ARCHIVED: Drought Relief Supplies | The Cascadian Commonwealth

Benolia

TNPer
-
rsz_cascadian_flag_croped.png

The Cascadian Commonwealth
Drought Relief Supplies and Receptacles

Current Suppliers: Syrixia, Eumenor, Territorio di Nessuno, New Sekai, Darcania, Plembobria, Sadakoyama, Guslantis, and Ryccia

This thread will be used to RP relief supplies for Cascadia's annual drought. See below for more details.

NOTICE:

The amount of food all of you have delivered should sustain Cascadia through the drought season. With all of the desalination plants, we should have enough water. I would like to focus attentions on researching ways to stop further droughts.

Total Grains and Rice Donated: 12,144,999 lbs

Due to a growing abundance of university graduates and not enough jobs, we are sending a group of highly capable engineers to Cascadia's desalination plants. They all have at least masters' degrees.

We will also be sending ?1.000.000|00 to help Cascadia build new plants. This sum in Aureias is equivalent to $1,500,000; so it should help a lot.

virgin-islands-flag.gif

EGALOTIR MINISTRY OF HUMANITARIAN AID​

Press Release 03/21/2015:

The nation of Egalotir, in the spirit of aiding fellow countries, has donated 5 million pounds of grains to the Cascadian Commonwealth. We hope that aid will be useful and help the nation's food storage recover.

Thank you,
Lillian McNelly
Minister of Humanitarian Aid

(OOC: Ega, I thought you can't use the TNP flag for non-official non-TNP government things, which this is.)

Rice or Wheat? Why not both!

*it faces the window and shouting to a passerby*

"Ehi you, what day is today?"

"T-today? Today is the first day of Spring."

"No, today is the day when you will reap all the Rice and Wheat that you will find and will ship it to Cascadia!"

Guslantis and Ryccia, you could pitch in money for water receptacles. As much as everyone has helped, we are still in dire need of water; Not just for drinking, but for crops and sewage. The worst of the drought season is yet to come, so we need to store as much as possible. Thanks to Nessuno and Egalotir for the food, and thanks to Syrixia and Eumenor for financing new reservoirs.

- [me]

We are going to sent 100,000 personals from our military emergencies units (Part of our armed forces.) and a economy aid ($1 Million ($1,000,000.00)) to combat your nation's drought.

Syrixia would like to note that we have good relations with your neighbor to the east the United States of America. (OOC: I'm from there) If possible, we could request their assistance as well. By obtaining their trust, most of its allies across the globe will probably assist too, and your recovery will exceed TNP's agenda and ascend to the global agenda, thus making it much more speedy.

Syrixia:
Syrixia would like to note that we have good relations with your neighbor to the east the United States of America. (OOC: I'm from there) If possible, we could request their assistance as well. By obtaining their trust, most of its allies across the globe will probably assist too, and your recovery will exceed TNP's agenda and ascend to the global agenda, thus making it much more speedy.
Cascadia is great allies with the United States (OOC: I live there too...). We could certainly ask them for aid. I'll send them a request.

- [me]

Guslantis would like to know how much money is required to get the required facilities so that our Ministry of Finance may discuss it over at HQ.

I would also recommend creating programmes to inform your citizens on how to save water. Put in place restrictions on how much water can be used per household, and ban hosepipe use for a period of time.
Eumenor would then like to send some of our NPTOPF troops to create a new irrigation system for you. We will dig artificial rivers and channels to keep your crops irrigated. Our containers will continue to import water, reservoirs will continue to be built, as will desalination plants, and you will save your water more responsibly. Therefore, your crisis will be solved in the short term.
What is your ground water level like? I am not an expert in this field, so know very little about possible longer term solutions to fix the issue.

The Monarchy agrees with Eumenor to sending troops from our organization. As such, another NPTOPF operation, Operation Olive Georgia will be put into effect with your permission. The commander will be Guslantis' own Andrea Reeder, a local scientist devoted to chemistry. Her team, 300 non-combat scientists, and any other teams will help bring water back to Cascadia. While it is our mission to provide peace, NPTO would like to assist this effort.

In addition, the Ministry of Finance has looked over your request, and can contribute triple the amount needed, equally $3,000,000. This money is coming from the fund that was being collected for our new Ministry of Science. However, we as a nation believe that this is a worthy cause that will lead to a boost of funds to build the Ministry of Science in the future.

(OOC: Personally, I think RL nations don't exist IC.)

A comprehensive relief package is currently making its way through Parliament. Your government will be informed once Parliament has passed it.

- Minister for Customs & Trade Stacee Amberly.

Syrixia agrees with Eumenor and Guslantis that an NPTOPF operation sending scientists and engineers to Cascadia would help a lot at the moment.

Xentherida offers to donate 50,000 kg (roughly 110,000 lbs) of various crops, including rice, wheat, corn and barley; this being due to the fact of an incredible surplus from the harvest. This was achieved by regular silver-iodine shelling, which incurs cloud seeding and thusforth rain; the silver iodine we also wish to donate.
We also wish to give 500kg of GM'd plant seeds that do not require as much water, although they give a slightly smaller yield of food.
Finally, we offer construction workers to build potential highly-efficient desalination plants across the vast coastline, along with a loan of W12,000,000 (US$30,000,000) to fund these projects. However, we request that this be paid off within 5 years.

Xentherida:
Xentherida offers to donate 50,000 kg (roughly 110,000 lbs) of various crops, including rice, wheat, corn and barley; this being due to the fact of an incredible surplus from the harvest. This was achieved by regular silver-iodine shelling, which incurs cloud seeding and thusforth rain; the silver iodine we also wish to donate.
We also wish to give 500kg of GM'd plant seeds that do not require as much water, although they give a slightly smaller yield of food.
Finally, we offer construction workers to build potential highly-efficient desalination plants across the vast coastline, along with a loan of W12,000,000 (US$30,000,000) to fund these projects. However, we request that this be paid off within 5 years.
Awesome! That's a lot. Thanks so much!

Our 3rd engineer battalion is awaiting NPTO clearance. They are currently on stand-by alert and will be deployed with enough resources to construct three atmospheric water generators (source), which can produce about 30,000 liters of drinking water per day combined (source 2), with the possibility to construct ten more once the material is in place. Meanwhile, we would like to donate 40 tons of food-grade crops as well as 15 tons of grains for animal fodder.
The only thing we demand in return is that the atmospheric water generators to be returned when this situation is over, and that operation of the generators is done by local personnel. We also would like a place to set up battalion command, as well as five sites for the company bases

Tronkandal's 3rd engineer battalion has recently been cleared. All things good from the NPTO side; when Tronkandal is ready and Cascadia has commented and/or approved you can get them started on construction.

Syrixia:
Tronkandal's 3rd engineer battalion has recently been cleared. All things good from the NPTO side; when Tronkandal is ready and Cascadia has commented and/or approved you can get them started on construction.
Approved. They can begin construction at Port Angeles. His project manager can meet with Cascadia's Minister of Construction at the town hall tomorrow to discuss.

Cheers,

Cascadia

Our construction workers request locations as to where they can commence the construction of the desalination plants. Also, the supplies should have arrived in your main port by now. Use them wisely, and if you need more, just ask.

Xentherida:
Our construction workers request locations as to where they can commence the construction of the desalination plants. Also, the supplies should have arrived in your main port by now. Use them wisely, and if you need more, just ask.
You can build one in Vancouver, our capital. Port Angeles and Seattle would also work.

The Supplies have arrived in Port Angeles. hank you.

Cascadia:
Xentherida:
You can build one in Vancouver, our capital. Port Angeles and Seattle would also work.

The Supplies have arrived in Port Angeles. hank you.
Oh no, I've hanked you.

My bad,

[me]

logo_838628_il67l619b8_web.png
page-divider.gif

To the leaders of Cascadia,

Speaking on behalf of Bona Mare Inc., the disaster that your nation is encompassed in is a true tragedy, unforeseen and causing food shortages and (obviously) water shortages. Bona Mare Inc. has been watching the developing situation, waiting for it to improve or cease, but we have seen declining conditions in Cascadia. This, working with the government of Dalies, is the reason why there is help on the way. It is no surprise that Bona Mare cares about the North Pacific and helping fellow citizens of the region is only one of the social responsibilities we have to the area. That, as contracted by the government of Dalies, is why help is on the way.

The nation of Cascadia can expect a shipment of wheat, millet, assorted dry goods and a few million gallons of fresh drinking water to the port of your choice. The crops and dry goods will be transported by two Velomar Dry Bulk Carriers, filled with approximately 98 deadweight tons of wheat, millet, and dry goods. The fresh water will be transported by Velomar LPG Carrier, adapted to carry the required amount of water, amounting to around 35,650,000 gallons of fresh water. This water is good to use as irrigation, drinking, cooking, and personal hygiene. The water can be used for sewage, but prefers that irrigation and drinking are the main uses for the water.

The corporation, in partnership of the government of Dalies, wishes you the best of luck in these challenging times. We are determined to ease any issues that are arising with this damaging and devastating drought. Personally, I hope this is a beginning of new friendship between Cascadia and Bona Mare Inc. coupled with Dalies. We wish for the best for you and your people.

-Leon Kline, CEO of Bona Mare Inc.
page-divider.gif

dmb615:
logo_838628_il67l619b8_web.png
page-divider.gif

To the leaders of Cascadia,

Speaking on behalf of Bona Mare Inc., the disaster that your nation is encompassed in is a true tragedy, unforeseen and causing food shortages and (obviously) water shortages. Bona Mare Inc. has been watching the developing situation, waiting for it to improve or cease, but we have seen declining conditions in Cascadia. This, working with the government of Dalies, is the reason why there is help on the way. It is no surprise that Bona Mare cares about the North Pacific and helping fellow citizens of the region is only one of the social responsibilities we have to the area. That, as contracted by the government of Dalies, is why help is on the way.

The nation of Cascadia can expect a shipment of wheat, millet, assorted dry goods and a few million gallons of fresh drinking water to the port of your choice. The crops and dry goods will be transported by two Velomar Dry Bulk Carriers, filled with approximately 98 deadweight tons of wheat, millet, and dry goods. The fresh water will be transported by Velomar LPG Carrier, adapted to carry the required amount of water, amounting to around 35,650,000 gallons of fresh water. This water is good to use as irrigation, drinking, cooking, and personal hygiene. The water can be used for sewage, but prefers that irrigation and drinking are the main uses for the water.

The corporation, in partnership of the government of Dalies, wishes you the best of luck in these challenging times. We are determined to ease any issues that are arising with this damaging and devastating drought. Personally, I hope this is a beginning of new friendship between Cascadia and Bona Mare Inc. coupled with Dalies. We wish for the best for you and your people.

-Leon Kline, CEO of Bona Mare Inc.
page-divider.gif
Dear CEO Leon Kline:

We cannot thank you enough. The supplies you will be delivering will surely be put to good use, and we know our people will be glad to see the Carriers rolling in. You can send them to Port Angeles, and we will distribute them accordingly. When can we expect the shipment to arrive?

Thank you again,

President Ethan Archer
and Prime Minister Joshua Rush

- [me]

The Kingdom of DavidLand has an annual allowance of foreign aid. Utilizing this we are prepared to send 3 full cargo ships of grains, encompassing :
* 200,000 kg of wheat
* 150,000 kg of rice
* 80,000 kg of barley
* 70,000 kg of corn (maize)

In addition, Agro-Tech corp. has offered reduced seed prices for farmers in Cascadia through the remainder of the year.

~~signed
~Albert Moore Smith, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of DavidLand

david_:
The Kingdom of DavidLand has an annual allowance of foreign aid. Utilizing this we are prepared to send 3 full cargo ships of grains, encompassing :
* 200,000 kg of wheat
* 150,000 kg of rice
* 80,000 kg of barley
* 70,000 kg of corn (maize)

In addition, Agro-Tech corp. has offered reduced seed prices for farmers in Cascadia through the remainder of the year.

~~signed
~Albert Moore Smith, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of DavidLand
Thank you for the support.

As a note to everyone, we have reached a sustainable point in our food production, and no more dry goods will be needed. I will update the OP accordingly.

Xentherida suggests cloud seeding, using silver iodine, potassium iodine, liquid propane, or just dry ice. This works by placing some of the above material into an artillery shell and firing it from a piece of artillery, or distribution by aircraft; only small amounts are needed (1g-2g). Since Xentherida has moderately large quantities of silver iodine, we offer to sell these to Cascadia. Whenever precipitation is below the average, fire some silver iodine shells into the atmosphere regularly, once a week. This should cause rain.

OOC: This is modern tech; cloud seeding was actually discovered in 1946. If you want to be a little bit more modern, firing infra-red pulses into the sky also works (this was tested in 2011).

As aid provided by other nations seems to suffice, and since the Kingdom of Plembobria has already contributed 367 million plemps worth of food aid to the Commonwealth. The Treasury will contribute another 286 million plemps for research purposes.

-Minister for Customs & Trade Stacee Amberly

Dear Cascadia,

The nation of New England West has been following the recent updates on the drought situation in Cascadia, and after getting permission from the the legislative body, is now sending relief to Cascadia. In the next few days, your nation should have relief supplies coming from NEW. We are sending 1,000,000 gallons of clean drinking water, from our Emergency Relief Stockpile. Along with the water, your nation will also receive some of NEW's finest scientists to help come up with a solution to this recurring problem. My Secretary of State is awaiting your choice of ports and your shipment will be sent. If your nation needs any other help, NEW will gladly provide it.

Sincerely, President King.

ColossusKing:
Dear Cascadia,

The nation of New England West has been following the recent updates on the drought situation in Cascadia, and after getting permission from the the legislative body, is now sending relief to Cascadia. In the next few days, your nation should have relief supplies coming from NEW. We are sending 1,000,000 gallons of clean drinking water, from our Emergency Relief Stockpile. Along with the water, your nation will also receive some of NEW's finest scientists to help come up with a solution to this recurring problem. My Secretary of State is awaiting your choice of ports and your shipment will be sent. If your nation needs any other help, NEW will gladly provide it.

Sincerely, President King.
Thank you for the water NEW, though it isn't our top priority anymore. I can't wait to work with your scientist on fixing this problem. You can send your supplies to Port Angeles, Cascadia.

plembobria:
As aid provided by other nations seems to suffice, and since the Kingdom of Plembobria has already contributed 367 million plemps worth of food aid to the Commonwealth. The Treasury will contribute another 286 million plemps for research purposes.

-Minister for Customs & Trade Stacee Amberly
How much would that be in US Dollars? For the research part, I mean.

Dear Cascadia,

Upon hearing that your nation has enough water for the drought season, but needed more research on a way to solve this problem, I have called upon more scientists and a Company of Engineers from the Army Corps of Engineers, to move to a location designated by your staff, to help and build the necessary infrastructure to start fixing this drought. This not only should provide you with the intellectual force but the man power force needed to tackle this problem.

Sincerely, President King, NEW

Back