April Update

Takanashi

TNPer
2ztaxjc.jpg

Regional Forum

[img=60,50]https://i.imgur.com/20aT5cW.png[/img]NationStates Page [img=60,50]https://i.imgur.com/20aT5cW.png[/img] Regional IRC

Foreign Update: April 2015
Monarch: HIBM George VI | Queen Consort: Skye I | Prince of Wales: Prince Victor​

His Majesty's Executive Government

Prime Minister: Edward Windsor
Deputy Prime Minister: Akillian Talleyrand
Home Secretary: Akillian Talleyrand
Foreign Secretary: Vacant
Culture Secretary: Sacul Windsor
Justice Secretary: Vacant
Secretary without Portfolio: Charlotte Capulet
BBC Director General: Reece Saint-Pierre
Electoral Commissioner: Juris Wessex

WA Delegate: Lewisham
[c]
10th Imperial Parliament
The House of Lords
Victor Lancaster, Prince of Wales
Nikolai Capulet, Prince Royal
Charles IX Lancaster, Duke of Leinster
Cephal Talleyrand, Earl of Essex
Francis, Earl of Glasgow
Katherine, Baroness of St. Asaph
The House of Commons
Claire M.Capulet of Scotland (BRP)
Vacant of France (n/a)
Akillian Talleyrand of England (BRP)
Edward Windsor of Ireland (BRP)
Valfor Talleyrand-Fominov of Wales (BRP)
Supreme Court of The Kingdom of Great Britain
Lord Chief Justice: Juris Lancaster
Sr. Associate Justice: Cephal Talleyrand
Jr. Associate Justice: Charles IX Lancaster

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen of NationStates. It's a pleasure to have you reading this, I appreciate the time you have taken out of your obviously busy day to read our incredibly important Foreign Update.

[img=300,200]http://grow3.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/BreakingNews.png[/img]

For those of you whose patience is comparable to Ed Milliband with a bacon butty, here are our headlines for the day. Just in case you didn't want to read through the boring bits, you can skip straight to the slightly less boring bits without a care in the world.​
[c] THE BBC PRESENTS OUR TOP HEADLINES!
  • PRIME MINISTER'S ADDRESS
  • SIGN HERE PLEASE...
  • ROCKIN' THE BUNNY LOOK
  • THE THICK OF IT
  • PRIME MINISTER'S QUESTIONS
  • IN THE SPOTLIGHT: IANSMITH

DDvHFWl.png

Office of The Prime Minister
Prime Ministerial Address

To fellow citizens, their Majesties and our beloved friends,

The Government has now passed the half way mark for the term and I am confident in saying that, so far, it has been an active term with the Government making a lot of progress in most of the Ministries. Most notably in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office we have seen major reforms that have both improved the efficiency and organisation of the Ministry as well as seeing more connections built with regions we previously did not have relations with, reconcilling with those that we have had rough pasts with and cementing and building on those which we already have. I would like to personally thank all of those who helped achieve this within the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and our former Foreign Secretary.

The FCO is not the only ministry to have been active this term. The Ministry of Culture, Media and Sport has kept its proactive approach to regional affairs and has run a succesful music festival even though it had little time to prepare for it. The Ministry has also begun to prepare for the Easter festival which the region eagerly awaits and this could not have been done without the hard work and effort put in by our Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, Sacul Astoria, who has served the Ministry for countless terms now. I would also like to thank the Minister for his work in Foreign Updates by providing us with interviews which have helped create an insight into what the region is truly like for our allies and friends.

This term has seen Akillian Talleyrand return to the Home Office and he has done so in style. The Master Citizenship List has been unupdated for quite some time, however, the issue has now been succesfully tackled by the Secretary of State for Home Affairs. The Minister has also re-established the Mentor Programme which is helping new citizens become fully intergrated into the community and making it easier for them to feel more at home. On top of this, we are now working to establish Civil Awards so that we can reward those who have served the Home Office and region for long periods of time and have put the effort in to making this region a better place for all. I would also like to thank Mr. Talleyrand for also being a great deputy Prime Minister who I can count on at any time and in any situation.

However, the term so far has not been as smooth as I would have hoped for and we must now say goodbye to our Justice Secretary, Kingladn, who has now left the cabinet and region. He will be missed.

I would also like to take this time to reaffirm Great Britain's commitment to our allies and friends across the seas and I hope that we can continue to build on our strong relations with you and your people.

Thank you for your time.

The Rt. Honorable Edward Windsor
Prime Minister of The Kingdom of Great Britain​

[img=400,300]http://www.documentexperts.net/images/j0309628.jpg[/img]​

The Kingdom of Great Britain has undergone major diplomatic reforms, with the embassy network having been evaluated and expanded upon, and the Foreign Service having been reorganised, but perhaps the most noteworthy activity on the interregional stage has been the recent flurry of negotiations regarding treaties with multiple regions; already, treaties with The Communist Bloc, Land of Kings and Emperors, and Albion have passed through the halls of Parliament, with His Majesties Government already looking to sow the seeds for closer ties with several more regions.

Only time shall show whether this concerted attempt shall be successful, but in any case friends and allies of the Kingdom of Great Britain can certainly rest assured that the region is committed to inter-regional relations and co-operation, and that a renewed commitment to the maintenance of diplomatic missions is evident.

[img=400,300]http://thegraphicsfairy.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/-NhlrGqVhS-4/T3jto4mqYNI/AAAAAAAARMc/cud4T0JFjaY/s1600/musical-bunnies-Image-Graphics-Fairy.jpg[/img]​

Never could it be said that there is a dull moment within the Department for Media, Culture, and Sport in the Kingdom of Great Britain; just as people fall back on their chairs, having danced the soles off of the bottom of their shoes during the recent Musical Festival, the Hon. Sacul Windsor announced preparations are well under way for an Easter Festival!

There was surely a missed opportunity to use hip-hop as a natural transition point between the festivities of the Kingdom of Great Britain, but nonetheless the citizens of region wait impatiently for the opportunity to dawn their bunny onesies - though Sacul, as sly a bugger as ever, has kept the details of the Easter celebrations under lock and key.

Don't worry folks, we will break into his desk shortly, and share the details with you all so that you might decide whether to join us!

[img=310,193]http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02329/cab_2329703b.jpg[/img]​

Since the beginning of the term, the Cabinet has been hard at work with regular cabinet meetings and catch ups to make sure that all members of the Cabinet have tasks to complete and are all informed about what other members of the Cabinet are doing. Along with this, the Prime Minister has set up 'Government Activities Updates' which are regular updates to the citizenry informing them of what the Cabinet has been up to in a push to make the Government more transparent whilst keeping the Cabinet Meetings themselves confidential due to sensitive topics. The Cabinet so far has seen the update of the Master Citizenship List, two foreign updates (including this one), two festivals being prepared with one, the Music Festival, currently being celebrated, and major reforms to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. On top of this, with over half of the term behind us, the Prime Minister has continued to make his promise of continued activity and high standards of work being produced by the Government, so that the people of Great Britain and our allies recieve the attention and effort that they deserve.

[img=400,300]https://ashbournecollegegovernmentandpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/6a00d83451586c69e200e552428f378834-800wi.jpg[/img]​

At the beginning of the term, Prime Minister Edward Windsor, promised to provide a more transparent and active government and one of his strategies at doing this was to release Government Activities Updates weekly and reintroduce Prime Ministers Questions so that the Government was more accountable to the people. However, during the first Prime Ministers Questions session, not a single question was asked, completely different to the second Prime Ministers Questions session where the Prime Minister was grilled on his failure to provide only 2 of 4 promised Government Activities Updates and start only 2 of 4 scheduled PMQs. On top of this, the Prime Minister was grilled heavily on the low activity seen in the Commons and on talks with the United Kingdom of the Netherlands in regards to a treaty and state visit. The Prime Minister was reported to have told a close friend that after the PMQs he was dreading next weeks and what he would be grilled on then.

[img=400,300]http://www.fresnostate.edu/artshum/theatrearts/images/news-events/spotlight.gif[/img]​
For this update's spotlight, our own Secretary for Culture Sacul interviewed newcomer IanSmith; although a newcomer, IanSmith has proven an active member, starting up his own business which has instantly become a regional favourite. With a little time, we are sure that IanSmith will be able to translate business success knto political success, and as a citizen with massive potential, he is a perfect subject for the spotlight. Thank you to both Sacul and IanSmith for taking part in this interview: Sacul: First off, let me thank you for wanting to participate in this interview, Ian. It is great to see how a newcomer to the region has so quickly integrated into the community, and is now an active member of our Kingdom. So let us begin. You have already been on NationStates for quite a few years, how is it that you came to create that very first nation, what was it that made you join NationStates? And more recently, what attracted you to the Kingdom of Great Britain in specific?

Ian: Well I just happened to stumble across it during one of my internet searches one day. I was searching for any kind of nation builder games and this one came up. This was way back in 2004 just so you know. As for the name of my very first nation, I selected off a star chart of systems from the Freespace 2 modverse. Tau Sigma sounded the most interesting so I decided to role with it. Its full name was the Confederacy of Tau Sigma. The Confederacy part came from the Terran Confederacy of Starcraft I.

As for the what brought me to the KGB, seeing as Rhodesia was a British colony at one point I decided to integrate with a region that had a strong British theme to it.
Sacul: I see. A true NS veteran. And, how are you liking it here so far? Is the British theme shining through, or are there things you would like to see have more Britishness to them?

Ian: I'm liking it very well here so far. The people here are nice and easy to get along with. As for the Britishness of the place, it shines though easily enough, though I would like to see the aspect of colonies thrown in here instead of just sticking to the British Isles itself. Sacul: We do actually have a colony, but to tell you the truth, I only found out now after inquiring about it. Maybe we should advertise it more to the public. On to another matter: now that you've made yourself at home here, do you have any ambitions to make a name for yourself in the Kingdom's political sphere? If so, where do your interests lie? For example, would you be interested in running for Parliament, or maybe building a career for yourself in the foreign or culture department?

Ian: I hope to become an MP or an officer in the navy at some point, and if I play my cards right maybe even PM. I've already signed on with the Cultural department considering it's on the bottom rung of the political ladder around here. Sacul: Haha, indeed, Auror is an 'open to everyone' kind of job. I look forward to seeing you run for Parliament, I'm sure you would be a very active MP. From a newcomer's point of view, do you find that you receive enough information about how the region is run, what the government is currently up to, and how you can build yourself a political career?

Ian: Yes I believe I do, though a little mentoring would be useful from one of the veterans here. Sacul: I suppose you've already signed up for the Mentor Program? And of course I am always open for questions, as are others. Don't hesitate to send somebody a PM if you need help or general advice. Then, a final question: What is your general impression of the region so far, and do you have any comments on how newcomers are welcomed and integrated into the community?

Ian: No I haven't. As for my impression, I would say this is certainly a good region for newcomers to launch their NS careers from. You get to learn a lot here. As for the integration, I have no comment other than it was welcoming enough that no one would be scared off by it. Sacul: Good to hear it. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions, it was interesting to hear a new member's opinion on the region.

Ian: No problem.

Gather around, kids. It's time to whisper among ourselves at the less fortunate.

Duke of Leinster rumoured to have sprouted wings and flu away, further reports indicate his flu went away, heated debate scheduled for the next Early Morning Motion as Parliament seeks to determine whether bird-people can serve as Parliamentarians.

Skye not seen in several days, suspicions are that a new member of the Hanover family will be announced presently, others suggest Skye is just hiding in the kitchen with all the treats.

The Rt. Hon. Prime Minister has been caught frequenting a brothel, or as other might call it, the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. Rumours of a slap concerning a cold dinner service, and demands that the Foreign Secretary 'get out an work', have been met with a petition from one million people calling for the Prime Minister's immediate knighthood.

[c]
[img=260,190]http://www.arizonafoothillsmagazine.com/valleygirlblog/wp-content/uploads/Gossip-Girl-gossip-girl-16115237-1280-1024.jpg[/img]​

[img=300,100]http://i.imgur.com/DWB5H2h.png[/img][c] This Update Has Been Brought To You By The Following:
  • The Department for Culture, Media, and Sport
  • IanSmith
  • Number 10 Downing Street
  • HBH Francis Hanover
  • AND VIEWERS LIKE YOU.... THANK YOU!

Back