United Kingdom Foreign Office:[table=2,]His Majesty's Government[c]Parliament of United Kingdom[c]Prime Minister: Daniel C. A. North
Deputy Prime Minister: Andrew B. Fraser
First Secretary: Henry F. Beaufort
Home Secretary: Charles Fraser
Foreign Secretary: Richard A. Stewart
Defence Secretary: Vac Mikaelson
Culture Secretariat: Klaus Mikaelson
Director of MI5: Constance St.James
Attorney General: Charles Fraser[hr]Chief Justice: Edwin Astor
Sr. Associate Justice: William Kudrow
Jr. Associate Justice: Sede Vacante
[c]Speaker of Parliament: Tony Benn [hr]Victoria C. E. Stewart, Baroness Kensington
Daniel C. A. North, Earl Oxford[hr] Richard Stewart of Northern England (IND)
Michael Stewart of Southern England (DUP)
Tony Benn of Wales (BRP)
Vac Mikaelson of Scotland (IND)
Sandy Mack of Northern Ireland (BRP)[hr]Majority: No Organised Majority
Loyal Opposition: No Organised Minority
[/table][hr]Stamps Donors Appreciated:In February His Majesty Government begun a quite successful stamp drive filling our reserves for the foreseeable future. In appreciation for those who give to support the UK it was announced that they would qualify for stamps. The stamps were unveiled featuring United Kingdom's Monarchs and important institutions.[img=65,75]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/10000_zpseiwzdyuw.png[/img][img=65,75]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/20000_zps3cvrsjwq.png[/img][img=65,75]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/30000_zpsyj3t1mah.png[/img][img=65,75]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/40000_zpsr7fgd7e4.png[/img][img=65,75]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/50000_zps7lsxa0rq.png[/img]
[img=65,75]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/60000_zpskzcyipsw.png[/img][img=65,75]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/70000_zps1tb5ygde.png[/img][img=65,75]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/80000_zpszvpdksls.png[/img][img=65,75]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/90000_zpstsjtsgcb.png[/img][img=65,75]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/100000_zpssnekende.png[/img][hr]February General Election:[img=675,350]http://i.imgur.com/QpLwyQI.png[/img]
Daniel North wins crushing victory in PM race
The February 2015 election will not be remembered as a sea change in UK politics, with the results after the election largely resembling the state of play before. The headline figure was Daniel North's re-election to serve his first full term as Prime Minister. His only opponent was BRP leader Vac Mikaelson. As the stats above show, the BRP was the largest party with 42% of first round votes in parliamentary races, but North showed that personal following can trump party labels, reducing Mikaelson down to 12%.
Nevertheless, the BRP won three seats to become the largest party in Parliament, continuing the trend of largest parties having a slight over-representation in the chamber. The DUP's vote share was helped immensely by having no opposition in Southern England, a fact which also accounts for the 5% of all votes cast going to a write-in candidate in that race.
In the aftermath, Charles Fraser has been elected BRP leader and Vac Mikaelson has left the party, reducing the BRP to two MPs. If North chooses to run again for Downing Street, any opponent is going to need a very large swing.[hr]Something Fun:"What do you despise? By this you are truly known." –Frank HerbertIn late February, the Culture Ministry hosted a theme week based centering around What members found to be the worst in various categories. the winner of the contests were
Worst Music Group/Artist Crazy Frog, Submitted by Sandy P. Mack
Worst President Warren Jeff, Submitted by Leonardo (see the thread for explanation)
Worst Book Crime and Punishment, Submitted by Daniel C.A. North
Worst Monarch Henry VI, Submitted by Edward A. PhillipMinistry of Culture Funniest Joke Contest
The Ministry of Culture has been hosting a 'Funniest Joke Contest'. The winning joke has not yet been announced, however, we thought you might like to laugh at a few entries!
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman all work on a building site. They sit on top of the building, and compare packed lunches.
"Grr," says the Englishman. "Beef sandwiches again. My wife always gives me beef sandwiches. If I get another beef sandwich tomorrow I'll jump right off this building!"
"Grr," says the Scotsman. "Haggis sandwiches again. My wife always gives me haggis sandwiches. If I get another haggis sandwich tomorrow I'll jump right off this building!"
"Grr," says the Irishman. "Jam sandwiches again. My wife always gives me jam sandwiches. If I get another jam sandwich tomorrow I'll jump right off this building!"
The next day the three men open their packed lunches.
"Beef!" exclaims the Englishman, and jumps off the building to his death.
"Haggis!" shouts the Scotsman, and follows the Englishman over the edge.
"Jam!" moans the Irishman, and jumps off the edge to his death too.
At the funeral, the three wives are talking.
"If he didn't like beef, he only had to say," says the Englishman's wife. "If he didn't like haggis, he only had to say," sobs the Scotsman's wife.
"I don't understand," says the Irishman's wife. "He made his own sandwiches..."
Q: What's the difference between David Cameron and an airfix model?
A: One's a glueless kit, the other's a clueless git.
Why can't atheists solve exponential equations?
Because they don't believe in higher powers[hr][img=200,100]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/BAFFlag_zps3b1e47d3.png[/img]On March 3rd The Secretary of Defence, Vac Mikaelson, issued a statement to parliament on the "Status of the Ministry of defense." He began by recognizing Colonel (RET) Alexander W.G. Stewart, for "establishing... our current organizational structure" as well as our logos and flag. Colonel Mikaelson, relayed to Parliament the completeion of Operation Bute, the raiding and holding of "The Great Britain and Eire that was founded and run for some time by the infamous NationStates terrorist Tyler Kazakov."
The Treaty of Anslow
The Foreign Office has spent the past few weeks in talks with the Dear Leader Zenny of The Communist Bloc in order to establish relations. After hours of negotiating, both parties agreed to two main points; non-aggression and a military alliance. You can read the full treaty below!
The Treaty of Anslow
We, the United Kingdom and The Communist Bloc, enter into this treaty in the spirit of comradeship and to preserve and develop the strong foundation of friendship between our two regions that is built upon common ideals and a collective resolve for world unity.
Article I: Non-Aggression between Signatories
1. United Kingdom recognises the constitution, government and laws of The Communist Bloc as legitimate and agrees not to destabilise or overthrow them or to contribute to any other region in doing so.
2. United Kingdom, in order to advance our friendship, further agrees to offer support in the event that another region, entity, organisation or individual attempts to overthrow or challenge the legitimacy of the government of The Communist Bloc.
3. The Communist Bloc recognises the constitution, government and laws of United Kingdom as legitimate and agrees not to destabilise or overthrow them or to contribute to any other region in doing so.
4. The Communist Bloc, in order to advance our friendship, further agrees to offer support in the event that another region, entity, organisation or individual attempts to overthrow or challenge the legitimacy of the government of United Kingdom.
5. The undersigned will make every effort to share any intelligence concerning the security of the other region with the appropriate officers of that region. This shall include but is not limited to known; offensive plans, spam attacks or any other type of forum sabotage.
6. The Undersigned further agree to not conduct any form of intelligence operations inside the other region.
Article II: Cooperation between Signatories
1. The Undersigned agree to host delegations for one another on their forums.
2. The Undersigned agree to collaborate on joint military training exercises, at the discretion of each region's government, respectively.
3. The Undersigned agree to create in-game embassies for one another in their regional Nationstates areas.
Article III: Defence of a Signatory Region
1. Should the security of the region of United Kingdom or her colonies be threatened or compromised, The Communist Bloc will make every effort to provide military aid at the request of the government of United Kingdom.
2. Should the security of the region of The Communist Bloc be threatened or compromised, United Kingdom will make every effort to provide military aid at the request of the government of The Communist Bloc.
Article IV: Termination of Treaty
1. If a Signatory region wishes to terminate this treaty, five days’ notice must be given on the forum of the other region.
2. Termination of this treaty shall not be seen as an act of war or hostility.
This update was brought to you by the
~ Foreign and Commonwealth Office ~
on behalf of His Majesty, His Government and His Citizens.[hr]Respectfully, His Majesty's Diplomatic Service