Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Mentoring Program

Egalotir

TNPer

mofa_seal.png

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Mentoring Program

Everyone who's worked in foreign affairs in NationStates knows the feeling of their first assignment as an ambassador. Maybe you've just gotten used to the community you joined some time ago, and now your job is to enter a whole new one and represent your home officially. Or maybe you've been a part of your home community for quite some time, and wonder how you'll adjust to this new assignment and take part in this new community.

In order to hopefully make everyone in the Diplomatic Corps more successful at their jobs, Minister of Foreign Affairs Egalotir has introduced the Mentoring Program. This program is designed to pair up less-experienced ambassadors with more-experienced ones. The elder ambassadors can help the junior ones with how to respond to questions abroad, how to take part in foreign communities, and how to handle the details of the job - posting updates, posting reports back home, et cetera.

We're going to open this program up by letting people who think they have the experience and the motivation to volunteer to be mentors for junior ambassadors of the Diplomatic Corps. As a mentor, your job will be to answer any questions your junior ambassador may have about their job, help them acclimate to their new community, and be a teacher to them. You should hold weekly meetings with your junior ambassador, giving them the time to ask you questions, help with writing reports, and so on.

In addition, we will be beginning a report writing course run by Deputy Minister Myroria, designed to help make updates you post here about your assigned region standardized and of a high quality. We are also going to have informal seminars from time to time to help each other learn about some common duties and responsibilities you have as a member of the Corps. If you are interested in running one of these informal seminars, please contact Minister Egalotir or Deputy Minister Myroria.

We all hope to see lots of activity and encourage everyone to help make the Diplomatic Corps better!

List of Mentors and their junior ambassadors:
Democratic Republic of Tomb - Kostemestia and Corporal Clegg
Cascadia - Llamanation,Xen
Andrew - Ryccia
Malvad - Mr. Insanity
Ravenclaw - Azreal,

I would also like to add a huge thank you to Myroria to helping draft this program.

Considering I haven't exactly been here long and I was out of foreign affairs for a long time before that, I'd like to volunteer for the post of junior ambassador, please.

I also want to volunteer for the junior ambassador post.

I would be more than happy and willing to serve as mentor, and I would also be interested in giving seminars if ever needed.

~ Tomb

I have recently been admitted to the ambassador program and I would like to apply for the Junior Ambassador program if you please.

Thanks! :)

Thank you for applying. I updated the OP and for those offering to be mentors, I ask for you to pick your mentoree/aid and you can begin introducing each other, the regions you are ambassadors to, and etc.

You do not need to be an ambassador to sign up to be mentored. You will have plenty of others things you can assist your mentor with, along with learning for the time you do gain an ambassadorial position.

The seminars will begin this week. If you are interested in hosting one, please let me know.

Thanks,
Egalotir

I'd like to volunteer as a mentor of some kind rather than any diplomatic postings. My strengths lie in teaching and policy - I'm also effective for government to government discussions due to my history and reputation with various places.

Lord Ravenclaw:
I'd like to volunteer as a mentor of some kind rather than any diplomatic postings. My strengths lie in teaching and policy - I'm also effective for government to government discussions due to my history and reputation with various places.
Thank you, Raven. You would be a great mentor indeed. Minister Egalotir will assign you with someone shortly.

~ Tomb

Excellent. It's been far too long since I last indoctrinated some innocents.

Excellent. Now the question is, do I use carrot and stick or tightrope over Mt Doom? >:D

I will need a stock of bodybags.

Raven edit: initial contact message has been sent; cc'd Tomb and Egalotir.

I would also like to be a junior ambassador. Don't have a preference as to who would be my mentor.

I would like a mentor as well, to help and guide me on my ambassadorial ventures. I'd prefer either Cascadia or Lord Ravenclaw.

I'm supposed to get my first assignment tomorrow, so I think that I will want a mentor, preferably Lord Ravenclaw.

Though not an ambassador in TNP myself, I have worked in Foreign Affairs in several regions and feel comfortable being a mentor to whoever needs it.

Thank you Myroria.

Yayness, Syrixia and Darcania; I'm going to be rather busy with this appointment and with events in Lazarus being what they are.

Give me a little while to sort out who is doing what and I'll assign you to mentors, I'm afraid that they most likely, won't be me (and will probably be better).

I'd like to become a junior ambassador - when should I expect to be assigned something? I was accepted a week or so ago.

Cascadia, please take both AtriarWraith and Socius.

Back