RP Event With Wintreath

Egalotir

TNPer
One of my goals for this term is for us to become more familiar with the current regions we have relationships and ambassadors with. One of these regions is Wintreath. They are a region of 262 people, with a very active forum. They have recently had an explosion in RP just like ours. I've been active on their IRC for awhile and they are all very open and friendly, especially their Delegate. They are a more low-key region and more of independents when it comes to military ops.

In order to increase our relations with them, I met with the Delegate Wintermoot who also founded the region, and we discussed how we could make it happen. The result is a joint RP event between our two regions. The event would go on from February 9th till the 13th (5 days). It will be hosted on their forums. The setting will be a village like celebration, less formal, and will allow everyone to meet& greet over music, fire, dance and alcohol of course.

I believe this will be beneficial for us as it will give people another chance at RP, as well has possibly working towards a new ally. As they are low-key it could be very beneficial to have them as friends.

I will be working with Wintermoot over the next couple days to get it all set up. I would love to hear any, and all ideas/thoughts/comments/concerns.

Thank you,
Egalotir
Minister of Foreign Affairs

A rather unpleasant individual who is permabanned from TNP's forum, as well as dozens of other regions' forums. He has a long history of persistent harassment and other unsavory behavior, sometimes crossing into RL. Wintreath is, I believe, the only region currently harboring him.

I think that we shouldn't let our foreign policy be judged by one individual (Govinidia). While I do see Asta's point of view, I am still determined in participating if the Minister still intends to go on with his plans. I believe that in the end this is a game, and as long as Govinidia is not harming us and is not holding any major position in Wintreath, then it would be a good idea to conduct and improve relations.

~ Tomb

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
I think that we shouldn't let our foreign policy be judged by one individual. While I do see Asta's point of view, I am still determined in participating if the Minister still intends to go on with his plans. I believe that in the end this is a game, and as long as Govinidia is not harming us and is not holding any major position in Wintreath, then it would be a good idea to conduct and improve relations.

~ Tomb
Yea I will keep an eye out for him for sure.

This sounds very interesting and fun! I would love to participate and I'm sure many other people will want to as well.

I doubt they will be receptive to any such conversation - they never have before.

Note that I don't want to nix this event at all, I just want to make sure people are aware that I won't be attending.

Can I just say that you are attending "under protest"? :P

But you need not say anything, and i can just pretend that we have you locked up in the private plane? :P

Quick update for wintermoot:

Greetings! I know how busy you are during the week, so I thought I would visit you here on TNP's forum and give you an update of what we've come up with thus far for the shindig next week. We still haven't got a name for the event ready, but we do have a list of activities and contests, and we'll probably think of a few more still.

Activity List
Introductions Topic - A place for people to introduce themselves

"Wintreath's Got Talent" Style Competition - Festival-goers that wanted to play would make submissions showcasing their talents...drawings, short stories, poems, songs, etc, and a panel of judges would whittle down the submissions to one winner.

Tavern Tent - Similar to the Frostbite Tavern in Wintreath, but specific to the festival...casual RP and general discussion.

Winter Wonderland Avatar Contest - A contest to find the best winter-themed avatar. The first half of the festival would be for submissions, and the last half would be for voting by festival-goers to pick the best one.

Adopt a Pen-Pal - This would be a 'service' that matches up people who sign as potential 'pen-pals' between the regions...someone from Wintreath would get matched up with someone from TNP. We think this would be a good way to get to know each other and make friends on a personal basis.

WA Resolution Mad-Lib - We would take a WA resolution from the past, remove some of the words, and let festival-goers fill in the blanks how they want to for the greatest effect.

Again, there will probably be more, but I think we got a good initial list going. We're trying to create something for everyone to attract as many people as possible. How do you feel about announcing this on Friday? Do you believe that would be too close to Monday? Also, do we want to work on the announcement together as a joint-statement or do our own announcements?

-Wintermoot

It sounds like a great RP event to me, and I will continue to keep you all updated.

Well, the Delegate has not logged on for a week now, so that may be a factor we may want to consider.

However, otherwise, our community is as active as ever, and I believe that if McMasterdonia was here, he would have wanted everything to go along as planned.

So yes, I think we are ready as well.

~ Tomb

Just an update the event has begun. We should do all we can to get people involved and sign up on their forums. Secondly i put a forum request to put it up in the announcements.

Back