for office. Insulting potential voters is a poor campaign strategy.

This is a serious campaign that happens to have jokes as a part of it. I may not win, but do not underestimate my efforts.

Edit: I will answer the questions that require a comprehensive answer when I am in front of a keyboard tomorrow.

What do you see as the day-to-day duties of a security council member? As vice delegate, what will do you to promote the success of security councilors in those duties?

DD, what's the one thing that differentiates or will differentiate you from the other candidates for VD?

Tomb:
DD, what will the Vice-Delegacy look like under your leadership style?
Much the same as it did the last time I was Vice Delegate. I am already a member of the Security Council, and have enjoyed working within that organization. I intend to maintain my activity level game side, as I personally view that as an important role for those government positions that are more directly integrated into the game mechanics.
Cascadia:
What do you expect to accomplish, if anything, during your term as Vice-Delegate?
I intend to accomplish a few things. I think the current SC policy could use a good going over, and a new outline of that policy could be posted in the SC public area. I would also like to see an initiative to increase the activity of certain members within the Security Council. I am not sure that going bigger in terms of membership is as important as having members that can maintain a high endorsement count, rather than barely meeting the minimums. The World Assembly Development Progrma has been a stunning success, and now we need to address the natural consequences of that program, namely the upsurge in the endorsement counts of many member nations. A more active SC, endorsement wise, will be necessary to maintain the effectiveness of the institution.
COE:
What do you see as the day-to-day duties of a security council member? As vice delegate, what will do you to promote the success of security councilors in those duties?
I see the day-to-day as being actively involved in endorsing the WA members of the region, and a part of that is noting nations that appear to be gaining endorsements very quickly. We have a number of Councilors who are very effective and diligent about their endorsement gathering, and then there are some that could do more. I do not wish to offend anyone, that is simply the fact of the matter. While it may not have been a huge deal in the past for members to fall behind, that behavior needs to be curtailed for two reasons: decaying influence in the feeders, and the World Assembly Development Program. While it may have been okay in the past to have low endorsement numbers while steadily accruing influence, the decay prevents that approach from working, and the addition of the WADP (active endorsers) means there are more nations collecting a finite share of overall influence. In order to maintain the effectiveness of the SC as a security apparatus the issue of activity is one that needs to be addressed.
Alta Italia:
DD, what's the one thing that differentiates or will differentiate you from the other candidates for VD?
Oh, I don't know! What differentiates your question for me from the same question you have asked every other candidate? :P My name for starters.

Democatic Donkeys, What do you have to say to the people who think you shouldn't be supreme leader of the North Pacific?

plembobria:
Democatic Donkeys, What do you have to say to the people who think you shouldn't be supreme leader of the North Pacific?
I would tell them not to worry, as this is a campaign for VICE delegate, not Supreme Leader. Unless I missed a nomination???

Democratic Donkeys:
Alta Italia:
Oh, I don't know! What differentiates your question for me from the same question you have asked every other candidate? :P My name for starters.
I said "DD" at the beginning, and I never did for any others. You are special. You are very, very special.

To answer your form question... I maintain a very active presence on the RMB, which cannot be said of any of the other candidates. I find that to be relevant because it would aid me if there were ever an interruption in the elected Delegacy. Being well known on the RMB gives a person the name recognition necessary for people to trust you (even a little).

Very well then, a serious question or two: are there any reforms you feel ought to be made to the way the security council has members admitted or the way it operates?

What safeguards do you feel ought to be in place to prevent the security council being infiltrated?

Crushing Our Enemies:
I got skipped :(

flemingovia:
Very well then, a serious question or two: are there any reforms you feel ought to be made to the way the security council has members admitted or the way it operates?

What safeguards do you feel ought to be in place to prevent the security council being infiltrated?
Yes, I do believe there are some reforms needed, which include: the thresholds for admittance, activity levels of members, and as other candidates have said, a proven track record of trust and responsibility on the part of applicants.

A healthy number of SC members is the best defense against infiltration. The more parties involved in an infiltration/coup, the more likelihood of exposure. As the syphilitic forefather of the U.S. once said "Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead".

Back