Don't Break The Chain

Benolia

TNPer
-
The Chain

This topic will be used for discussions on the 19-issue story, dubbed The Chain, recently posted by Issue Editor Sanctaria on the NationStates News page. I created this to talk to you all about issues from The Chain, but you may discuss anything related to the post.

Here is a copy of the post for you lazy people:

Sanctaria:
"We need more issues", you said. "Why are the editors taking so long to edit?" you asked. "Damn those Editors are hot", you gasped. And we heard you. We did!

This year we passed 400 issues in-game. Some of them have been controversial - like that time we put in an issue that kicked a few long-term delegates out of their seats (lulz) - but most of them have been widely welcomed. We write and edit issues for your enjoyment, and we always love to hear feedback. And by "we" I mean the other editors, not me, obviously.

But! We decided to do something not really attempted before - issue chains. We've had one in-game for a while which was a trial run for what we've endearingly called The Chain. This 19-issue story has different routes in which to travel, all with different endings. Involving a conflict with a far off nation, you can either solve your problems like the diplomat you are, or you can just be a jerk about it and start killing everybody. Either way is good.

The first issue in The Chain is called Diamonds Are An Expat's Best Friend! I tell you this because this chain is a once-off per nation - if you dismiss a single issue in it, you're never going to get it again.

We've worked on this for about 18-24 months. We hope you like it and let the Team know if you spot an error. You won't though. We're good.
- [me]

Oh, this is too bad. I had 5 issues already, and so didn't get "Diamonds are an Expat's Best Friend." I would've liked to see where it would've gone.

Colonia:
The Chain

This topic will be used for discussions on the 19-issue story, dubbed The Chain, recently posted by Issue Editor Sanctaria on the NationStates News page. I created this to talk to you all about issues from The Chain, but you may discuss anything related to the post.

Sanctaria:
"We need more issues", you said. "Why are the editors taking so long to edit?" you asked. "Damn those Editors are hot", you gasped. And we heard you. We did!

This year we passed 400 issues in-game. Some of them have been controversial - like that time we put in an issue that kicked a few long-term delegates out of their seats (lulz) - but most of them have been widely welcomed. We write and edit issues for your enjoyment, and we always love to hear feedback. And by "we" I mean the other editors, not me, obviously.

But! We decided to do something not really attempted before - issue chains. We've had one in-game for a while which was a trial run for what we've endearingly called The Chain. This 19-issue story has different routes in which to travel, all with different endings. Involving a conflict with a far off nation, you can either solve your problems like the diplomat you are, or you can just be a jerk about it and start killing everybody. Either way is good.

The first issue in The Chain is called Diamonds Are An Expat's Best Friend! I tell you this because this chain is a once-off per nation - if you dismiss a single issue in it, you're never going to get it again.

We've worked on this for about 18-24 months. We hope you like it and let the Team know if you spot an error. You won't though. We're good.
- [class=member]Colonia[/class]
Is this for everyone?

This came in one of the first batches of issues I received. I'm so neutral, I broke the chain without knowing what it was until later. :P I'm still not particularly sorry for doing so, but the International Incident series was a good idea and nicely executed.

I've not yet seen this issue arise in my nation. It sounds interesting, I hope it pops through and gives me a chance to see where it goes :yes:

Argh and other foul verbiage; I dismissed and broke the chain before I knew anything about it. Slightly confused as to why the Chain can not be reintroduced to those who initially dismiss. Yes, some code must be written but the concept is great (opinion).

Has thought been given to reintroducing to those who initially dismissed?

PLEASE

Britain v3:
H i am just wondering where Gladio I has gone. He used to bet the figurehead but is no longer. Also who created TNP
The so-called 'old guard': flemingovia, Grosseschnauzer, Erastide (definitely new guard as well, Thyatira's brother (the original TNP mapmaker) and, possibly others.

Gladio: Jul 8 2018, 03:55 AM, if you didn't already know.

Benolia:
The Chain

Sanctaria:

- [class=citizen]Benolia[/class]
Wow Guys

Back