Wintreath's Got Talent Concludes, Contestants Win!

Wintreath's Got Talent (Werewolf II) Concludes, Contestants Win!

2a7ZY8O.jpg

A saboteur's stunt has people running from the stage...
Greetings! The Werewolf game we sent invitations out for last month has concluded, and as promised this is a play-by-play of how it went and who had not broken a leg when all was said and done, given by Pengu, the showrunner of the game! This was Wintreath's first attempt at hosting an inter-regional event and overall I believe we can call it a success that we can build future events on. I'm glad so many people came to our region and had a good time, and as Monarch I would like to think our partner regions for allowing us to post an invitation, the players that joined for helping make the game as fun as it was, and especially to our Acting Jarl of Culture, Pengu, without whom this would not have been possible.

Hello everyone, Pengu here!

It was on Christmas Eve when sign ups for Wintreath's Got Talent began, and I'm here to tell you today that the show has at last concluded.

It was a tough game for both sides all around. It almost seemed doomed at the start for the good guys, as they lost Fabulous Frannie (aka the Seer) during the very first Commercial break and one of the Wall Sons (aka one of the defenders) during the second. But with the death of a Saboteur on the second Showtime, the contestants were determined.

As round 3 came and went and innocents continued to be either voted off or sabotaged. The most amusing news was the tie in round 3 between Ater Nox and The Candy Lane. TCL had won the coin toss, and thus Ater Nox was booted. Things looked grim once more to the contestants, as they dwindled down to a 4-2 advantage with only one Wall son protecting them. Even Frankie G was a wild card, since he could take his win with either team...thus making it so he could choose to help either side.

But much to the contestants' surprise, Frankie G decided to help them instead of the Saboteurs, and it was during the 4th showtime that their victory was assured. When all had voted to off Hugsim, one of the Wall sons, Colberius X (playing the role of Frankie G) decided to take a shot and shift all of the votes to Aersoldorf. Little did he know that by making that switch, he had saved a wall son in exchange for the second Saboteur!

To add further insult to injury to the bad guys, Colberius X used his one-shot negate power during the following commercial break, keeping the field at a 4-1 advantage for the good guys. And with a bit of luck (since none of them knew who each other were), the remaining 3 (with the 4th being in active) voted against The Candy Lane...who just happened to be the final Saboteur!

And thus the good guys: Barry, Hugsim, Aragonn, and Colberius X stole the win. And with a bit of randomizer action, Barry's remarkable act had stolen away the hearts of the judges and earned him the spot of Top Talent for a second time (Barry was a returning winner from Taco Island's Got Talent)!

Now, I've only explained the bare-bones results of the game. But I encourage anyone reading this to check out the thread on Wintreath for the full game and results, complete with fully fleshed out scripts/scenarios for every time that a contestant went up on stage. You can check out the thread here..

This game wouldn't have been possible without all of the support of Wintreath's ambassadors spreading the word, as well as the continued support of our Monarch, Wintermoot. But most importantly, this game wouldn't have been possible without the awesome players that participated within it. So to everyone who helped make this game possible, thank you very much and I hope to see you again in the future games.

If you have an interest in Werewolf and didn't get to participate in this game, fear not! As I said, there will be future games, and I strongly encourage anyone interested to take part.

And this goes for other games that Wintreath may host as well: If you have a desire to participate or simply wish to know more, simply check out Wintreath and send either myself or the game's host a PM, or you can send your local ambassador a PM and they can gather the details for you and see if the game is something you'd be interested in.

I hope I get the pleasure of either hosting a game with many of you taking part, or playing alongside you in future games!

-Pengu

Back