Discussion: TNP Resident Spotlight

Tomb

TNPer
Alright team, so this has been an idea that's been rolling in my mind for a while now.
Inspired by similar programs in TSP, CoC, and a few other regions, I was thinking about introducing the Resident Spotlight to The North Pacific through the Ministry of Home Affairs.

Resident Spotlight is basically a program in which one interviews a resident in The North Pacific. The member being interviewed does not necessarily have to have an account on the forums. The purpose of this program is to integrate TNP residents with their region, TNP, and it's just a fun program that shows our Home Affairs Ministry reaching out to people not just on our forum, but also those who don't have accounts.

As far as interview templates or interview methods, this is open to discussion.

I just want to see what the Ministry thinks of such a program overall and to see what the Executive Staff thinks.

~ Tomb

I think that this is a good idea. It's a good way to welcome others into the region and maybe even the Forums.

I also think this is a good idea. Definitely make residents feel more welcome and part of the community :)

I do like this idea and would like to assist by helping with the interviews! Journalism is my second love!
;)

Thanks for the input guys!

Any ideas on format or how the interviews should be held (IRC, PM, Telegram, etc.)?

~ Tomb

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
Thanks for the input guys!

Any ideas on format or how the interviews should be held (IRC, PM, Telegram, etc.)?

~ Tomb
Bumping this again, team.

~ Tomb

IRC seems a better medium to me. Maybe a separate channel so the interview isn't clogged with random IRC chat.

Hmm. Some individuals may not even know what an IRC is. Maybe we should interview them at their comfort. We approach them through the Telegrams (or PM's) , we introduce ourselves and then turn the spotlight to them. We explain our purpose for coming to them and then ask to interview, by a method of their choice, whether it be IRC, Telegrams or PM but if they don't mind, I guess the most efficient.

If they are online often enough, perhaps the IRC, but if not perhaps the Forum or Telegrams. I would say it would depend on a case-by-case basis of whether they have an idea of where to be interviewed and the matter which would be most efficient.

I would also suggest that we ask the person who we are interviewing what method they would like.

Andrew:
Hmm. Some individuals may not even know what an IRC is. Maybe we should interview them at their comfort. We approach them through the Telegrams (or PM's) , we introduce ourselves and then turn the spotlight to them. We explain our purpose for coming to them and then ask to interview, by a method of their choice, whether it be IRC, Telegrams or PM but if they don't mind, I guess the most efficient.

If they are online often enough, perhaps the IRC, but if not perhaps the Forum or Telegrams. I would say it would depend on a case-by-case basis of whether they have an idea of where to be interviewed and the matter which would be most efficient.
:agree:

Andrew:
Hmm. Some individuals may not even know what an IRC is. Maybe we should interview them at their comfort. We approach them through the Telegrams (or PM's), we introduce ourselves and then turn the spotlight to them. We explain our purpose for coming to them and then ask to interview, by a method of their choice, whether it be IRC, Telegrams or PM but if they don't mind, I guess the most efficient.

I agree with this. Seeing as we would be interviewing people in-game, to keep them engaged their preferred method of contact would be favored.

Other than that, I like the idea. I know being a resident in a big region like TNP can be exasperating, and people who decide not to join the off-site government can really feel left out in their region.

Thanks for the input, team! I'll put together this project tomorrow, assign a Deputy to direct it, present it to McM, and we'll see where to go from there.

~ Tomb

Thanks for the input, team! I'll put together this project tomorrow, assign a Deputy to direct it, present it to McM, and we'll see where to go from there.

~ Tomb
Good Luck. If you need help, your team is here :)

Of course, I'll present to you all for editing. I should be done with it this evening.
Tomb, have you had a chance to finish this yet or do you want me to take over?

Hey guys, so should we start interviewing some people?
We do have a weekend coming up, and while I do know that Easter is near, I think it would be a good idea nevertheless to start contacting individuals (since not everyone celebrates Easter.) I personally can fit in a couple of interviews on the weekend if needed.

~ Tomb

We do have a weekend coming up, and while I do know that Easter is near, I think it would be a good idea nevertheless to start contacting individuals (since not everyone celebrates Easter.) I personally can fit in a couple of interviews on the weekend if needed.

~ Tomb
Yes :) . Should we start with some individuals whom we recruited not too long ago but have made great progress so far? Some names come to mind for that category of people.

Andrew:

~ Tomb
Yes :) . Should we start with some individuals whom we recruited not too long ago but have made great progress so far? Some names come to mind for that category of people.
Sure thing, Andrew. Who did you have in mind?

Andrew:

~ Tomb
First name that comes to mind is RPI (but I cant remember if he was mentored by HA). He joined the forums less than two months ago and he is already a Deputy Speaker and Ministerial Director :)

I'll try and scratch my head for more names.

Andrew:
Andrew:

I'm sorry, I hate the idea of one nominating oneself, but that does also sound like me.

I know that RPI certainly has made more progress than me, but if you need multiple people, I believe I've made good progress.

Andrew:
Andrew:

~ Tomb
First name that comes to mind is RPI (but I cant remember if he was mentored by HA). He joined the forums less than two months ago and he is already a Deputy Speaker and Ministerial Director :)

:tb2:
No, I was never mentored by HA. And, I'd gladly participate in an interview.

I would have nominated RPI if you hadn't, Andrew. I think he's eventually going to be our Delegate, and not in the distant future, either.

Darcania:
Andrew:
Andrew:

I'm sorry, I hate the idea of one nominating oneself, but that does also sound like me.

I know that RPI certainly has made more progress than me, but if you need multiple people, I believe I've made good progress.

Please :)

RPI:
Andrew:
Andrew:

~ Tomb

:tb2:
No, I was never mentored by HA. And, I'd gladly participate in an interview.
Thank You :)

Alta Italia:
I would have nominated RPI if you hadn't, Andrew. I think he's eventually going to be our Delegate, and not in the distant future, either.

Possibly. One can only hope of achieving high office.

Looking at the Mentoring thread, some individuals were mentored by the Home Affairs Ministry. Such as Alta Italia and Sauceistan

Hmm, okay, I guess I was technically mentee to Space, but I don't ever remember him contacting me.

Don't know if you wanted me to mention about any mentoring I got, but it appears that I was technically mentee to Andrew, but I was never contacted.

I'd like to sign up to be an interviewer. I'm much too "old" to be interviewed myself.

Darcania:
Don't know if you wanted me to mention about any mentoring I got, but it appears that I was technically mentee to Andrew, but I was never contacted.
I'm gonna look over my old PMs to see if I did. If I didn't i'll feel so ashamed :(

So, when do you want to do the interview? I might be busy today, but if today's when you want to do it, I can try and set aside some time.

Well, don't know what happened to all this, but, if we're still doing the interviews, I'm available every day, unless something comes up. Best time would probably be between 2:00 PM and 10:00 PM MDT.

Andrew PMed me, and he said the when; where; and how are up to those being interviewed.

RPI:
Andrew PMed me, and he said the when; where; and how are up to those being interviewed.
Well, now that I know that:

Any time during the last weekend would have been fine, but due to RL issues it won't be a good idea to interview me in the next couple of days. After that, though, any time in the range I stated above would be fine, and I'd be OK with PMs or IRC.

Back