Legislative
  • Speaker - Kraketopia
  • Senators - Calvin Coolidge, Drecq, Malashaan, McEntire
  • Citizens' Assembly Chair - Rose Peak

Judicial
  • Chief Justice - hyanygo
  • Associate Justices - Drecq, Pope Lexus X

Senate Elections and Results
The region of Europeia held mid-term Senatorial elections April 3-4, 2015. Seven senators ran for a total of five seats. The size of the Senate was reduced from seven to five, according to Europeian law concerning the size of the Senate.

The following candidates were re-elected to the Senate: Kraketopia, Calvin Coolidge, Malashaan, McEntire, and Drecq. Former Senator Anumia and first time Senate candidate Fortunado were not elected.

Former Speaker of the Senate Malashaan resigned that position, but remains in the Senate. Kraketopia was elected as the new Speaker of the Senate.

The next Europeian election will held 35 days from the mid-term election and is a Presidential election.

Europeia on the Events in Lazarus

Stujenske recently led a coup in Lazarus with the support of the New Pacific Order (NPO), dissolving the constitution and ejecting members of the region's indigenous community. Although the deposed government had itself previously ejected community members to consolidate its power, this latest coup takes disregard for the Lazarene community to a whole new level. Consequently, Europeia has joined the great majority of the NationStates community in condemning this coup and has recalled its ambassador to Lazarus. Europeia has had no relations with the NPO puppet regime that controlled the delegacy and is pleased about the swift restoration of self-rule in Lazarus.

We also conducted an audio panel on the Lazarus situation here with President Sopo, Hobbes, Dali, and Neenee.

Europeian Broadcasting Corporation Presents...
Each report we file will feature at least one article from Europeia's state run media, the EBC. In this report, we have an interview with our new Minister of Communications, Deepest House. The interview was conducted by Vice-President Writinglegend.
The Interview:
Writinglegend: Hey Deepest House! Today I will beinterviewing you for the Interior project 'A Newcomer's Perspective'. First question: Why did you originally join Europeia? What made the region stand out?

Deepest House: I received many telegrams upon joining NationStates. I read them all and picked about three or four regions that seemed most interesting and checked out their forums. I was looking for activity, professionalism, and quality people. Europeia stood out above the rest while checking out regional forums. I inquired a bit to Malashaan before joining the region and after his response I decided to take the plunge and bring Deepest House to Europeia.

Writinglegend: I'll have to give Malashaan a cookie later for answering some of your questions that nudged you over to our region. How have you enjoyed your time in Europeia thus far?

Deepest House: Everything has been great. The people are open and welcoming. I enjoy the banter on the Regional Message Board and also on the off-site forums. I have really enjoyed getting to know my fellow Europeians and am looking forward to continued involvement in whatever capacities I can best contribute.

Writinglegend: Speaking of the RMB and off-site forums, how would you describe the environment in Europeia?

Deepest House: Fun! What strikes me the most is that people are here to have fun. That’s not to say that it is not also a serious place where serious business gets conducted, because it is and it does. That said, everyone seems to try to have the best time and the most fun while accomplishing what we need to do in order to make the region a better place.

Writinglegend: We do tend to attract a lot of fun people. :D If you had to make one change to Europeia, what would it be and why?

Deepest House: I’m pretty new and don’t have a full grasp on Europeia, so this is a hard question to answer. I would like to find a way to encourage people to participate both on the RMB and the off-site regional forum.

Writinglegend: Interesting choice. How would you describe your integration into our society? What would you change about the integration process?

Deepest House: The mechanisms in place for newcomers to integrate are robust and well-developed. The entire process was easy to navigate, from applying for citizenship to joining the Civil Service. On the personal side, everyone has been very welcoming and encouraging of me as a newcomer. That’s what I was looking for most in a region: a place where newcomers are welcomed with open arms and given early opportunities to contribute to the region. I’d say that’s where Europeia is most successful – identifying ways for newcomers to become, and stay, involved in the region.

Writinglegend: On the topic of integration, how well do you feel Europeia integrates newcomers?

Deepest House: I think Europeia does a great job at bringing newcomers on board. There are a variety of opportunities for participation in regional activities, from games to government, with no pressure to do anything you don’t want to do, but opportunities to engage where you want to.

Writinglegend: What resources did you find particularly helpful to get you accommodated to Europeia?

Deepest House: It is hard to identify a single resource as useful as everything is useful and has its own purpose. But, if I had to choose, I would say that the Newcomers’ Hall is a great place to start. You can introduce yourself to the region and read a lot of information to get you up to speed as quickly as possible. I recommend every newcomer spend significant time reading all that’s available there.

Writinglegend: Again, interesting choice. How effective is the Citizens’ Assembly in getting newcomers in an active role?

Deepest House: The Citizens’ Assembly is a great place for any newcomer to get involved in the region. It provides an opportunity for a newcomer to contribute immediately without the pressure of elected or appointed office. Members of the Assembly can take things at their own speed, which is great for people who may not be able to commit more time initially to Europeia. However, I’m sure they’ll be sucked in eventually and want to take on more responsibilities within the region and spread their wings a bit…it’s too hard to sit back and just watch the action!

Writinglegend: You were recently nominated and confirmed as MinComm. What were your original reactions to President Sopo’s decision? Why do you feel you fit well into this role?

Deepest House: My initial reaction was one of great shock. I have a professional background in government communications, so I was naturally drawn towards the Ministry of Communications and applied to join immediately. I thought that maybe one day I could work up the ranks and be nominated as Minister, so it was really surprising when President Sopo reached out to me. I’m glad he did – but now I feel even more pressure than before because I know I must deliver. I want to repay the President for his faith in me without having proved myself, and also to the Senate – even though they gave me a good grilling during my confirmation hearing. I have lots of ideas for the Ministry, which I’ll bounce around the President and the Cabinet, which will hopefully make the Ministry a better and more effective organization than before. The challenge will be to balance my experience in RL government communications with realistic expectations of how to operate within NS. Fortunately, I have a great team with my fellow Cabinet members who are helping tremendously as I come up to speed on all things Europeia.

Writinglegend: By the way, congrats on the position. What would you say to anyone thinking about joining Europeia?

Deepest House: Do it. I couldn’t imagine having joined a better region. The professionalism of the region is second to none, yet everyone is easy to get along and work with. There are so many potential activities in which people can involve themselves that there is something for everyone in Europeia.

Writinglegend: Thank you for joining me today, Deepest House.

Lastly, An Invitation
color%20black_zps4sj13ft9.jpg

This has been a production of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Europeia. Thank you for reading!

So much Arnhelm within the Eurosphere. I think I've seen Arnhelm Declarations, a Treaty of Arnhelm and now the Arnhelm Screenings. What even is Arnhelm? :P

Looks fun either way. Might drop by to see how Euro is doing. :P

I'm guessing Arnhelm is the regional capital city of Europeia, similar to how ours is Magicality City and the NPO's is Francograd.

Back