LEGO and KFC 4 Life

If you are an esteemed genius, progressive leader of mankind or glorious comrade you most certainly enjoy LEGO and KFC.

What is your favorite LEGO theme? Do you like licensed themes or original ones better? My favorite is LEGO City. I have a really rockin' LEGO town with a powerful police force that fights the criminals and invading enemies like supervillains and Chima "aliens" that attack the town. I use the LEGO Movie police stuff for my SWAT team and Star Wars blasters make good guns for my minifigures.

Do you love KFC? What do you usually get at KFC? I like getting big buckets of original recipe chicken, but sometimes I just get a four piece meal. Have you ever noticed that American KFC is a little different than Canadian KFC? They are both excellent though! Do you eat KFC often? You should because it is good for your soul.

I don't enjoy LEGO or KFC.
That means I must be neither an esteemed genius, progressive leader of mankind, nor a glorious comrade.
I must be an alien from outer space. Way outer space.

Random LEGO fun fact: The abbreviation of LEGO is not an acronym, just the abbreviation of the Danish, "leg godt", meaning "play well". Now you know!

I love LEGO, the themes i like are those related to the films (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter) but also vintage LEGO. I also have some video games.

I'm italian, so i never eat KFC.

Nessuno:
I love LEGO, the themes i like are those related to the films (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter) but also vintage LEGO. I also have some video games.

You should write a letter to the Duce and ask him to promote Italy to KFC and other fast food companies. You must experience KFC.

Bootsie:
Random LEGO fun fact: The abbreviation of LEGO is not an acronym, just the abbreviation of the Danish, "leg godt", meaning "play well". Now you know!
maxresdefault.jpg

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
Bootsie:
Interestingly enough, in Ancient Greek, 'lego' means 'I choose'.
You mean Latin? Ancient Greek doesn't have some of those letters even...

Darcania:
Bootsie:
Interestingly enough, in Ancient Greek, 'lego' means 'I choose'.
You mean Latin? Ancient Greek doesn't have some of those letters even...
I don't have a greek keyboard, but it's spelled lambda, epsilon, gamma, omega. Lego in Latin means 'I read'. Actually I was wrong, it means 'I Speak' in Greek anyway, so I'll edit that. I got confused because the Second (strong) aorist of lego is eipon, smooth breathing on the diphthong, so I didn't make the link. What an idiot.

For clarification, the Aorist tense is a past tense in Ancient Greek, like the Perfect in Latin, except there is in Greek another separate perfect. There are several ways to form an Aorist, the first (weak) aorist is just the present stem, plus an augment (e') on the front, and a sigma before the ending. The second (strong) aorist is harder, because the stem changes. So words like ago (I lead) become egagon because of stuff like augmentation and reduplication. It's really hard to explain without being able to write in Greek! Zetaboards won't support it:-(

I don't have a greek keyboard, but it's spelled lambda, epsilon, gamma, omega. Lego in Latin means 'I read'. Actually I was wrong, it means 'I Speak' in Greek anyway, so I'll edit that. I got confused because the Second (strong) aorist of lego is eipon, smooth breathing on the diphthong, so I didn't make the link. What an idiot.
Lego in Latin can also mean "I choose". The English word "elect" actually comes from eligo (ex + lego) (namely, the perfect past participle, electum).

Darcania:
Lego in Latin can also mean "I choose". The English word "elect" actually comes from eligo (ex + lego) (namely, the perfect past participle, electum).
Yeah, I know. Sorry 'bout that. There's the problem when you do two similar languages, you forget what's what! Like in Greek, 'letter' is epistule, and in latin, it's epistula, which is easy enough to remember, but then it declines completely differently. And sometimes in Latin I write 'ago' when I mean 'duco', e.t.c.

Yeah, I know. Sorry 'bout that. There's the problem when you do two similar languages, you forget what's what! Like in Greek, 'letter' is epistule, and in latin, it's epistula, which is easy enough to remember, but then it declines completely differently. And sometimes in Latin I write 'ago' when I mean 'duco', e.t.c.
At one point, I was learning Java and Javascript at the same time. I ended up having to drop Javascript because they were too similar.

I also like how a thread on LEGO and KFC turned into a conversation about Latin and Greek.

I tried to learn Python but I was crap. Yeah, I think this is a positive thread jack tho.
Then I guess this thread, like so many other things, belongs to the Romans.

Empire of Narnia:
Nessuno:

You should write a letter to the Duce and ask him to promote Italy to KFC and other fast food companies. You must experience KFC.
It's easier to export it in Territorio di Nessuno. :P

My favorite LEGO from the LEGO City theme was the Space Shuttle.

I love fried chicken. KFC is dah bomb.

The End.

Back