[CLOSED] Outer Space Treaty

The Empire of Kannex refuses to sign the North Pacific Outer Space Treaty. The Kaiserreich takes issue especially with the prohibition on national space development. Without the extension of national sovereignty into extra-atmospheric regions, there will be little incentive from governmental and non-governmental organizations to colonize space. Item #7 is impossible to enforce; on one hand the treaty lops responsibility for non-governmental organizations' activities in space to national governments, yet the treaty forbids extending the protections of government into space. While we understand is meant to facilitate the expansion of mankind into space, the treaty is both self-defeating in purpose and contradictory. We will not abide by this treaty. We will, however, pledge to never begin the militarization and weaponization of space without provocation. We will not be the first to launch Star Wars initiatives.

I was instructed by the Queen personally to sign this treaty, as the launch of the PigletXR1 will mean more Guslants in space.

-Andrea Reeder
Minister of Science

Despite having reservations about the treaty as it stands, both Sadakoyama and Ceretis are interested in working with your group, especially in the International Space Station currently under discussion. To that end, we wish to propose the attached treaty under which such cooperation could more easily proceed.

Sadakoyama – Ceretis – OSTO Space Treaty.

We, the undersigned, recognizing the importance of maintaining Outer Space as an environment for all sapient kind to explore, exploit, and inhabit, hereby institute this treaty governing the activities of the individuals, organizations and nations we represent in our common future in outer space.

1. The exploration and exploitation of outer space by the signatories shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all sapient entities;

2. The signatories shall not consider outer space as a whole to be exclusive domain of any one nation or group, but remain open to opportunity for exploration and exploitation by all;

3. The Moon and other natural celestial bodies, whether held in common trust or claimed, in whole or in part, by economic or political entities, shall not be used by the signatories in the pursuit of military objectives or as tools of belligerent pursuit or prosecution of political or ideological supremacy;

4. Joint projects undertaken under this agreement shall not be used by the signatories in the pursuit of military objectives or as tools of belligerent pursuit or prosecution of political or ideological supremacy.

5. The signatories shall consider liability for damage caused by artificially created space objects the responsibility of the entities that created, launched, and used them for whatever purpose, subject to reasonable and practical limitations;

6. The signatories shall, subject to reasonable and practical limitations, avoid harmful contamination, intentional or otherwise, of space and natural celestial bodies.

Piscivore:
Despite having reservations about the treaty as it stands, both Sadakoyama and Ceretis are interested in working with your group, especially in the International Space Station currently under discussion. To that end, we wish to propose the attached treaty under which such cooperation could more easily proceed.

Sadakoyama – Ceretis – OSTO Space Treaty.

We, the undersigned, recognizing the importance of maintaining Outer Space as an environment for all sapient kind to explore, exploit, and inhabit, hereby institute this treaty governing the activities of the individuals, organizations and nations we represent in our common future in outer space.

1. The exploration and exploitation of outer space by the signatories shall be carried out for the benefit and in the interests of all sapient entities;

2. The signatories shall not consider outer space as a whole to be exclusive domain of any one nation or group, but remain open to opportunity for exploration and exploitation by all;

3. The Moon and other natural celestial bodies, whether held in common trust or claimed, in whole or in part, by economic or political entities, shall not be used by the signatories in the pursuit of military objectives or as tools of belligerent pursuit or prosecution of political or ideological supremacy;

4. Joint projects undertaken under this agreement shall not be used by the signatories in the pursuit of military objectives or as tools of belligerent pursuit or prosecution of political or ideological supremacy.

5. The signatories shall consider liability for damage caused by artificially created space objects the responsibility of the entities that created, launched, and used them for whatever purpose, subject to reasonable and practical limitations;

6. The signatories shall, subject to reasonable and practical limitations, avoid harmful contamination, intentional or otherwise, of space and natural celestial bodies.
The Aussenministerium of the Empire of Kannex announces its attention to sign and participate under the Sadakoyama - Ceretis - OSTO Space Treaty. The Empire also intends to participate in the construction of the OSTO International Space Station.

The Most Serene Republic of Syrixia has decided to sign the Sadakoyama-Ceretis-OSTO Treaty accordingly. However, we find it seemingly odd that a new treaty would have to be forged rather than Sadakoyama, Ceretis, and now Kannex joining the OSTO.

To this extent, we hereby propose the merging of Sadakoyama, Ceretis, Kannex and OSTO into a new organization using the Sadakoyama-Ceretis-OSTO Treaty as its backbone rather than the Outer Space Treaty, with some elements from both if needed. Treaty negotiations may be necessary as well if needed.

Syrixia:
The Most Serene Republic of Syrixia has decided to sign the Sadakoyama-Ceretis-OSTO Treaty accordingly. However, we find it seemingly odd that a new treaty would have to be forged rather than Sadakoyama, Ceretis, and now Kannex joining the OSTO.

To this extent, we hereby propose the merging of Sadakoyama, Ceretis, Kannex and OSTO into a new organization using the Sadakoyama-Ceretis-OSTO Treaty as its backbone rather than the Outer Space Treaty, with some elements from both if needed. Treaty negotiations may be necessary as well if needed.
While Sadakoyama appreciates the vote of confidence, we do not, by this instrument, seek to supplant or diminish the excellent work done by Cascadia in proposing, instigating, and organizing this laudable endeavor, nor his leadership; it is simply that the idiosyncrasies of our own individual principles require these slightly altered terms.

(OOC: Reposting for a relevant reason.)
Syrixia does not seek to denigrate Cascadia and its efforts either; however it would be more favorable if we were united into our own organization, with an amendable charter, and with each nation party to the organization having its own terms if they so choose. United in diversity, the organization would be; and it would allow its members to band together and cooperate but at the same time attain more freedom in space, ensuring both cooperation and freedom in space. This idea would benefit everyone's terms.

We would also like to propose this logo for such an organization, which can be found below. This logo will likely be resized to fit the home thread of such organization, as it is quite large.

ISEO2.png

Syrixia:
Syrixia does not seek to denigrate Cascadia and its efforts either; however it would be more favorable if we were united into our own organization, with an amendable charter, and with each nation party to the organization having its own terms if they so choose. United in diversity, the organization would be; and it would allow its members to band together and cooperate but at the same time attain more freedom in space, ensuring both cooperation and freedom in space. This idea would benefit everyone's terms.

We would also like to propose this logo for such an organization, which can be found below. This logo will likely be resized to fit the home thread of such organization, as it is quite large.

ISEO2.png
:bump:

Syrixia:
Syrixia:

ISEO2.png
:bump:
Just tell me if I'm bumping this too quickly. It doesn't seem quick to me but idk. I just wanna hear some thoughts; after all, I did work hard on the idea, and that logo.

Syrixia:

ISEO2.png
I am not sure I see the difference between this proposed organization and the OSTO. Could you explain?

If we are going to do this, I propose the main topic looks like this:

ISEO2.png

Under Discussion: North Pacific Space Station
This organization is made up a single representative from each of our member nation. Together they make up the Assembly, a body that may propose, debate, and vote on proposals that when passed all member nations must abide by regarding Outer Space.

Our organization is based on the Charter, which you can read below. By joining this organization, you agree to all the terms listed in the Charter.

Charter goes here.

None

None

Please apply below if you would like to join this organization.

Code:
[i]Short Nation Name:[/i] [b]INSERT HERE[/b]

[i]Chosen Representative:[/i] [b]INSERT HERE[/b]

Nation [c] Representative [c]The Cascadian Commonwealth[c]Dr. Rion Stone

Cascadia:
Syrixia:

ISEO2.png
I am not sure I see the difference between this proposed organization and the OSTO. Could you explain?
The ISEO would allow Kannex and Sadakoyama to cooperate with OSTO under a new charter that works for everybody. It would make things much simpler than complicated treaties between nations who don't like the OSTO charter and OSTO.

Back