Draft: Education Ministry

Discord
COE#7110
This year has seen the creation of a new executive ministry: the Ministry of Education. Former Delegate mcmasterdonia highlighted The North Pacific University in his most recent campaign for delegate, and announced on January 19th that he had appointed Malvad the new minister of education. "The University was a major part of my campaign, and I will be delighted to see TNPU achieve huge heights of success under this Ministry," said the new delegate. He then reminded the region of his goal to create a lecture series hosted by the university.

Mcmasterdonia's subsequent bouts of inactivity and ultimate resignation have made for slow progress in Malvad's ministry, but the lecture program is projected to begin in the first half of March. There are unconfirmed reports that the first lecture will cover aspects of NationStates gameplay ideologies, but the lecturer has not yet been announced. In addition to the lecture series, which will cover NS-related topics, Malvad also plans to offer university classes to any interested student. When asked about the upcoming classes, Malvad said "Classes will be for more real life topics ... [they] will be divided into lessons and provide another source of long term learning."

Of late, the university forums have been mostly used for casual discussion of academic topics, and previous efforts to organize university programs have suffered from lack of public interest and participation. Funkadelia, an instructor appointed by Malvad, hopes that this new initiative will retain the interest of students and create lasting activity. "I hope that the substance and my own personality will be enough to keep people engaged," said Funkadelia. "I can't really shove the class into peoples' faces and force them to enjoy it, so I just hope people will be interested in learning more about the history of the United States from an objective point of view." Funkadelia will be teaching a class on the history of United States foreign policy in March.

"I think there is an element of disinterest, but that is why we are doing what we are doing," said Malvad. "We are setting up these programs to draw interest from different groups and to keep the university active." The Voting Rights Act, passed last December, made it easier for nations who are not interested in government to participate actively as citizens. That may make it easier for the new ministry to recruit interested students. Only time will tell if Malvad and the new delegate will be able to build the university into an active center for intellectual growth, or whether the historical issues with public interest will prove too deeply rooted to overcome.

No backtalk from the troops here. Concise, brief, succinct.

If I had to make a comment I'd say that I wished it'd end on a less ambiguous and more positive note, but I got my start as an unabashed propagandist so I might be wrong on that.

Final draft:
This year has seen the creation of a new executive ministry: the Ministry of Education. In his most recent campaign for delegate, mcmasterdonia highlighted The North Pacific University, and announced on January 19th that he had appointed Malvad the new minister of education. "The University was a major part of my campaign, and I will be delighted to see TNPU achieve huge heights of success under this Ministry," he announced, reminding the region of his goal to create a lecture series hosted by the university.

Mcmasterdonia's subsequent bouts of inactivity and ultimate resignation have made for slow progress in Malvad's ministry, but the lecture program is projected to begin in the first half of March. There are unconfirmed reports that the first lecture will cover aspects of NationStates gameplay ideologies, but the lecturer has not yet been announced. In addition to the lecture series, which will cover NS-related topics, Malvad also plans to offer university classes to any interested student. When asked about the upcoming classes, Malvad said "Classes will be for more real life topics ... [they] will be divided into lessons and provide another source of long term learning."

Of late, the university forums have been mostly used for casual discussion of academic topics, and previous efforts to organize university programs have suffered from lack of public interest and participation. Funkadelia, an instructor appointed by Malvad, hopes that this new initiative will retain the interest of students and create lasting activity. "I hope that the substance and my own personality will be enough to keep people engaged," said Funkadelia. "I can't really shove the class into peoples' faces and force them to enjoy it, so I just hope people will be interested in learning more about the history of the United States from an objective point of view." Funkadelia's class will begin in March.

"I think there is an element of disinterest, but that is why we are doing what we are doing," said Malvad. "We are setting up these programs to draw interest from different groups and to keep the university active." The Voting Rights Act, passed last December, made it easier for nations who are not interested in government to participate actively as citizens. That may make it easier for the new ministry to recruit interested students. Only time will tell if Malvad and the new delegate will be able to build the university into an active center for intellectual growth, or whether the historical issues with public interest will prove too deeply rooted to overcome.

Back