FYI

I am now in the two months or so period prior to my due date to submit the annual manuscript to my publisher, except that this time it is a new edition that, for technical publication reasons, has required a complete reorganization of the work (going from two volumes to three and dividing chapters triggered this.) "The Work"
So my posting will be erratic. I plan to still check admin stuff, daily if possible, but RA and SC may be less frequent until the task is completed.

I hadn't mentioned it, but should have, the fact that my apartment tower has been undergoing extensive renovations since about October.
The phase that they're in now will replace everything in the kitchen, the bathroom, and some other details, and supposedly it will all be done in one day. However, this also means removing everything out of the kitchen cabinets and the bathroom and then unpacking all that stuff into both rooms once the work is finished. And of course, they're doing this as I am supposed to be in the final phased of the manuscript revision. And I have to schedule a couple of other things to happen before the end of the month as well.
So I will be around even less than I had thought I could, and it may take me to mid-July to get the manuscript finished, as I am losing about a week to the renovation.

I ended up losing 10 days to the renovations, and the project when out by email on Sunday evening. It is an exhausting process, and I'm relieved it has only come up every five years since the turn of the millennium.

Back