Regional Update

CDland

TNPer
The Allied States

Midterm Elections

The Allied States had Midterm Elections this week, this means the election of the House Speaker and 2 Senate Seats. Every nation had 72 hours to vote for their favourite candidate. In total 68 votes where cast, which is a nice amount. The Candidates where:

Speaker of the House
Wildeboden (ANWP) - 8 Votes
Space (IDP) - 12 Votes

Senate
Peruvian Highlands (IDP) - 7 Votes
Zach21GF (IDP) - 7 Votes
Moscuro (ANWP) - 3 Votes
CDland (LP) - 11 Votes
Zach (LP) - 8 Votes

The race was heated, the clear winner for Speaker of the House was Space, the current speaker, he won with 12 votes against 8 for Wildeboden.

The more interesting was the election for the Senate. CDland was already a clear winner for the position of Senator with 11 votes. The tensions where higher for the second senate seat going between Zach and Peruvian Highlands who both had 7 votes with only 1 spot remaining.

Then something weird happened, The Rhein States voted in the last few seconds when vote closed pushing Zach to 8 votes and Zach21GF to 7 votes, pushing Zach towards a seat in the Senate and leaving the IDP, from President Pepe, without any seats. The discussion then went to the question if The Rhein States vote should be counted or not because it wasn't clear if it was within the time limit.

Currently, a poll is open with the question if the vote should be validated. The results at this moment are split equally, 50/50. So for now we can only congratulate CDLand with his position as Senator. We shall update you as soon as this changes!

CDLand Resigns as Foreign Affairs Secretary
CDLand resigned as Foreign Affairs Secretary today after winning a Seat in the senate elections. He has done a great job as Secretary. The opening of foreign embassies with The North Pacific and Europeia, the opening of the recruitment department and recruiting a massive amount of nations.

Former Secretary CDLand had this to say: "As I stated in my campaign, I am looking to foster an atmosphere where more offices and opportunites are available to newer citizens. Due to my recent election to the Senate, therefore, I felt that it would be best to focus on my duties as a Senator and give someone else the chance to be a Cabinet officer. I thank the President for giving me an opportunity to serve and I will still be active in the Foreign Affairs Department and in my current roles as a recruiter and Ambassador. "

President Pepe has assigned Director of Communications and Recruitment The Rhein States as the new Secretary. He shall now have to try to become just as good as CDLand which will not be a easy task.​

Opinion Piece :: President Pepe Furious
President Pepe is furious on his own party members after loosing seats in the Senate, making it more difficult to pass bills through the Senate. He cannot believe that IDP candidates couldn't create a majority in the elections after asking everyone to vote for IDPers.

The IDP couldn't have gotten a majority either way because with the loss of 2 potential senator seats only the NorthEast state seat remains a IDP party member. It is likely that ILTrains shall win the NorthEast Senate elections because the Northeast is an IDP dominated state.

Now President Pepe probably has to face a Libertarian Party Bloc in the Senate. This is going to make it much harder to push IDP policies through the Senate. He at least does not have problems with the House of Representatives :P .

Civil War
The Allied States One event is getting closer and closer, a few days before ASO we will create a massive civil war (Role Play) and millions of people will die during this, celebrating it afterwards. The Northeast and The South are probably going to be on the same side, leaving the Iron Fist Dictatorship of Muckchoi alone.

We expect lots of money transactions will be done to buy enough weapons and machines to make this the biggest war ever. If you join the forum prior to the ASO event, as a foreign visitor, do not be scared if we are fighting, yelling and... dying.

Everyone reading this is invited to join our festivities, now, just keep your heads up!​

Thank you for the update, CDland. Congrats to all the winners in the Midterm Elections.

And please deliver my congratulations to Space as I have worked with him closely in the past.

~ Tomb

Back