[Discussion] Map of the North Pacific

There isn't the will for a new map, however there was some support for this redraw and replacement of landmasses to eliminate what was an ocean the size of the continental US.

New updates won't accepted until either the convention is over or we have a consensus on how to proceed. I laid out here my proposal on how conflicting claims would be handled.

A scale will be added, although I believe one shouldn't be needed. Any kind of infobox as seen on Alunya's updates is not something I plan on adding, although I may add some kind of iconography for alliances/organisations, with identifying factors on the map, probably at the bottom.

I like Nierr's redraw, it makes more sense for a region of terrestrial nations. The mere fact that we are technically an ocean does not necessarily justify there being an entire ocean between the major land masses. As a bonus, maintaining the map at its current size gives plenty if space for custom island chains, or even extra continents should we require them.

I do however think that a scale is more necessary than is commonly thought; at least it gives some sensibility to the map.

What kind of scale would you suggest? TSP - who it's been suggested we collaborate with - uses a 2 pixel to 1 km scale.

Nierr:
What kind of scale would you suggest? TSP - who it's been suggested we collaborate with - uses a 2 pixel to 1 km scale.
Possibly reverse that scale to 1 pixel to 2km?

I would say keep the 1 pixel = 4 Km2 or just bypass the use of a scale. For a 2 = 1 km2 to work it would have to be 2x2 pixels = 1 km2 and that would make this map ridiculously small. And the same goes for the 1 pixel = 2 km2.

TSP actually uses 2km to 1 pixel, I was mistaken.

Been a long day.

Lord Lore:
I would say keep the 1 pixel = 4 Km2 or just bypass the use of a scale. For a 2 = 1 km2 to work it would have to be 2x2 pixels = 1 km2 and that would make this map ridiculously small. And the same goes for the 1 pixel = 2 km2.
:agree: Keep the scale.

Back