vfs.png

34rd Session of Parliament

Speaker of Parliament
Vacant

Peers of Parliament
Klaus Mikaelson, Viscount Belfast
Alexander W.G. Stewart, Lord Dundonald

Members of Parliament

Michael Stewart of Northern England (DUP)
Daniel Wright of Southern England (DUP)
Edwin Astor of Wales (BCP)
Victoria Stewart of Scotland (DUP)
Zachary Marshall of Northern Ireland (DUP)
***​
Majority: Democratic Unionist Party
Loyal Opposition: No Organized Minority

Alexander W.G. Stewart Elected Prime Minister!

[img=300,300]http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w541/KAWScott/W-Duke-of-Windsor1_zps0995d670.jpg[/img]

As the December 2014 General Election draws to a close, Alexander W.G. Stewart and Charles M. Fraser went head to head for the Prime Ministerial seat. The election has been quite possible the first partisan election which has not at any point seen a candidate resorting to negative campaigning in United Kingdom's history. Both candidates fought hard, well respected campaigns, however, there could only be one winner. With his inspiring campaign, featuring speeches from around the region, YouTube campaign videos and the support of his political party, Alexander Stewart won the election for Prime Minister with a majority vote of 72%.

First Statement of Alexander W.G. Stewart - 29th Premiership:
First Statement
as Prime Minister

29th Premiership of the United Kingdom

Thirty-First of December Two Thousand and Fourteen​

Ladies and Gentlemen of the United Kingdom,

Today is a joyous day. Once again you, the people, have placed your confidence in me to govern these United Kingdoms. I deeply appreciate the trust that the vast majority of the voting public have seen fit to have in me, and I will endeavour and do my utmost not to disappoint or renege on my solemn promise to always do what I believe is best for this, our great region.

I would like to take this time to once more thank my opponent, Charles Fraser, for conducting a clean, positive, and policy lead campaign. I am sure in whichever role Mr. Fraser seeks to apply himself next, he will not disappoint. I also thank the Democratic Unionist Party for their stalwart efforts in this election which have seen three of four party candidates be elected to their constituencies thus far, with a chance of a fourth in the the run-off. This is a great victory for the Democratic Unionists, and as a result I believe it is also a great victory for the United Kingdom. I believe wholeheartedly that those chosen to represent the electorate in the House of Parliament will not be a disappointment to those who voted for them yesterday. Of course I also thank my wife, because behind every strong man, is a stronger woman. Victoria has been a rock for me during the last few weeks and months, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Now, on to matters of state. Shortly there will be a roll call on all Civil Servants and Military personnel. I will be assessing the capability, in our current state, to maintain and later expand the Foreign and Defence dossiers of the British Government; as well as assessing the Home Office portfolio in relation to the Mentor Program and the soon to be formed, Fourth Sector Initiative. These next few days will be very important in laying the foundation stone for a successful term. I will expend full cooperation of existing civil servants and military personnel, regardless of partisan affiliation during the election; this is no longer party politics, but the continuity and progress of the region, which undoubtedly transcends any such divisions.

Shortly I will be meeting with His Majesty the King to kiss hands, here is the cabinet that will be formed in His Majesty's name following invitation;

First Secretary of State (advisor): Silver Steps
Director of Communications (coordination): Daniel Wright
Secretary of State for the Home Office: Prime Minister - Junior Minister, John Mikaelson?.
Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs : Victoria Stewart - Junior Minister, Frederik Plantagenet
Secretary of State for Defence: Michael Stewart - Chief of the Defence Staff, Prime Minister
Culture Secretariat: Chairman, Prime Minister - Junior Ministers; Tony Benn, Daniel Wright & Zachary Marshall
Director-General of the Security Service Mi5: Prime Minister
Attorney General: Edwin Astor

As can be seen above, I will be taking several roles within the new Government and I hope to be quite hands on with the management and involvement in the government. I trust those I have mentioned to be examples of diligence and efficiency in their commission as Cabinet Officer-holders; although it need not really be mentioned that those who fail in that duty, will be removed with due haste. This great region deserves a great cabinet to match, and I hope to ensure that is the case throughout my term.

Thank you for taking the time to read my first official statement as Prime Minister. I look forward to serving you over the next two months.

Regards,
+Dundonald

Contacting His Majesty's Government

We would like to take a moment to direct your attention to the various points of contact within the United Kingdom, under this Premiership.

Department [c] Point of Contact [c]Office of the Prime Minister and Cabinet Affairs[c]Alexander W.G. Stewart, Prime Minister [c]Home Office (Immigration & Citizenship)[c]Alexander W.G. Stewart, Prime Minister

John Mikaelson?, Junior Minister of State for the Home Office
[c]Foreign Office (Treaties, Alliances, State Visits, Official Visits, Ambassadors)[c]Victoria Stewart, Foreign Secretary

Frederik Plantagenet, Junior Minister of State for Foreign Affairs (British Diplomatic Service) [c]Ministry of Defence (interregional missions)[c]Michael Stewart, Defence Secretary [c]Ministry of Culture (Interregional festivities & events)[c]Tony Benn, Culture Secretariat [c]Security Services[c]Alexander W.G. Stewart, Director-General of the Security Service Mi5 [c]Legal Matters[c]Edwin Astor, Attorney General

BBC Election Report December 2014:
300px-BBC.svg.png
Date (31 DEC 2014)
DUP triumph over BCP in General Election
The newly formed Democratic Unionist Party lead by Alexander Stewart triumphed in the General Election with them winning Number 10 and three confirmed seats, with a possible addition on the way.

zJ0RYvj.png

Alexander Stewart (pictured) was elected Prime Minister after securing 72% of the vote.
Alexander Stewart has led his party into a victory at the election, winning the premiership for himself and gaining three confirmed seats for his party colleagues. This comes after an election campaign which has been commended by a great number in the region for its positive approach.

The constituencies of Wales and Northern Ireland are still under contention with incumbent Edwin Astor of the British Centralist Party likely to retain this seat and the Unionist candidate Zachary Marshall likely to enter Parliament for the first time as MP for Northern Ireland. If re-elected, Mr Astor looks to be the only member of the BCP to take a seat, this a contrast to the dominance of the party in the last Parliament.*

Lord Stewart used his first address as Prime Minister to thank his opponent for the office, Charles Fraser as well as his wife Victoria, along with announcing the Cabinet. The Prime Minister will be taking on a number of ministerial briefs himself including the Home Office, MI5 and playing a lead role in the Ministry of Culture. Michael Stewart remains as Defence Secretary and Edwin Astor as Attorney General. Two new roles have been crafted for this term, the First Secretary of State who shall act as an advisor to the government and the Director of Communications who will be responsible for the government's communications with the public.

*UPDATE: January 1st 2015 -- Edwin Astor wins his bid for MP for Wales and Zachary Marshall wins his election for MP for Northern Ireland
BBC General Election Analysis:
BBC-One-logo.png

December General Election

795MkJw.png
This is a Statistical break down of this past election;

First voter turnout was down but not significantly with 24 voters that's a drop of one voter.

jGt9eTn.png

In the Prime Minister's race we saw DUP sweep into No. 10. With Alexander W.G. Stewart (DUP) handily defeating Charles Fraser (BCP) 72%-28%
v0YrbAP.png

The Democratic Unionist's Party's run carried over into parliamentary races as they took four of the five seats and the fifth seat wasn't contested by the party the break down of Races are as follows;

In, Northern England we saw, Michael R.E. Stewart (DUP) hold off Tony Benn (BCP) 52%-44%
9CW68nn.png

Southern England, Daniel Wright (DUP) overcame Prime Ministerial candidate, Charles Fraser (BCP) 60%-40% with Charles gaining 3 more votes then his bid for No. 10
K1zD77k.png

The Scotland race saw the largest gap between parliamentary candidates with Victoria E.C. Stewart (DUP) defeating Vac Mikaelson (BCP) 60%-32%
WyCWWbF.png

Wales was the only seat DUP didn't contest and with three contenders vying for the seat it was sure to go into run off territory which it did. In the first round we saw Edwin T. C. Astor (BCP), Jacob Rees-Mogg (UKIP), and John Mikaelson (SF) face off with Edwin T. C. Astor (BCP) and John Mikaelson (SF) tying at 32% knocking Jacob Rees-Mogg (UKIP) out of the running with 28%
MhHdeTW.png
In the run-off political veteran Edwin T. C. Astor (BCP) was able to hold off John Mikaelson (SF) 66.7%-33.3%
wW9ds2E.png
Northern Ireland saw BCPs Viviana Paterson face Zachary Marshall, of DUP 50%-33.3% Mr. Marshall, having not recieved the necessary votes to win the seat out right faced Ms. Paterson in a runoff.

clMLFoG.png
OFGDCcU.png

Over all DUP made great strides with 49% of the vote share BCP at 35%
w29xkC0.png

britannia.png

This update was brought to you by the
~ Foreign and Commonwealth Office ~
on behalf of His Majesty, His Government and His Citizens.
Respectfully, British Diplomatic Service

Back