Not the Speaker
-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Olvern
Discord
lordnwahs
The Democratic Union's Constitution establishes a bicameral legislature that decides laws and treaties: a democratically-elected Democratic Parliament, with seats apportioned by the population of the member states as the lower house, and an Democratic Council formed by the ambassadors, heads of state and heads of government of the various members states, including observer states, as the upper house.

My question is: is it assumed that actions that are undertaken and legislation passed by the member nations are counted as having passed through both the parliament and the council? I would think that questions would be posed on this, especially given the population-based representation in the Democratic Parliament that, if we were to adopt NS measurements for nations, significantly favours established nations over newer nations.

Should there be a way in which we can effectively RP the legislature without giving too much power towards these nations, balancing power between all member states while at the same time resembling something like the European Parliament IRL, that was (I assume) the intended effect of the Constitution? I'd like to hear some ideas on this.

Maybe we should just amend the whole constitution so that it only involves ambassadors :P

Of course, a NatSov clause is still definitely necessary, given the whole nonsense about interventions in RPs these days.

A two-stage system seems messy when it gets out of hand, which I can see happening quite a lot. The one stage system is something that works. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Let's try a 1-stage system. As others said it may work better and, plus, it's good to shake things up once in a while.

Back