Resignation and long-term LoA[Archived]

r3naissanc3r

TNPer
-
-
Greetings everyone!

Earlier this week, I received some good news. I unexpectedly got a very lucrative job offer, which I am very excited about.

This has a couple of side-effects. First, I now need to deal with a few contractual obligations for my current job, finish a handful of projects, within the next two months, as opposed to the eight months I originally had. Second, I need to make a lot of arrangements for a massive transition in my life, a small component of which is moving to the west coast. As a result, I now find myself once more with very little time, and a need to focus exclusively on real life.

For this reason, I have decided to completely cut off, among other things, NationStates. I am going to be taking a long-term LoA from NS, at least for the next eight months, but potentially longer (I'm not calling it a "retirement" as we all know these rarely work, but it's indeed close to that).

I resign as Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, as well as from the NPA and any Executive Staff positions I currently have. I also resign from the Security Council, as I am not going to be able to maintain any forum or endotarting activity. I will not resign my citizenship, but I will let it lapse 30 days from now.

I apologize for this abrupt departure. I promised the delegate that I would undertake and complete a few projects during this term, which now will not be happening. Similarly, I put the Regional Assembly through the ordeal of admitting me to the Security Council not once, not twice, but three times, only for me to resign a month later. I also want to apologize to the people I promised to appoint as my deputies but never did: Alta Italia, Separatist Peoples, Lord Lore, and Ramaeus. I am sorry to have kept you waiting all this time for nothing. I was looking forward to working with you, and there was a large and exciting agenda for the ministry. I hope you, either as deputies to my successor, or as Ministers yourselves, can see to completion this agenda I am now abandoning.

As I said above, this job offer came completely unexpectedly, and a month ago I could not imagine I would be forced to resign my positions, let alone leave the game. Unfortunately, if I stayed in NS, I would be at a real risk of jeopardizing an once-in-a-lifetime RL career opportunity, and I can't afford to do that. Everytime I have tried in the past to "limit" my activity while remaining in the game, I have always failed miserably. So, I need to make a clean break.

As I mentioned privately to the delegate, I will continue to maintain the mass-TG page and the scripted telegrams that I run for the region - I will also provide a way so that you can change access and telegrams without me. I am also hosting a few images, and those will continue to be available, unless Dropbox suddenly goes out of business. Other than these, I do not believe there is anything else that is currently run by me and needs to be passed on, but please let me know if there is and I'll take care of it.

I do not expect to come on IRC any time soon. However, many of you have me on skype, and some of you have my email, facebook and even phone. You are all welcome to contact me there.

Best regards,
r3n.

I'm happy to hear that you've come into some unexpected success, if anyone deserves it after the amount of dedication you've shown, it's you. See you in a few months, and if you decide not to return because you've realised how silly this game is, we won't blame you ^^

Or at least, I won't. :D

I think you should really consider perhaps quitting your job so that you can play NationStates on a salary-free, volunteer basis for a full 40 hours a week.

Congratulations on your job and good luck!

R3n, I am really happy for you, my friend! You have shown great dedication in a game, and I am sure that you are just as equally dedicated if not more to real life. I wholeheartedly congratulate you on your new job. I am a bit sad, though, and I believe I can represent the whole region in saying that we will miss you a lot, but again RL comes first and I really do wish you the best in everything that you do!

Thank you for everything R3n and good luck!

~ Tomb

Happy for you r3n. We'll see you on the other side.

Look forward to hearing how you crushed the new job! :)

I'm gonna miss you! :cry:

Congratulations r3n! Thank you so much for your work and good luck in all your endeavors! I hope to see you soon! :D

Congratulations r3n! I'm nothing but happy for your success. Best wishes for your new endeavors! West Coast is best coast!!!

I will miss reading articles curated by my favorite penguin lord. :D

Best wishes for the future :bye:

"...You say Goodbye and i say Hello, hello, hello,
i don't know why you say Godbye, i say hello" :hello:

Happy trails from Syrixia! Good luck on your job!

*game face*

IS ELECTION TIEM

Great news on the job, r3n, but sorry to see you go. Don't be a stranger and hopefully we'll see you sometime next year.

I, and I'm sure all of the rest of us, completely understand, and wish you nothing but the best in your new job and all your future endeavors. Congratulations!

Sorry I am late to the party. I wondered where you had been. I hope you get settled and are able to come out of "retirement" when I got here a year ago you and a few others here I immediately looked up too and aspired to one day match your dedication and experience. With McMasterdonia and now you away there is a lot of experience missing from TNP...(not that we dont have good ones left -- we do)...I hope that if I ever get my head out of my rear and learn to be a good TNP Politican and have my own ministry someday or even a Delegacy of my own (no time soon) that You and McM will be back and ill be able to pick your brains and have you retained on my staff. :)I wonder if you'll see this or not.

Ah well best of luck to you r3n! Sad I dont have you on the facebook or whatever..I consider you a friend..I consider everyone a friend here...even if its a semi-anonymous forum game...id still like to know how youre doing time to time.

Thanks for all your service to the region. Mentors and professionals like you helped pave the way for the leaders of tnps tomorrow.

Back