The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
nptoflag.png

-Office of the North Pacific Treaty Organization Deputy Chairman-

Welcome to the office of the NPTO's Deputy Chairman. This is where general questions can be asked and will be answered to the best of the deputy chairman's abilities. All questions for the Chairman should be directed to the Office of the Chairman.

Our current chairman is from the nation of: Syrixia

The NPTO has legitimate concerns about Nessuno's rising militarism and thus these claims will not be removed unless the NPTO votes against the proposal.

While I normally would not intrude on a Deputy Chairman's office, in this case I must. The NPTO has not reached a consensus on Nessuno's alleged militarism, and will not release official statements from the Chairman on the proposal. However, the Deputy Chairman cannot speak on the issue on behalf of the NPTO as that is not his duty. The proposal will go through normal procedures, motion, debate, vote, and then implemented if passed. This is just like a proposal passed in the Democratic Union. The only difference is that it is temporarily appended to our main thread. This will be branched when we get our main organization together.

Thanks!

-Leah Charles
Chairwoman of NPTO

No, no, no. That's fine. The NPTO is still young and we all knew something along the lines of this would happen. Perhaps once voting on the initial proposals we should draft a constitution and recruit more members.

-Shaw Atlas
Deputy Chairman of the NPTO

We will straighten this all out once we get the different sections divided up. I have added a proposal to our main thread, so that we can provide stability. Well, I better get back to my office!

-Leah Charles
Chairwoman of NPTO

Greetings everyone.
Firstly, Syrixia, congratulations on your self-promotion.
Secondly, may I ask what Nessuno is actually doing to warrant such embargoes, and is there any RP thread I can read to get a sense of his recent activity? As I see it, Nessie is innocent.

There's been a few places here and there that hint to it, but mainly is the part where Nessuno's DU representative revealed that they have 600,000 tabun bombs.

Plus, Qualcuno Prison Camp was constructed, that kind of sounds like some sort of concentration camp.

And finally, let's not forget that recently they've been fiercely on the lookout for spies, as if they were planning something.

Thus, the NPTO administration has legitimate concerns and so I decided to propose this. You may vote however you want on it; whatever the voters vote for most will happen.

Also, I see most people have been paying attention to the Nessuno part. There's also an Cronaali Rebels part.

1- The 600,000 Tabun bombs are remnants of war. Instead, why not speak to me of your nuclear arsenal Syrixia?

2- Yes, Qualcuno is a Concentration Camp for Criminals, Murderers, Rapists, Mafia, Traffickers and Drug Dealers, etc.

3- The issue of Spies is nothing that, it's just a personal paranoia. Also, if you control my Embassy Exchange program, will see that i have accepted many Nations who have claimed to have Spies in their Embassy Staff.

4- The 3 points above have already been explained in other occasions before this.

5- As regards Cronaal, in history there have been many examples of nations in the same situation (USA, France, Italy, South America, Africa, etc.) and also it seems early to pass judgment.

I do not feel there is a need to impose any sort of sanctions on Nessuno. I do, however, support greater international intervention in Cronaal. Sanctions, and maybe combined military intervention from NPTO could be beneficial.

Nessuno:
1- The 600,000 Tabun bombs are remnants of war. Instead, why not speak to me of your nuclear arsenal Syrixia?

2- Yes, Qualcuno is a Concentration Camp for Criminals, Murderers, Rapists, Mafia, Traffickers and Drug Dealers, etc.

3- The issue of Spies is nothing that, it's just a personal paranoia. Also, if you control my Embassy Exchange program, will see that i have accepted many Nations who have claimed to have Spies in their Embassy Staff.

4- The 3 points above have already been explained in other occasions before this.

5- As regards Cronaal, in history there have been many examples of nations in the same situation (USA, France, Italy, South America, Africa, etc.) and also it seems early to pass judgment.

*Puts RP Mod hat on*

I am putting a stop to this right now. No one has 600,000 nuclear explosives active or otherwise. If you took the entire half century cold war production of nuclear weapons by the US and Soviet Union where both sides were funneling ridiculous amounts of resources into arms stockpiling and then tripled that it would be ~2/3rd of that.

The largest stockpile at anytime was about 43,000 and when it reached that level it quickly plummeted. There is a reason why large stockpiles of nuclear WMDs never last, they are volatile, expensive and dangerous to maintain, hard to manufacture, and if you have rebels they make prime targets for attacks.

This is what I mean, and this is why I propose if Nessuno doesn't recall these arms he gets sanctioned.

On the issue of the rebels in Cronaal, the NPTO is working on [CLASSIFIED]

Lord Lore:
Nessuno:

*Puts RP Mod hat on*

I am putting a stop to this right now. No one has 600,000 nuclear explosives active or otherwise. If you took the entire half century cold war production of nuclear weapons by the US and Soviet Union where both sides were funneling ridiculous amounts of resources into arms stockpiling and then tripled that it would be ~2/3rd of that.

The largest stockpile at anytime was about 43,000 and when it reached that level it quickly plummeted. There is a reason why large stockpiles of nuclear WMDs never last, they are volatile, expensive and dangerous to maintain, hard to manufacture, and if you have rebels they make prime targets for attacks.
For Lord Lore: In WW2 Nazi Germany produced over 500,000 chemical artillery shells and 100,000 chemical aerial bombs. It is better if you read, before criticizing, SOME SERIOUS HISTORY BOOKS!

For Syrixia: When you Others begin to drastically reduce your nuclear arsenal, then maybe i could seriously think to do the same. Until then, MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

I, despite not being a member, believe that Nessuno has no right to be detained or sanctioned. His actions deserve no sanctions and only do if there's a clear threat or use of these military stockpiles against a nation.

Chemical bombs =/= Nuclear bombs. Nuclear material has to go through really extensive and long refining processes. It also requires a vast amount of technical knowledge and specialized manufacturing processes. Chemical Artillery shells are not in ANY way compareble to nuclear bombs, Artillery Shells are extremely cheap and easy to make, they lack explosives or detonation while Nuclear Bombs have a very intricate system where a minor fission reaction has to start a chain reaction and reach a specific point to where it can ignite other material into a fusion reaction. And Chemical bombs likewise contain simple explosives to do nothing but disperse toxic materials, making them cheap in comparison to nuclear anything.

I'm with Lord Lore here. Nessuno shouldn't have made so many bombs. It's just unethical.

I think that having 600,000 chemical bombs like Tabun bombs isn't pushing realism too far. I would be happier if Nessuno reduced his stockpile, but I cannot see him using them, and there is no indication that he will. I am openly against any claims of militarism and paranoia aimed at Nessie, and would like to ask the Chairwoman her position on this subject. I reject Syrixia's proposal myself, and will be voting against it should a vote ensue.

Nessuno:
For Lord Lore: In WW2 Nazi Germany produced over 500,000 chemical artillery shells and 100,000 chemical aerial bombs. It is better if you read, before criticizing, SOME SERIOUS HISTORY BOOKS!
Got a source for that?

I was confused due to the fact that I thought Tabun was just the name he gave to nuclear bombs due to the fact that he lumped it in with Syrixia nuclear arsenal so I did a little digging into Tabun and found several major problems. Well Tabun is in the same group as Sarin, it is also quite easy to make BUT as the nazis found large scale production of the material caused massive quality problem and if you produce it in that large of quantities it degrades even faster then normal which is pretty quickly. Many scientists of the era also described it as impractical since it was never originally intended as a weapon and instead is a glorified insect killer. So its fine that he has though cuz within a few months the entire stockpile would be null.

How though? Just saying "this works because today" or "this works because technology" is basically godmodding.

Lord Lore:
Chemical bombs =/= Nuclear bombs. Nuclear material has to go through really extensive and long refining processes. It also requires a vast amount of technical knowledge and specialized manufacturing processes. Chemical Artillery shells are not in ANY way compareble to nuclear bombs, Artillery Shells are extremely cheap and easy to make, they lack explosives or detonation while Nuclear Bombs have a very intricate system where a minor fission reaction has to start a chain reaction and reach a specific point to where it can ignite other material into a fusion reaction. And Chemical bombs likewise contain simple explosives to do nothing but disperse toxic materials, making them cheap in comparison to nuclear anything.
One more reason to reduce your Nuclear Arsenals.
Syrixia:
I'm with Lord Lore here. Nessuno shouldn't have made so many bombs. It's just unethical.
Instead be in possession of a Nuclear Arsenal is ethical?
Nierr:
Nessuno:
Got a source for that?
"Hitler's secret weapons 1933-1945" by David Porter.

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
You site WWII technology. In today's era, + a few years for modern tech, I reckon Nessie could find a way to preserve them. He's clever like that.
That is a ridiculous notion..... modern technology has yet to figure out a way to extend the compound Sarin which is in the same group as Tabun. Sarin, which dillutes and breaking down wtihin about 48 hours of being mixed. And Iran and Iraq had the exact same problem as the Nazis did not even 30 years ago.

Ok. Everyone, please take this out of my office and into PMs. As OP I find this negative to my office thread and the conversation has gone on way too long for a simple "ask questions to the deputy chairman" office thread.

Thanks,
Syrixia

EDIT: Sorry, Syrixia. You posted while I wrote mine. Maybe we'll wait with this discussion until a proper thread has been created in the upcoming subforum.

I'll be sure to make a thread for conversations on proposals once the subforum is created. I believe that would be a good thread to continue this conversation.

Now, let's see who else has a question to ask.

Dear Mr. Chairman,

As you upload most of the official graphics, I'm assigning this technical issue to you for your answer.
Corporal Clegg:
I have a slight issue and I'm not exactly sure that this is the place for it. If not, please point me in the right direction!
Thanks!

So, as I mentioned earlier that my school-issued ipad has a filter in place so we don't do any illegal stuff from these things. I also mentioned that this is my only way to access the internet, so it has a few drawbacks, like not being able to visit imgur or any other photo-uploading sites. I foresee this issue coming up a lot when I'm around so here's a request for me and all others in the same situation...

Could we all upload important images and other files that need to be shared onto Dropbox? It's free and it's easy and best of all, most schools don't block it!

If you have any other ideas please let me know, and if all else fails, there's still email...which is pretty sketchy...

Thank you so much for hearing me out, and thanks for your time,

Corporal Clegg
Leader of Sirisea

I'm an idiot lol. I forgot to answer this one, it was so tucked away in the forum.

Corporal Clegg, I think Dropbox would be alright but I wouldn't use this as a long term solution. Talk to your parents about getting Internet for your home, it will make things easier.

But again, Dropbox as a short term solution would be OK.

Thanks for that!

I have another question. I'm trying to bring in some new members, but I don't know where the official application thread is. Could you please post a link to that?

Thanks! :)

Corporal Clegg:
Thanks for that!

I have another question. I'm trying to bring in some new members, but I don't know where the official application thread is. Could you please post a link to that?

Thanks! :)
Sorry to intrude on your office, Mr. Deputy, but I had to answer this one. There is no application thread, as no charter has been created to sustain an application.

Back